Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

well, as per motor mouth blontz, pan car is going lipo this carpet season, and if they dont then I am running touring car because i refuse to screw around discharging and balancing and jumping thru all the hoops on the other type of batterys........soooooooooooo....i have a CASE yes a CASE full of batterys that need to get unloaded, i dont care how much i get for them, hell i will give them away i just want rid of them......there are an assortment of packs....at one pint they were all matched packs, i doubt they are now. I have some 4 cell and 6 cell packs ranging from 3800 - 4800 mah's I will have them at the track on Sat so u can pick and choose, i dont care if u take 1 or the whole case. If u want anything specific let me know and i will hold it for u if i have it....other wise it is first come first serve.....i might keep the case though
Old 07-18-2008, 08:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Morris- Sounds good, It would be nice if i could come out Saturday but I'll be working all day. Not that its bad but really wanted to come out and play. Oh well, tomorrows another day.

Is their a tip or something i should tell my sister to make it easier to find you when she gets thier? I'd like to toss ya like $10 if thats o.k, put it towards your Hub or something. Idk, but if you really don't want anything, I'll have to get back at ya with something done the road.

NeverAtiteLine- How much would you let a NiMH pack go for? One around the range of 3800-4200? If you decide you'll get rid of or sell cheaply Would it be o.k if my sister picked them up for me. I gotta work. Thanks
Old 07-18-2008, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Driftnut - I'm not sure what your schedule is, but the racing doesnt start until 4 pm Saturday and it usually takes about 3-4 hours to complete all the rounds so chances are that people will be there until 8 pm or so.

Sadly, I'm going to miss the race tomorrow so I wont be there to DNF in 1/8 scale buggy.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by driftnut
Morris- Sounds good, It would be nice if i could come out Saturday but I'll be working all day. Not that its bad but really wanted to come out and play. Oh well, tomorrows another day.

Is their a tip or something i should tell my sister to make it easier to find you when she gets thier? I'd like to toss ya like $10 if thats o.k, put it towards your Hub or something. Idk, but if you really don't want anything, I'll have to get back at ya with something done the road.

NeverAtiteLine- How much would you let a NiMH pack go for? One around the range of 3800-4200? If you decide you'll get rid of or sell cheaply Would it be o.k if my sister picked them up for me. I gotta work. Thanks
Unfortunately I fall in the same boat as Ed, I did not realize that we were not starting till 4pm so Myself and Jeremy are both out tomorrow.....Driftnut they are yours if you want them, i dont want anything for them, just want them outta my toy area they are taking up space...maybe Morris or someone with one of those hi tech chargers can take them and cycle them for you so u can get an idea of which ones are the best. I am not going to guarantee run time on them but I do know they take a good charge
Old 07-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
Driftnut - I'm not sure what your schedule is, but the racing doesnt start until 4 pm Saturday and it usually takes about 3-4 hours to complete all the rounds so chances are that people will be there until 8 pm or so.

Sadly, I'm going to miss the race tomorrow so I wont be there to DNF in 1/8 scale buggy.
ok so ed,jeremy and brent is out..

ROLL CALL FOR MOD 4WD BUGGY.....NEED TO KNOW WHETHER I SHOULD MAKE THE TRIP OR NOT..
Old 07-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
well, as per motor mouth blontz, pan car is going lipo this carpet season, and if they dont then I am running touring car because i refuse to screw around discharging and balancing and jumping thru all the hoops on the other type of batterys........soooooooooooo....i have a CASE yes a CASE full of batterys that need to get unloaded, i dont care how much i get for them, hell i will give them away i just want rid of them......there are an assortment of packs....at one pint they were all matched packs, i doubt they are now. I have some 4 cell and 6 cell packs ranging from 3800 - 4800 mah's I will have them at the track on Sat so u can pick and choose, i dont care if u take 1 or the whole case. If u want anything specific let me know and i will hold it for u if i have it....other wise it is first come first serve.....i might keep the case though
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
Unfortunately I fall in the same boat as Ed, I did not realize that we were not starting till 4pm so Myself and Jeremy are both out tomorrow.....Driftnut they are yours if you want them, i dont want anything for them, just want them outta my toy area they are taking up space...maybe Morris or someone with one of those hi tech chargers can take them and cycle them for you so u can get an idea of which ones are the best. I am not going to guarantee run time on them but I do know they take a good charge

Don't be to hasty yet NeverATiteButt........that's just a idea for now. It will be tested like we did with the brushless thing. Harding was into it the last time I talked to him and if the rest of us are and testing goes well expect to see some LiPo pan car this carpet season.

..........1 hour really makes that big of a difference?????WTF
Old 07-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Don't be to hasty yet NeverATiteButt........that's just a idea for now. It will be tested like we did with the brushless thing. Harding was into it the last time I talked to him and if the rest of us are and testing goes well expect to see some LiPo pan car this carpet season.

The Lipo idea sounds good. It sounds like this will be the year lipo takes over oval. Are you thinking 21.5 Lipo?
Old 07-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

so whats up who is all in for 4wd tomorrow...?
Old 07-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gixxerman

..........1 hour really makes that big of a difference?????WTF

Not being hasty, still have the pan car, but if pan car DON'T go Lipo then I am going touring car. Gixx, you race every class so I am sure I can beat up on you in either class
Old 07-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

morris .....ygpm
Old 07-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, ordered a B44 lastnight so I'm hoping to come back to Altoona in September. In the meantime I'll give it a good shakedown in Savannah, Ga. Hey Brian, I might need a motor.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Well Doug, you see who took the Worlds Warm up? What happened with Chuck in the main? We all started, then he was no where to be found when we were done.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Tom - I've raced at that track before and it's huge!!!!

Doug - Thank again for letting me use your old tires in the main. I replaced the carb on it at home on Sunday and it ran fine so it must have been a seal or something on that carb. I've got a rebuilt P5 in my car now so it needs broke-in...don't like breaking in engines. I just woke up saturday morning and decided to come race so I was pretty unprepared. The blown engine after three practice laps and going to the backup didn't help either.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Psyched you're back Sam! 1/8 heavy weight back in there!
Old 07-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

It appears as though AE has unfortunatley jumped on the bandwagon as well?????!?!?!?!?!?

http://www.rc411.com/pages/newsarchi...771&photo=5309

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.