R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 07-13-2008, 02:42 PM   #3541
Tech Rookie

Morris-

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
i also use nimh batts/brushed motors..

i have a choice to pick from.i might be able to help ya out there..

i also have some older batts that i don't use to much anymore...they are 3800..i could cycle them and you can try them out.Matt

I'm Not to sure what Cycle means as far as batteries go, But what kind of offer were you making? As long as they work, and have a better run time than my NiCd's, I'd toss ya a couple bucks for them. What ever you think is fair.

One question though, Do higher Mah packs offer better performance or just longer run times?
driftnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:37 PM   #3542
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftnut View Post
Morris-

I'm Not to sure what Cycle means as far as batteries go, But what kind of offer were you making? As long as they work, and have a better run time than my NiCd's, I'd toss ya a couple bucks for them. What ever you think is fair.

One question though, Do higher Mah packs offer better performance or just longer run times?
no need for the money...i will just give them to ya.i do not use them at all.they just sit in my battery box.

yes they will give you more power and longer run-time...

lmk when you will make the trip to the track and i will have to get those bats cycled for you.

cycle is when the charger will discharge/charge the battery to bring up performance of the pack...not good to do if you use them on a regular basis...but better in this case to where i have not used them in awhile.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #3543
Tech Rookie

Default Good lookin out!

Thanks man, i appreciate it but i gotta toss ya something. I gotta get shock towers, and two rear wheels which I cant afford right now. But should be coming into some funds mid week. Speaking of mid week, i might show up for the Wednesday practice if i can make it to the LHS Tuesday, but if not, I'll be showing up Saturday to try to squeeze in a couple laps b/w races if im allowed.
Hope all goes well for ya man, sounds like a similar situation to mine. Damn hobbies way to expensive.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #3544
Tech Champion

Quote:
Thanks man, i appreciate it but i gotta toss ya something. I gotta get shock towers, and two rear wheels which I cant afford right now. But should be coming into some funds mid week. Speaking of mid week, i might show up for the Wednesday practice if i can make it to the LHS Tuesday, but if not, I'll be showing up Saturday to try to squeeze in a couple laps b/w races if im allowed.
Hope all goes well for ya man, sounds like a similar situation to mine. Damn hobbies way to expensive.
no its not a biggie...i will just hook you up....ya know i most of the time have to say i dont mind spending money on the hobby...but when i dont get any decent racing in thats what pisses me off....lol

anyways i dont think im going to quit...back to the books on set-up i will try.
i have the crap midest well keep it.....

i think that im going to try and make it there sunday for some action...might be bringing a 2wd buggy with me to try out.

lmk
Old 07-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #3545
Tech Rookie

Cool deal, Saves me money that i really don't have. It'll come around back to ya. Yeah, if you came out Sunday, that would be good. Sundays are always good for Hobbies.

Why dont you get any racing action? I haven't raced yet but, Not quite sure if my Kits up too it as far as that long straight goes. I'm thinking everyone N' their brother are going to pass me. Mostly because thy have Lipo and brushless but, I'm not gonna be winning any races right away, I just gotta work on my driving skill and learning the track.

What kind of 2wd kit and Mods you have?
Old 07-14-2008, 04:09 PM   #3546
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to T. Taylor

Hey Altoona racers hows things going ??? I'm chiming in to see when the 08/09 carpet season will be starting. Me and the other TBRC guys are looking forward to getting back up there. We might even have 1.............2.........or even 3 new racers running with us. COME ON FUZZY SEASON
T. Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:05 PM   #3547
Tech Champion

Quote:
Cool deal, Saves me money that i really don't have. It'll come around back to ya. Yeah, if you came out Sunday, that would be good. Sundays are always good for Hobbies.

Why dont you get any racing action? I haven't raced yet but, Not quite sure if my Kits up too it as far as that long straight goes. I'm thinking everyone N' their brother are going to pass me. Mostly because thy have Lipo and brushless but, I'm not gonna be winning any races right away, I just gotta work on my driving skill and learning the track.

What kind of 2wd kit and Mods you have?
i meen racing action when i meen when i go out to race im competetive..and not just slipping and slding trying to tame a beast that cant be tamed...lol

as for someone running lipo and brushless dousnt make there car faster...sure will make there car run longer cause of the lipo/lower motor temps..

to be honest and i might get a kick in the but for saying it but i think i had more motor than anyone there that last sunday i was out...i just couldnt not get a hold of it....lol

i seen on the site that racing is this saterday and not sunday.....i am pretty sure that i am going to try and make it there for the race...

look me up when you get there....

matt..........................oh and im prolly getting a losi bk2 buggy...and a bk1 also.i have mod motors in turns of 9-13...
Old 07-14-2008, 05:07 PM   #3548
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Taylor View Post
Hey Altoona racers hows things going ??? I'm chiming in to see when the 08/09 carpet season will be starting. Me and the other TBRC guys are looking forward to getting back up there. We might even have 1.............2.........or even 3 new racers running with us. COME ON FUZZY SEASON
I Can't wait either....beleive me!!! Hope to see you and your crew opening day! LiPo pan car? Sounds interesting. Oval will see some track changes as well this year........with maybe a SUPER SPEEDWAY the last month of our indoor season!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #3549
Tech Master

PROFESSOR

Explain the concept of a larger rotor in a can of a brushless motor. Does it increase performance and at what stakes?
Old 07-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #3550
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggins View Post
if anyone is interested on aug 2nd at mcculloughs i am trying to get a large electric turnout for our 2wd open class and 4wd mod class last time i did this we had 12 4wd mods and 10 2wd's just giving you guys a little heads up if anyone is interested thanks
Does it have to be that specific date? I'm in as well as others at TRS but on a different date........8-2 is our ROAR Region 2 Truck Race of Champions!
Old 07-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #3551
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
PROFESSOR

Explain the concept of a larger rotor in a can of a brushless motor. Does it increase performance and at what stakes?
brad,
as much as i read the bigger roder will give more torqe/speed..i dont know much about brushless but i would imagine you would only use just a little more battery....
Old 07-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #3552
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
PROFESSOR

Brad the difference in using standard and sintered are different and also the diameter is different using sintered rotors you can use bigger pinions compared to standard sintered provides more power/more efficent/cooler temps.now the difference in larger rotors lets say 12mm vs 14mm the 12mm more rpm less torque you have to run smaller pinions the 14mm would have more torque run cooler make more power.some guys i see will run smaller in 2wd and larger in 4wd/truck. later
brian roeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:48 PM   #3553
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The only thing I can add to what Matt and Brian have said is that size does matter!

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:51 PM   #3554
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to T. Taylor

Gixxer I don't know about lipo but we will be armed with all sorts of goodies. 17.5 and 13.5 for oval and stock or 19 turn for 1/12 road cource..........if any show up this indoor season
T. Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:17 PM   #3555
Tech Rookie

Landed a Construction job today. Looks like I'll be getting parts needed tomorrow So i can show up Saturday. What time do people have to be there if they want to race?

Morris- About those Batteries, Are they Loose cells or in a pack?
Would they be able to be used Saturday, or do they need Solder, Charged, and connectors added? I have Deans plugs/Wires if thats all they need. Will i need that Cell Wrap stuff to hold them together?