R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 05-04-2009, 06:07 AM   #4876
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
u guys are racing next saturday right? you start the same time as last weekend?. and ? about slash, i have a lipo but it's a 3 cell so i know i cant run that, but can i run a 7 cell nimh? i know one of the guys in my main lastweek was running a 7 cell?

thanx
Isaac

Saturday 5-9 at 4:00pm, Isaac. Not sure about the 7 cell battery!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:56 AM   #4877
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (99%+)

if anyone is interested i have 2 Checkpoint 5400 lipos for sale at $50 each
if anyone is interested just send me a PM
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #4878
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Nighthawk;5765600]u guys are racing next saturday right? you start the same time as last weekend?. and ? about slash, i have a lipo but it's a 3 cell so i know i cant run that, but can i run a 7 cell nimh? i know one of the guys in my main lastweek was running a 7 cell?

Any 2 cell 7.4 lipo and 6 cell nimh as per rules of spec. Some guys are using the 7th cell as a (dummy) cell for weight but are not to be used as a true 7 cell for spec slash racing.
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #4879
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default oh ok

[QUOTE=PADIRTLMJUNKIE;5768320]
Quote:
u guys are racing next saturday right? you start the same time as last weekend?. and ? about slash, i have a lipo but it's a 3 cell so i know i cant run that, but can i run a 7 cell nimh? i know one of the guys in my main lastweek was running a 7 cell?

Any 2 cell 7.4 lipo and 6 cell nimh as per rules of spec. Some guys are using the 7th cell as a (dummy) cell for weight but are not to be used as a true 7 cell for spec slash racing.
no it was a true 7 cell,
I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble and im not about to name names.thats not the reason i asked about it.

I will continue to run the 6 cell's then

How do you guys get them to go so fast, i was in the b main, and watching the a main, (mostly the custom painted orange truck) i'm not kiding when i say that thing looks to have twice the power and speed of mine.
i could see if some people were running different gearing, but i dont understand how you manage to get that kinda power out of them. any tips? i guess i got alot of learning to do lol
but what a fun, cheap class for new r/c er's to get into the hobby in a great way!

Isaac
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #4880
Tech Master

[QUOTE=Nighthawk;5768698][QUOTE=PADIRTLMJUNKIE;5768320]

no it was a true 7 cell,
I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble and im not about to name names.thats not the reason i asked about it.

How do you guys get them to go so fast, i was in the b main, and watching the a main, (mostly the custom painted orange truck) i'm not kiding when i say that thing looks to have twice the power and speed of mine.
i could see if some people were running different gearing, but i dont understand how you manage to get that kinda power out of them. any tips? i guess i got alot of learning to do lol
but what a fun, cheap class for new r/c er's to get into the hobby in a great way!

Isaac[quote/]

Isaac, I painted the custom orange/blue truck.......which would explain why it is so blinding fast! Btw there all cheating! LOL! The "Spec" in Spec Slash stands for:

S-lash
P-eople
E-specially
C-heat

On a side note...the track has it's water supply back and ready to go, although after this rain filled week it may not be needed for Saturday! Thank you Chuck and Stritty!
Old 05-04-2009, 04:32 PM   #4881
Tech Master

Default lol

nice truck man, looks sweet,
but realy,,, how do you have so much power? lol I'd like to make the a-main some day, but i dont see that ever happening when i line up on the straight and by the time i get half way, there's trucks that were beside me that are well into turn one already LOL
Old 05-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #4882
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

[QUOTE=gixxerman;5769020][QUOTE=Nighthawk;5768698]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE View Post

no it was a true 7 cell,

Isaac[quote/]

Isaac, I painted the custom orange/blue truck.......which would explain why it is so blinding fast! Btw there all cheating! LOL! The "Spec" in Spec Slash stands for:

S-lash
P-eople
E-specially
C-heat

On a side note...the track has it's water supply back and ready to go, although after this rain filled week it may not be needed for Saturday! Thank you Chuck and Stritty!
Gixxer-moron he was talking bout my custom painted orange truck...its custom cuz of all the runs in it!!

