R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 04-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #4711
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards View Post
Ok. Thanks for the info Ed. A couple guys have been asking on other forums. I posted some info on HobbyTalk, as much as I knew anyway. I would like to race with you all this summer but my summer racing is kind of hard to plan with my work schedule. Plus, I'm electric only, so that limits me even more.
Please post the link from HT here and I will post updated info as regulary as I can! Thank you!

Fast Ed, I noticed in your last post you mentioned the SC 10 with the Slash class? Who has one, will they be running it soon or is it a secret?
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:13 PM   #4712
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey Gixxer, this is Ed.

I'm not getting a SC10 but it's only a matter of time before someone shows up with one. And since the SC10 is perfectly legal for the Short Course Truck (SCT) class created by ROAR, its going to be impossible to keep them out.

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:23 PM   #4713
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
Hey Gixxer, this is Ed.

I'm not getting a SC10 but it's only a matter of time before someone shows up with one. And since the SC10 is perfectly legal for the Short Course Truck (SCT) class created by ROAR, its going to be impossible to keep them out.

Very interesting Mr. Toth, I have been keeping up with that particular information, but thank you for posting it! I am very intrigued by the SC10!!! And since it's Legal in the Slash class I might just have to get one! Hmmmmm I wonder if TRS will update the Slash rule book to include the SC10?!?!?!?
Old 04-16-2009, 06:27 PM   #4714
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Lets start a pool to see what buggy Chuck shows up with this Saturday.
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:09 PM   #4715
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is there a wager in this pool. I say RC8.

Hypothetically, if an SC10 ran obviously faster laps, I would favor a weight penalty and preferrably shock tower mounted to raise the center of gravity. If I put a lot of effort into a Slash and gotten really good with it, I'd be pissed to lose a spec-class race against a low-chassis truck. very hypothetical at this point.
maya butreax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #4716
Tech Elite

We should each chip in $1. My money is with an rc8 too. Last year he ran some untouchable heats with one, so I thought back then he had found a home......
Old 04-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #4717
Tech Master

I'll throw a Hundred dollar bill on Mugen, you cheap bastards!

I beleive the SC10 is the same weight, height and wheel base! It's no lower than a Slash.....you can adjust ride height on both!
Old 04-17-2009, 07:54 AM   #4718
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I beleive the SC10 is the same weight, height and wheel base! It's no lower than a Slash.....you can adjust ride height on both! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your opinion, but the 2 are like a Cup car vs.F1 on a road course! No need to stir the pot when you dont nor will ever have a dog in the fight!lol We need the guys who run slash to show up, let alone worry about who may bring a SC10!
Old 04-17-2009, 07:55 AM   #4719
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does Brad have some inside info? I'm referring to the Chuck buggy pool.

I'll give the slash people benefit of the doubt for last week being a holiday.
maya butreax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #4720
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Chuck is going to show up with a Jammin! Haha!
killerX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #4721
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerX2 View Post
Chuck is going to show up with a Jammin! Haha!
If you cant beat em.........
Old 04-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #4722
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE View Post
I beleive the SC10 is the same weight, height and wheel base! It's no lower than a Slash.....you can adjust ride height on both! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your opinion, but the 2 are like a Cup car vs.F1 on a road course! No need to stir the pot when you dont nor will ever have a dog in the fight!lol We need the guys who run slash to show up, let alone worry about who may bring a SC10!
I wouldn't be to quick to bet I won't buy a SC10! I like to stir the pot all the time that's just me! And how do you know it would be like racing a cup car vs a F1? Have you seen or raced against one yet?? I agree, hopefully we get a better turnout this weekend!
Old 04-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #4723
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
If you cant beat em.........
FOR GOD SAKE DON'T JOIN 'EM YOU'D BE WORSE OFF!
Old 04-17-2009, 04:25 PM   #4724
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
Please post the link from HT here and I will post updated info as regulary as I can! Thank you!
This is the link I posted on, but perhaps you could start one just for Altoona Raceway under off-road tracks if you or somebody else has the time to keep it updated. There is a lot of traffic on there. Some of the guys that have been McCullough's regulars have been racing in eastern Ohio a lot this past winter. It would be nice to get them to come east to Altoona if you could.
Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #4725
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I don't have one, but the SC10's are a pretty nice design. Yes, basically a T-4 with bumpers, but, they are no more competitive than a Slash. In the open CORR/Short Course class a Slash hangs right with them. The only problem lies in what to do with the SC10 and others to make them equal in a ''Spec Class". Yes, ROAR has quickly stepped up to the plate and established a set of rules for "stock" S.C. trucks, but it pretty much puts an end to the spec Slash class, which is not good for all the new comers to the sport. Who wants to tell them they will now have to buy a brushless setup to remain competitive? And can a track really afford to split up the class into two smaller ones. Not really, that's boring anyway! It will be interesting to see what all the different tracks are going to do??? Good luck Chuck and Doug!!!
Richards is offline   Reply With Quote