R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 11-06-2008, 03:42 PM   #4081
Tech Apprentice

Default time

ill be there 130 probally not later i get out of work at 11 and its a 2 hour drive i will just have to change and im off
tedd_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:37 PM   #4082
Tech Adept

Default JRXS TYPE R

HEY do any of you losi guys have a part # LOSA6054 it is a ball end female threaded that is used for camber link to shock tower only need one ball nut i guess i could call it thanks.Nathan
Old 11-06-2008, 06:37 PM   #4083
Tech Master

Ted do you still want the digital discharger?
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #4084
Tech Apprentice

Default not now

im buying a tc sat so i dont have much room for anything else right now thanks though but bring it because i am an impulse buyer if you wanted i do have a 6.5 novak if your interested i ran it in my buggy last week i bought it new and didnt run it much because it was to much for my mf2
Old 11-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #4085
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ted (and anyone else starting out in touring cars):

Take a safe line and avoid sudden throttle/brake inputs while mainting as much speed as you can.

It takes time to feel comfortable driving a touring car because they steer as much with throttle as they do with the steering wheel.

If your car is horrible and you cant drive it all without wrecking there is either something wrong with it or you need to work on the set up.

I usually have a chasis set up guide at my pit table if you need help making adjustments.

I was hoping to be there at 2 on Saturday, but, as it looks now, I wont be there until 3-3:30

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:39 PM   #4086
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedd_rc View Post
i never ran tc but i have ran offroad 2wd and 4wd my skills are not to be desired but i have had improvment since i started 2 summers ago does anyone have any tips on driving cornering a tc i know slower is faster but is there any technique or something you keep in the back of your mind when you drive that could help me not be in the tubes this sat when i race my first tc race
Ted, I just got my TC last week, and Saturday is going to be my first ever TC race also. Those guys are really tearing it up w/11 and sub 11 sec laps. Rather then get in their way I think I am going to opt. to run the the TC sport class for my first race, actually I am prob gonna run the sport class until I get the car set up the way i like it and can run pretty consistently in the 11 sec range. I love to watch the close racing in TC and I would hate to pipe someone in the pro class...i wouldn't feel AS BAD in the sport class as it is the class for TC beginners.......just something u might wanna think about
Old 11-07-2008, 02:31 AM   #4087
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

tedd,
ed is right with what he said.tc can be way more hook-ed-up than any offroad car i have ever driven....this is the way i look at it..when you turn hard you lose speed.in in my head when im wheeling i try to make the car turn less in which should maintain more speed.i picture myself in a go cart...try to drive that line as if....

as for what brent said...if ya havent driven tc before..well you might want to consider that sportsman class.only because they do take a little time to get used to....you will c what i meen...

lata,
matt
Old 11-07-2008, 02:46 AM   #4088
Tech Apprentice

Default thanx ed

im not even setting the car up im cheating and leting a pro take that honer so im able to race sat and dont have to worry about the build although i do enjoy building anyways i guess it all relies on me ill try to be smooth
Old 11-07-2008, 02:48 AM   #4089
Tech Apprentice

Default sportsman

is the sportsman mostly younger kids or are there adults in it also nothing wrong with the kids they drive great i just want to stick with my age if there are adults ill race in it
Old 11-07-2008, 08:50 AM   #4090
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Tedd, The sportsmans might be the best for you to start out. You can run some laps and get the feel without worring about geting in someones way or making some inadvertent contact.

But sportsmans is not really a hackfest. All the youg guys did a great job last weekend. Most of them were running 16-18 second laps.

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:55 PM   #4091
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedd_rc View Post
is the sportsman mostly younger kids or are there adults in it also nothing wrong with the kids they drive great i just want to stick with my age if there are adults ill race in it
Ted, I am 32 and racing in sportsman so I would hope I am not a kid....but I still might be too old for your age range. Like I said, I would rather run w/kids and get used to it and get consistent rather then run with the fast guys and cost someone a race.

Also, speaking form experience, even though a pro might have set up your car, that dosent necessarily mean that the car is going to be on rails, everyone drives differently and that has a big effect on the car, and almost every tracks surface (carpet) is a lil different so what works on one track dosent mean it will work on the next.

Anyway, just letting u know basically that sportsman is not just for kids, it is a building block for future TC pro's
Old 11-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #4092
Tech Apprentice

Default yeah

yeah your right i didnt mean anything about the kids i thought they were great my problem is i jump into things thinking i can just do them and then after find out i need practice instead of practice before jumping in its not a actual pro that built my car but he is experienced and i trust his setup
Old 11-07-2008, 04:26 PM   #4093
Tech Master

I'll have to agree with everyone on this topic. Touring cars are very sensitive to driver input and are a treat to learn to drive. Throttle controll and steering input are two of the bigger ones at stake. But once you learn to drive one there are a blast!! Go with the sportsman for a couple of weeks until you feel confident you can drive smooth and be able to cleanly get out of the way of a faster car/driver and above all learn how not to be a hack! Otherwise you'll end up with broken stuff. There are a couple of people.....2 come to mind, that would rather hack you out of the way and break your stuff than give you the time and track needed to get out of the way! Also the "PRO" who set your TC-5 up, set it up for HIS driving style. Set-ups and driving style's will differ from driver to driver. For example..... I tried Doug's tc last year which was fast-as-ass and on rails........for him. I could not drive it anywhere close to what he did.

On the other hand I would like to issue a public appology for stepping on Nathan's car last Saturday!!!! I hope you were able to get everything back to race........if you have not you are more than welcome to run mine!

On the foot.....TRS Racers, please be aware that you must Marshall after your race. If you can't ask someone to go in your place! There should be NO coaxing or asking over and over again! Bottom line you race, you marshall then work on your car! Marshalling for the most part has been good by all and those who choose to go back to your table and sit or wait to be asked know who you are!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:33 PM   #4094
Tech Adept

Tedd i am definately not one of the fast guys and im still learning tc but i will tell you the chances of sitting the car on the track and running a even 12 seacond lap will not happen your car may be set up to a team spec setup but the carpet isnt all the same also everyone as brent said drives diffrent you will probably compound your tires diffrent my advice is this ask someone to time your laps if you can run consistent 12 sec 13sec laps try pro if you dont have many accidents you will be ok will warn you some guys are in the 10sec area if you are beyond 13 sec laps take the weekend learn about your car tweek and see what you can do in the sport class eithier way will be a blast good luck.Nathan
Old 11-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #4095
Tech Adept

got it all back together except need a ball stud