Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default you've got mail

Originally Posted by sdsslippy
hey everyone this is shawn shipley im lookin to sell some of my electric stuff i got a mrc superbrain 989 charger it will charge anything u want lipos,nimh never had a problem with it lookin to get 50 for it also have novak gtb and 13.5 combo will not sell seperate this is the non spectrum asking 80 for that if i have anything else ill put it up
Thanks
Shawn
gimmie a call.

Isaac
Old 04-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Chuck said there wasnt much rain on Friday, so the track should be perfect for tomorrows kick off race! Come check it out!
Old 04-11-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Just talked to Douglas......despite the rain this morning the outdoor season opener is still set to start at aprox. 3:30pm! Let's get it on!!!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The weather is good and the track is ready. Racing is definitely going on!

Grab your stuff and head over!

-Keith
Old 04-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I wasnt so sure about the current track design before we started qualifying today (and I'm still not sure about Stobers banked turn) but the results speak for themselves: tight qualifying and even tighter results.

If you like racing the guy next to you more than you like racing the track, this is the track for you.

The 1/8 Buggy A Main was an awesome race today. It was a rediculous 15 minute 3 car nearly nose to tail battle of car control. Stober controlled the race until the last lap, but, Congrads to CR for the late charge and win (despite the detonating clutch bell bearings in his Mugen)

I havent had that much fun in a 1/8 buggy race in a long, long time.

Last edited by Ed237; 04-12-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
I wasnt so sure about the current track design before we started qualifying today. And I'm still not sure about Stobers banked turn. But, the results speak for themselves: tight qualifying and even tighter results.

If you like racing the guy next to you more than you like racing the track, this is the track for you.

The 1/8 Buggy A Main was an awesome race today. It was a rediculous 15 minute 3 car nearly nose to tail battle of car control. Stober controlled the race until the last lap, but, Congrads to CR for the late charge and win (despite the detonating clutch bell bearings in his Mugen)

I havent had that much fun in a 1/8 buggy race in a long, long time.
ed,
i was talking to stober on the phone ad he was telling me about the main...man i wasnt even there and i was stoked.wished i had came and raced today.been wrenching on the buggy for the past 2 hours.i needed a set of clutch bell bearings.luckily boyles had some used ones..still need to get new ones though...anyways i will be there for the next race,and im so lookn forward to racing with you guys again.

lata
Old 04-12-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

I had so much fun at the race! I got first (from the bottom) and couldn't have been happier! The buggy main was intense! I don't know CR as well as I would like, but he displayed what I consider the essence of RC to me. He and tom were battling and Tom crashed. CR then waited for Tom and continued their battle edging him out for the win. It is awesome to see someone with such great sportsmanship! I made sure my son saw what a great attitude he had and that the battling is the fun, not the win. My hats off to him!

Ed had a great race too! You were killing it buddy! All you have to do is figure out how to barrel around the berm!

Can't wait for next week! Hopefully my engine will be completely broken in, but then I wouldn't have an excuse for losing! haha!

-Keith
(aka first from the bottom)
Old 04-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

First race day was great-here is my recap......

Matt made his 1/8 debut with a bad ass classic Losi paint job from years past but had some reciever pack trouble

Keith is back from a 2 year rc lay off with his X2/RB. His passion is back, so he will be fast soon!

Jude won the b main. Looked great!

1/8 main-damn! CR took the lead and win with less than a minute to go! After I made a solo mistake, he waited and let me regain the lead so he could dice it out with me and take the win on pure talent-which he did! So I guess he passed me twice in the end giving him the decisive victory!

I got 2nd, amazed at how well I felt. Still shaking my carpet out

Ed got 3rd, maybe just 10-20 feet behind me after 15 minutes! He hung the whole time! Super clean driving! As for
Originally Posted by Ed237
. And I'm still not sure about Stobers banked turn.
Its called a berm Ed Nothing crazy. This is my 4th season at Altoona, and for the first time I can remember there is now an optional line. Dont look at other tracks on the internet if this bothers you-you will crap your pants

4th went to the Mugen army general, Doug. Not sure what his pace was. I'm sure he'll be back to the top after a race or two.

5th went to Chuck. Out of my periferal vision during the main, I saw a stool flying and then some rc gear launched in the air.

It was a good day.Classic Altoona action
Old 04-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK, my 2 cents:

The track turned out very well, it's fun to drive. The berm is pretty cool, it adds to the track. Generally speaking, people are too picky about their particular track. Even Ed's dream flat, dirt, roadcourse might be cool If really needed, obstacles can be fixed, things can be changed. It's cool to marshal and not know who's winning because everyone running quick laps. Congrats to CR. Thanks for the complements on the paint job (and thanks Gil Losi Jr. and the seminal Team Losi people). See everybody next weekend. Big slash race this week!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Rookie

charger is sold still have the gtb and 13.5 for 80 if anyone is interested
Old 04-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by maya butreax
obstacles can be fixed, things can be changed.
EXACTLY! Be open minded, BE POSITIVE, accept change as a good thing
Old 04-13-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
EXACTLY! Be open minded, BE POSITIVE, accept change as a good thing
Let's make the berm bigger! Haha!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Ed was talking about covering the whole track in carpet and removing all the jumps
Old 04-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Shawn Shipley, I'd like to buy the GTB/13.5

So, right now, it would be hypocritical to pick on Ed for enjoying carpet racing... not looking to offend
Old 04-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rallyebmx

Ed was talking about covering the whole track in carpet and removing all the jumps
At least our turnout's would improve!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.