R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2007, 09:01 PM   #451
Tech Addict
 
jac9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 515
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default gearing

Anyone have a starting point for gearing a T4 with a stock motor.
I'll be out for the GRAND OPENING of the HARDING RACEWAY.

I'm going to bring the T4. And maybe the Nitro EDM. The T4 is ready but the EDM is not yet.

See you guys tommorrow.

Jeff
jac9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:39 PM   #452
Tech Elite
 
d4man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,634
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac9 View Post
Anyone have a starting point for gearing a T4 with a stock motor.
I'll be out for the GRAND OPENING of the HARDING RACEWAY.

I'm going to bring the T4. And maybe the Nitro EDM. The T4 is ready but the EDM is not yet.

See you guys tommorrow.

Jeff

Oval? Offorad Road Course? If off-road, go with an 18-19
__________________
The greatest trick the devil pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist...
I always thought I had a pretty good imagination, but it turned out to be just my imagination.
------
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:53 PM   #453
Tech Apprentice
 
Lux Graphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 53
Default

Can't wait to hear how Saxton Dirt Oval went! Post pix please

-Chris
www.luxgraphics.com
Lux Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:00 PM   #454
Tech Regular
 
fastestcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 487
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Harding Raceway Inc

looks like this thing will be a go.... another 20 ton of perfect clay coming this week to add some slight banking and finish... anyone ionterested should talk to Cisney about tires and such.. we have dirt oval truck tires coming... stock motors... looks like Trucks and TT01 are where its at on oval... will try and get a few pics ...
fastestcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:50 PM   #455
Tech Master
 
Ed237's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dudley PA
Posts: 1,431
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I wish I could have made it down to see the new oval but I couldnt get away today. If there are TT01s are involved, I'll be down to check it out for sure!
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:49 AM   #456
Tech Addict
 
NeverATiteLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gallitzin, PA
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Default oval

did anyone run anything nitro on the oval?? Sounds like a blast, im thinking EDM's, Late Models, Sprints, could get interesting
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #457
Tech Regular
 
pipester's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Altoona , PA
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Greg , make sure nitro house dosen't rip ya twice !! I finally got my stuff the other day , checked my bank statement today and found they charged me twice . the guy said because it was sent back to them (because they screwed up the adress) the person that sent it back out charged it again too . For that they get eight flaming heads !!!
pipester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:53 PM   #458
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Altoona, Pa
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Pit Man

Does anyone want to spend three days at McCullough's this coming weekend and be my Pit Biiiaaatttccchhh. You supply your own food, beverage, and entertainment for the long days, I will be sooo nice and supply you with three days of transportation!!! Just Kidding!!!

Sam, I weighed my car and the radio side is a little over an 1 oz. heavier, is that true. That is with an 1100 battery an fuel. I tried a 2500 AA and it was something like 1.4 oz. heavier than an 1100. I am going to try .75 oz on the exhaust side on Friday to see the handling. I don't think my car or me could have been much better the last time I was down there.

C.R.
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #459
Tech Adept
 
iCeNuTz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 224
Default

Wo, eight flaming heads, you must be pi$$ed!!

I called Nitrohouse last week to see where my order was and they told me the did not ship because my credit card number is invalid. So, I gave them the right one and he told me my crap would ship out that day. Guess what??? I got a call from them today saying my credit card is invalid and I need to call them. What the????

I will call them tomorrow and who knows they may be getting eight flaming heads from me!

iCeNuTz
__________________
I like chili
iCeNuTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:58 PM   #460
Tech Elite
 
d4man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,634
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

CR, on Friday would you mind spending 10 minutes showing me how you balance 1/10 scale tires. I have the same balancer as you and modeling clay ready to go
__________________
The greatest trick the devil pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist...
I always thought I had a pretty good imagination, but it turned out to be just my imagination.
------
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #461
Tech Adept
 
jallshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Pennsylvainia
Posts: 222
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jallshouse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCeNuTz View Post
Wo, eight flaming heads, you must be pi$$ed!!

I called Nitrohouse last week to see where my order was and they told me the did not ship because my credit card number is invalid. So, I gave them the right one and he told me my crap would ship out that day. Guess what??? I got a call from them today saying my credit card is invalid and I need to call them. What the????

I will call them tomorrow and who knows they may be getting eight flaming heads from me!

iCeNuTz
The sad part about nitrohouse is that is Ofna's retail center, it is owned and operated by Ofna. I have had my run-ins with them in the past and it dosent get much better...here is a flamin head from me
jallshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #462
Tech Adept
 
jallshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Pennsylvainia
Posts: 222
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jallshouse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovell View Post
Does anyone want to spend three days at McCullough's this coming weekend and be my Pit Biiiaaatttccchhh. You supply your own food, beverage, and entertainment for the long days, I will be sooo nice and supply you with three days of transportation!!! Just Kidding!!!

Sam, I weighed my car and the radio side is a little over an 1 oz. heavier, is that true. That is with an 1100 battery an fuel. I tried a 2500 AA and it was something like 1.4 oz. heavier than an 1100. I am going to try .75 oz on the exhaust side on Friday to see the handling. I don't think my car or me could have been much better the last time I was down there.

C.R.
Not sure if you seen the posts on here in the 8ight thread but i see alot of guys are running LiPo's just to even out the weight from side to side
jallshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:14 PM   #463
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Altoona, Pa
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Dave, I will leave work at 12:00 and come straight to the track and I should get there around 3:30. I think I could spare may-be 4 minutes of my valuable time to assist you with just a slight fee! May-be you could get me a set of Double D's for my scale! Not a problem Dave.

C.R.
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:17 PM   #464
Tech Elite
 
d4man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,634
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovell View Post
Dave, I will leave work at 12:00 and come straight to the track and I should get there around 3:30. I think I could spare may-be 4 minutes of my valuable time to assist you with just a slight fee! May-be you could get me a set of Double D's for my scale! Not a problem Dave.

C.R.
OK, Ridgeway and I will be leaving around 4 so we'll be cutting it close

If not Friday, I'll see you Saturday. Good luck in Scale........You're gonna need it
__________________
The greatest trick the devil pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist...
I always thought I had a pretty good imagination, but it turned out to be just my imagination.
------
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:20 PM   #465
Tech Regular
 
KARO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 330
Default

CR - My rear is pretty even from left to right but the front is about an oz different. That's with no fuel in the buggy and a 1400mah pack so I'd say it's pretty balanced after fuel. I was curious and just checked it with four 5lb kitchen scales about an hour ago.
KARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALTOONA RACEWAY 1/10 SCALE ELECTRIC TROPHY RACE gixxerman Racing Forum 2 08-13-2008 03:17 PM
R/C Pilots Welsome at the Altoona Raceway - Altoona, PA Reznor88 RC Flight 0 01-14-2008 06:11 PM
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING AT THE ALTOONA RACEWAY - ALTOONA, PA Reznor88 Racing Forum 1 01-14-2008 06:10 PM
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING AT THE ALTOONA RACEWAY - ALTOONA, PA Reznor88 Electric On-Road 0 01-06-2008 05:27 PM
altoona raceway morris Racing Forum 0 05-26-2007 09:13 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:31 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net