R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 04-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #4756
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
sc10 vs slash, as far as i see it, the sc10 is almost identical to the slash in some ways but in some ways it would need to be "equalized" to runs with the slashes i think if your gonna run the sc10 w/the slashes then they should have to run the same tires, motor, and springs as the slash. I dont think the ESC would make too much of a difference, BUT if it would prove that it does then maybe you should have to run the slash esc too. Bottom line is, i dont mind running with other trucks as long as they are bound by rules that would keep them the same speed as the slash.....i would rather keep it all slash but i also know there are some sc10's out there that wanna play too.....on a side note, the sc10 dont look as beefy as the slash,so i am sure if we hit it a few times w/the slash something will break

tom, im not sure i am gonna make it on sunday but if i do and becca is not running her truck, then its all yours

gixx......dont forget my pliers!!!!
Good point on springs,forgot about the shocks too. The plastic slash ones are a AE COPY but still plastic.
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #4757
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Something to think about. When Traxxas came out with those shocks, they only molded 2-hole and 3-hole pistons. They can be made to use Team Losi and Associated pistons (and RPM 2-stage) for a finer damping/pack (or bound/rebound) adjustment. A possible tech inspection issue if anyone cares. ?

Gixxer, how'd those V3 Pro-lines run Sunday? I think truggy wheels/tires might grip well too, someone try 'em.
maya butreax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #4758
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
Is this Joe? I'm gonna sell my tc5 I think and the max amps battery I was running in it.
Yea its me. Let me know I would be interested.
jlharing99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:19 AM   #4759
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

First off: I'm not a participant in Slash nor do I make the rules at the TRS.

All I was saying is that ROAR has made a SCT class and I think that anbody who had a truck that fits into the class should be allowed to race.If/When someone comes to the track with the SC10s everyone needs to be open minded and inclusive. So long as the tires and motors remain similar it should be extremely competitive.

Back in the TT01 days we would, in fact, allow other cars to race with TT01s. The regulars got so good at setting up TT01s they were only a second or two slower than the 19T Touring Cars. I was actually trying to open up TT01 to all cars w/silvercan motors before it switched to Late Model Ovals.

Even McCulloughs routinely groups differnent kinds of cars together to fill mains when they have to. On Saturday McCulloughs was running AE SC8s with Truggies and Mod 4wd Buggies with 2wd Buggies and Slashes were in Sportsmans running against good old fashioned Mod Trucks.

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #4760
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Everyone needs to relax a little bit when it comes to club racing.

Worry more about the car on on your pit table and less about the one next to you.

Its more about showing up with the vehicle of your choice, getting it into the race, and getting the most out of it you can.

As my Dad used to tell me when I was a kid "Paint hides nothing".

I know that has nothing to do with Slash's or RC, but, I still remember what he said til this day.

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #4761
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

ed,
im looking forward to making the trip this sunday...i couldnt make it saterday..a friend of mine got into a motorcycle accident and i went to danville hospital to show support for him.
i am looking forward to coming sunday though.

c-yall then..
Old 04-21-2009, 01:24 PM   #4762
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

When 6 people are at the track in August, everyone will be like 'remember when the Slash class was big'. Thats all I'm sayin

Morris-Bring it! I cant wait to see the new heat(you and Brad) dicing it out with us!
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #4763
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
When 6 people are at the track in August, everyone will be like 'remember when the Slash class was big'. Thats all I'm sayin

Morris-Bring it! I cant wait to see the new heat(you and Brad) dicing it out with us!
tom,
ill see what i can do...its going to be hard to beet you...you just smooth as hell bro.
hopefully the losi 8 will work good there like it does at drums....i cant complain with my results there...3rd place in the A.and there were 2 full mains there...still stoked about ths past sunday.....
as tom would say.....SICK
Old 04-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #4764
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlharing99 View Post
Looking to add a few vehicles to my fleet. 1/8th scale Buggy looks like too much fun not to try and just running the Slash next Winter would be no fun at all. So if anyone has a 1/8th Buggy or Touring Car they are looking at getting rid of let me know. Just looking for something to get started in those classes.

I have a Kyosho 777sp2 just laying around if you are interested. I got it off of Sam Crawford a year ago. It has so many spare parts you can probably build 2 of them! I can bring it to the track on sunday. I was hoping to get $200 for it since it has practically every kinghead hop up for it and so many spare parts...

-keith
killerX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #4765
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

I feel that i have mine (and toms) slashes set up pretty good, so to anyone that wants to bring another truck (and run similar motors and set ups) I say BRING IT!!!

Tom.....PM
Old 04-21-2009, 05:31 PM   #4766
Tech Elite

Quote:
I feel that i have mine (and toms) slashes set up pretty good, so to anyone that wants to bring another truck (and run similar motors and set ups) I say BRING IT!!!
Word

Quote:

Tom.....PM
and word
Old 04-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #4767
Tech Master

Quote:

Why is everone attacking Ed? Tom really ......'remember when the Slash class was big' c'mon? Yes the possibility of 6 people showing up in August is real but I'm sure it would not be over a SC10. Maybe because of a track that so "sick" that even scale has a problem racing it? A quote from one of your earlier post "be open minded"!!!!!

Brian D. Roar HAS changed the name of the Slash Class NOT Ed! Which I look for TRS do do in the future. Really we have no room turout wise to tell someone they can't race because they have a AE! As far as the shock thing....Alum. over plastic? I pretty sure that there are no performance gains from one to the other! Other than lighter weight for the plastics!

You guys act like Chuck or Doug would allow a all-out 15 second faster race truck race in the Slash Class I highly doubt it!!!!!

......An excerpt from the April 2009 RC Car Action page 79 on the SC 10

IS IT SPEC:
YES! The SC10 will be allowed to race against other 1/10-scale short-course trucks for several reasons. The truck features the same wheelbase and width as the Traxxas Slash. The wheels that come with the SC10 can be used with the stock Slash tires or any other after-market tires that are available for it. If your track imposes a spec tire rule, no worries, as you'll be able to mount up the appropriate tires to the SC10's wheels!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:22 PM   #4768
Tech Elite

The Altoona forum is full of turmoil! Just seems like a lot of effort was put into Slash in hopes of boosting numbers. Just voicing an opinion as the tt-o1 seemed to go from hero to not so much...
Old 04-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #4769
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
Maybe because of a track that so "sick" that even scale has a problem racing it?
I dont get this one? Is our track too crazy?
Old 04-21-2009, 06:55 PM   #4770
Tech Master

Not at all! But it could get out of control for 10th scale stuff with a couple more of the jumps you think we need!

Btw, tt-01 was still raced, just in Oval form!

Absolutley no turmoil here, like you just giving my point of view and not defending in any way, but getting sick of seeing Ed get bashed lately!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote