Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default nmhd

yah ive been researching nmhd a little online and i can see i made a mistake buy them used i should of just got lipo i only ever used lipo beforethat what i should of stuck with wellwhat ive got willhave to do for a little while though
Old 10-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

all you guys had an awesome last day of racing outside in altoona.
although i just had my typical bad day as usuall....it was fun watching some intense racing there today.
i can actually and will always remember that this was the first time ever since i raced r/c that io havent finished 1 a or b or if they would of have them c mains.hopefully indoor will treat me better.although i dont know when i will be doing that either...no tc right now.but have fun with it guys...i will be back sometime to race.

stober,
man you so deserved that main.running out of fuel the last 10 feet before crossing the finish line sucks.....damn

jude,
i thank you much for the servo help.it was greatly appreciated.

have fun racing tc guys...
Old 10-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Morris/boyles, it was a great summer and Its awesome to see you and Jeff get into some 1/8th action at the end. All is good!

Morris, you are smoking in TC, you have to be kidding me, work some magic and get your ass down here!!!! I have a novak 13.5 you can use, there's a start!

B. Daugherty, sorry you had a bad day, i know you popped a ball stud and a got a long marshal in the last race. It happens to everyone from time to time, carpet racing will be a blast again this year, hope to see you there. P.S. i need to catch up with you for the spur gear

Stober - super fast especially the second half of the year!!! Awesome racing,

Brad - TEAM MUGEN BABY!!!!

Everyone - great season and a huge thankyou to everyone for all of you help, we couldn't make a show every week without all of your support!!!! Nice job guys, can't wait for carpet wars to begin. lets get it on!

Brian McMullen, I hope your healing is fast!!!!

Ed, Trav, Dan, everyone who has already been a huge help getting carpet racing underway!! THANKS!!!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

That main today was hands down the most fun race I have ever been in! I diced with Brad for a bunch of laps, then Chuck for a bunch of laps, then finally Doug for a bunch of laps. Sick.

Chuck and Doug-big thanks for giving us a scene for rc racing!

Dont put your 1/8's away yet. Trains n lanes here we come
Old 10-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

interested in racing here. I have no cars or anything. What classes would be good to start rookies in? We do however have a slash from traxxas.
Please Advise, also is there an age limit on classes?
Team2C: Today was the last off road event at the outdoor track for 2008. The indoor carpet track officially opens Saturday 10/18. Racing starts at 4 but its best to arrive 1 or 2 hour earlier for practice.

Chuck and Doug allways try offer a run what brung kind of class. If thats not being run that day they will find a class for you to run in. This winter we will be trying to start a class for offroad cars so bring your Slash to the track.

If your still not sure, the best thing to do is get to the track and watch some races and feel free to ask questions.

Here is a link to the website and classes:

http://sites.google.com/site/altoona...g-general-info
Old 10-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

It seems like the outdoor season just started and now its over already. After watching the action and dramatic finnish in the 1/8 main today, I have to admit Tom, was right; I pulled out too early!

Stober - You've been wicked fast and consistant and you were definately the guy to beat the last half of the season.

Congrats - You just put a bullseye on your back! I know I'm not the only one who wants another shot at you next year.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Man Ed, that main would have been that much better if you were in there! Clean tight racing from everyone! All similar levels. Sooooo much fun
Old 10-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by thewholeyearinn
Morris/boyles, it was a great summer and Its awesome to see you and Jeff get into some 1/8th action at the end. All is good!

Morris, you are smoking in TC, you have to be kidding me, work some magic and get your ass down here!!!! I have a novak 13.5 you can use, there's a start!

B. Daugherty, sorry you had a bad day, i know you popped a ball stud and a got a long marshal in the last race. It happens to everyone from time to time, carpet racing will be a blast again this year, hope to see you there. P.S. i need to catch up with you for the spur gear

Stober - super fast especially the second half of the year!!! Awesome racing,

Brad - TEAM MUGEN BABY!!!!

Everyone - great season and a huge thankyou to everyone for all of you help, we couldn't make a show every week without all of your support!!!! Nice job guys, can't wait for carpet wars to begin. lets get it on!

Brian McMullen, I hope your healing is fast!!!!

Ed, Trav, Dan, everyone who has already been a huge help getting carpet racing underway!! THANKS!!!!!
i want to race tc so badly...man they are a blast.i do have a esc and a 13.5 motor.i just dont have the tc
if ya can hook me up somehow that way i would be down....lol
is mcghee running this winter.....?
Old 10-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default TC

Matt -

Stritty has a JRXS R that he might sell.

Brad saw that cool Brandon dude over the weekend. He is selling and moving out of town. Unfortunatley nobody has is number. If he stops by the track we will put him in touch.

Buggy racing was sooooooo good this year and even better the last 6 weeks.....The track really came in at the end of the year, it was taking rubber - so sweet! I know I'm not the only one already prepping for the first battle in April!

Anyone out there..... we have nice used 1/8 buggies for sale, we will set anyone up with a good deal for anyone who wants to race.

Losi 8ight
AE RC8
Mugen MBX 5R
Mabye More

Just Ask!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

The indoor carpet track is ready to go.

The current layout is better than any of last years tracks and slightly more technical.The corner dot 'sleds' from last year have been replaced with some very forgiving flex pipe. I am pleased to report that with a little heat and Trinity Death Grip Rubber traction coumpound the Spec Jaco Green Touring car tires really hook up. And the new 5 spoke rims are a tremendous improvement over the old dish wheels.

The oval is 'D' shaped. Approximately 30' wide by 60' long.

The jumps for the off road classes have not been constructed -yet. It would be nice to have them for opening day, but, I took a few laps with my BJ4 and it was hysterical even without them!

I'm looking forward to a great season.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

thats awesome..man im stoked already and i dont even have anything yet.although . just found a mrc academy pro411 for sale.actually reigle has it.and for the price i will be paying its a hrad one to pass up.sop im trying to hook up and have it for this weekend.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ed237
It seems like the outdoor season just started and now its over already. After watching the action and dramatic finnish in the 1/8 main today, I have to admit Tom, was right; I pulled out too early!

Stober - You've been wicked fast and consistant and you were definately the guy to beat the last half of the season.

Congrats - You just put a bullseye on your back! I know I'm not the only one who wants another shot at you next year.

I agree - with as good as the racing was at the end of the year it made the summer season seem so short. Let's remember that and be ready to get it on next year and hopefully get some new racers involved! The track and race turnout is at it's best in the spring and in the fall.....Let's remember the strides we made this year and learn from our setbacks and make next year the best yet!

I am expecting a very competitive winter season.... we really need to focus on the TT-01 classes and the new Off Road Run What Ya Brung Classes to attract new racers to the awesome group we have here in Altoona!

Ed - I too pulled out early once..... I found it very unsatisfying.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Champion

chuck,
if i have any funds left from our dealings can i get a set of those jaco greens.will need them to race.

lmk,
also those tires you have on ebay.would like to have them also.the losi ones.

matt
Old 10-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default getting ready

well my commlathe cam in today still waiting on everything else my wife had a baby yesterday a baby girl so my race team is complete now well i wont be there this sat but planning on comeing down next week like the 25 or 26th i cant wait but i have to go be ga ga goo goo with the babe now
Old 10-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Tedd - Congradulations on your new baby girl! You're making the right decision by staying home. Maybe we'll see you later this month.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.