R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 04-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #4696
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya butreax View Post
So, right now, it would be hypocritical to pick on Ed for enjoying carpet racing... not looking to offend
As Gixxerman would say....touche! I was just joking though, hence the gay little

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
At least our turnout's would improve!
Well, I wasnt even sure Saturday was gonna happen with all the rain. Maybe the weather......
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #4697
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

First of all:
The fastest way around the track is not to use the berm or banked turn as you call it. I dont recall CR (the winner) ever using it and a review of my results confirmed that when I tried the double and using the berm my lap times were slower. But, it was fun to try it.

Second of all:
Carpet racing rocks. I wish more people locally got into pan cars.

Third of all:
The opening day turnout was a little light. But thats because a lot of the guys who frequent the track are from out of town, and its a tough call to make a long road trip when the conditions are unknown.

Let's hope Saturday is better.

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:06 PM   #4698
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
First of all:
The fastest way around the track is not to use the berm or banked turn as you call it. I dont recall CR (the winner) ever using it and a review of my results confirmed that when I tried the double and using the berm my lap times were slower. But, it was fun to try it.
Be open minded a bit...... You see Doug runnin? Triple to berm was very common for him. His engine is a beast! I tripled once on the last lap to try to catch CR, the whole race I was being conservative. My engine is not a power house making the triple a bit challenging compared to other motors. I didnt see the main times, but I believe the only lap of the day turned in the 26's was the trip to berm line. Options and different stuff are good. We can plow it, make it bigger whatever. White bread tracks are boring. Lets build more crazy ish!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #4699
Tech Master

Being open minded has nothing to do with it! Its about racing and finding the fastest way around the track!

And I'm not against using it. Maybe when the track is dryer and there's less traction using the berm might be the fasest way around.

And its a little controversial, which I think is a good thing. Anyone reading this: feel free to come out and try it and cast a vote!

Old 04-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #4700
Tech Elite

Open minded has a lot to do with it. You said YOUR times were slower and CR didnt use it. Now take into account ballistic motors like Dougs and Keiths. And my 26 lap. So it may mean for you that a line is slower, does not necessarily ring true for others. It was in fact faster for me, but less consistent. All in good fun Ed. Just want to make the track as good as possible.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #4701
Tech Master

The best part is that we all had very different buggies, motors and tires, but the lap times were extremely close.

It's going to be interesting to see how the lap times and results evolve over the next few weeks.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #4702
Tech Elite

Indeed! You know Doug and Chuck will be coming back with a vengeance. Brad came up strong at the end of last year by switching to the more traditional buggy. Then Sam and Mitch hopefully..... Things will get heated
Old 04-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #4703
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think that any good track has to have parts that put drivers out of their comfort zone. Guys that are really good at rhythm may not be as good at twisties. People that are really good at twisties may not like jumping triples. I think we have some good variety that plays to both strenths and weaknesses. That will make you a better driver. And more interesting.

The nice part is that the whole track puts me out of my comfort zone so I am all set!

-Keith
killerX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #4704
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
Indeed! You know Doug and Chuck will be coming back with a vengeance. Brad came up strong at the end of last year by switching to the more traditional buggy. Then Sam and Mitch hopefully..... Things will get heated
Oh yeah and thanks for not including me, ya bastard!
killerX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:55 AM   #4705
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

i kinda like a track that has more than one option for a line...gets kinda boring when you go straight...turn slight right...hitt up a little double..turn left...hit a big jump and then start over....

like the motorama tack was sweet...very difficult to drve but very fun to frive at the sametime...like keith said...some peeps are goog at one thing and might not be so good at another.....i havent seen the track layout yet...but i kno that when i used to run local here...they had banked burms and different lines to chose from...some were better for smaller cars...some were better for the bigger cars....i dont know...i dont want to get somebody upset...but its just my 02..

maybe looking at coming there thursday for some practice.i dont want to get my but handed to me to bad on saterday....lol
Old 04-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #4706
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey guys. Has there been any Mod Truck interest? Any Electric classes for that matter? Thanks.
Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #4707
Tech Master

The most popular electric class right now, by far, is the stock Slash / SC10 class.

I think I'm the only regular left who still has a Mod Truck, so, unless you can bring 2-3 guys with you, there probably wont be enough to make a class.

A few of us still have Mod 4wd Buggies so thats a possiblity if you have one.

If you (or anybody else for that matter) want to run anthing 1/10 scale post a roll call here and I'll try to get mine ready. We might end up in Motorstorm, but at least there will be another like kind vehicle out there on the track with you.

I ran my Gas Truck a few times last year in Motorama and it was still fun.

The current track layout is very 1/10 scale friendly.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:48 PM   #4708
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ok. Thanks for the info Ed. A couple guys have been asking on other forums. I posted some info on HobbyTalk, as much as I knew anyway. I would like to race with you all this summer but my summer racing is kind of hard to plan with my work schedule. Plus, I'm electric only, so that limits me even more.
Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:36 AM   #4709
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm going to have a mod truck ready sometime soon. Probably won't be untill May. Team Losi again.
maya butreax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #4710
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a T-Maxx as do a few other people around my neighberhood so I'm sure we can get something togeter soon.
jlharing99 is offline   Reply With Quote