Isaac - 1st off you can run any gear you want as far as i know, but to be honest I am running the bone stock set up as far as gearing,however i did change ride height, shock oil, and shock pistons. I did nothing special other then that, I did break in the motor, but not like mot ppl do, i just ran it threw the house at low speed to let the brushes seat. Also dont beat the crap outta your truck, this seems to be one thing a lot of guys dont realize, but since we cannot tear these motors apart to rebuild them so the more u run it and the hotter the motor gets the slower the truck goes, i ONLY run my truck at the track, NEVER at home, never more the 6-7 mins at a time, Its good to practice if you need to but in a situation like this i choose not to prac whit this truck, I use my other slash or one of the other cars i have laying around when i wanna "play" at home.....less run time and less heat in the motor means faster/long motor life
Old 05-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #4883
Tech Master

Default cool

[QUOTE=NeverATiteLine;5769090][QUOTE=gixxerman;5769020]
Quote:

Gixxer-moron he was talking bout my custom painted orange truck...its custom cuz of all the runs in it!!

Isaac - 1st off you can run any gear you want as far as i know, but to be honest I am running the bone stock set up as far as gearing,however i did change ride height, shock oil, and shock pistons. I did nothing special other then that, I did break in the motor, but not like mot ppl do, i just ran it threw the house at low speed to let the brushes seat. Also dont beat the crap outta your truck, this seems to be one thing a lot of guys dont realize, but since we cannot tear these motors apart to rebuild them so the more u run it and the hotter the motor gets the slower the truck goes, i ONLY run my truck at the track, NEVER at home, never more the 6-7 mins at a time, Its good to practice if you need to but in a situation like this i choose not to prac whit this truck, I use my other slash or one of the other cars i have laying around when i wanna "play" at home.....less run time and less heat in the motor means faster/long motor life
cool thanx for the tips man. yeah i think we had a meeting at your tent before we ran the slashes to get freq's figured out? i was there with matt.
race with you again soon!

Isaac
Old 05-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #4884
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post

S-lash
P-eople
E-specially
C-heat
No Wonder I keep comming in last place!!! I'm still running a stock truck. I guess I'll be ordering that new Brushless Combo for next week...Watch out guys these Slashs will be giveing those 1/8th Buggys a run for there money soon. I guess we will all have to learn to make Vroom Vroom noises.
jlharing99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:57 PM   #4885
Tech Master

Sorry NeverAGoodLap, I forgot about that piece of junk you have! Lmao! I thought your's was brown! Or is it really orange just covered in mud!
Old 05-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #4886
Tech Master

Isaac, almost forgot...I was really impressed with your Revo, man that thing screams!!!!!!! Was that a RB I saw peaking through the body?
Old 05-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #4887
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

[QUOTE=NeverATiteLine;5769090][QUOTE=gixxerman;5769020]
Quote:

Correct motor break in seems to be a plus in the titan. Gearing is the other thing to play with. Brent has a complete different set up than mine as far as ride hieght and shock oil and they seem to be very close. We both run a lipo and his orions seem to have more punch but I dont think it matters much.He drives way harder resulting in more crashes!lolBut he also has way lower times. If the track had more bite i.e. moisture, he will be the truck to beat on most days I think.I just try to be smooth and not crash resulting in consistancey in laps.Even a slow truck will beat a fast truck on its lid every other lap!lolIsaac gear up a little and drive smooth on all 4 wheels and you will be fine.
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #4888
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool Spektrum Receiver

Does anyone have a Spektrum Receive that want to get rid of? It can be an older 3000. I'm gonna need one for my Buggy.
jlharing99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #4889
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What I've found is to take hours of time preparing my Slash and the meticulous set up involved to make it fast.
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #4890
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
What I've found is to take hours of time preparing my Slash and the meticulous set up involved to make it fast.
haha