R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 07-03-2008, 10:15 PM   #3481
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Oh yeah, I always forgot to ask..... Whos HPI Baja was that on the TRS site awhile ago? I think I even saw that listed as a class in the spring I'd like to see one run!
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:44 AM   #3482
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

ed,
dont pund on that head to hard...i will need your head to be clear of any pain and or dizziness for sundays race.......lol
Old 07-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #3483
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to TC3MIKE

Whats up guys, I'm up here in Altoona visiting family and I saw the track where you guys race. Are you guys racing Saturday or Sunday? I wish I had extra room in the car I would have brought my GT2 and all my gear with me to race.
TC3MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #3484
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3MIKE View Post
Whats up guys, I'm up here in Altoona visiting family and I saw the track where you guys race. Are you guys racing Saturday or Sunday? I wish I had extra room in the car I would have brought my GT2 and all my gear with me to race.
hello,
they usually race on sundays...but they do throw in a sterday in once in ahile.gas truck has been not a good class to race this summer.but there is a couple guys who have them including myself.although if you happened to show up im sure they could throw you in another class.

if you need anymore info go to www.altoonaraceway.com

hope this helps.

matt
Old 07-04-2008, 08:24 PM   #3485
Tech Regular

What time does the hobbyshop open on Saturday? I need some fuel and a glow igniter. Accidently sold my trinity one with my 8ight buggy and truggy.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #3486
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3MIKE View Post
What time does the hobbyshop open on Saturday? I need some fuel and a glow igniter. Accidently sold my trinity one with my 8ight buggy and truggy.
best thing to do would be to call chuck meyers at 814-207-0997

he would be able to tell ya the info.....i know they have a hobby shop at the in-door track...but i think he carries everything in toats in the summer...
Old 07-05-2008, 05:30 AM   #3487
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks for the help. Looking forward to racing with you guys soon.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:02 AM   #3488
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Mike, A few of us still have gas trucks (I also have a GT2).

Just post something here when you plan to race and we'll try to get a class together.

The track is very 1/10 scale friendly after the most recent track change.

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:19 PM   #3489
Tech Adept

RENO RULES THE EUROS!

Mugen Destroys the competition in Crete, North Carolina is next!!!

MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN
Old 07-05-2008, 09:38 PM   #3490
Tech Champion

well im going to make the trip out for some racing tomorrow.bringing the family with.
still wrenching on the car as of right now.but heading to bed to get some sleep.will get up early and finish a couple things on it.

talk to ya all when i get there.

hopefully there will be some really good 4wd racing.....
Old 07-06-2008, 03:23 PM   #3491
Tech Champion

after some thinking and with everything else going on in my life....im going to take a break from r/c.
i dont know how long but i know im frustrated with the cost of just traveling let alone the cost of keeping the r/c in good shape.

so if any of you want anything i have lmk.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #3492
Tech Master

Morris, that sucks dude......we've all been there,for the exception of the travel thing. I think some of us take for granted sometimes that we have a track right in our back yard! I probably would not race but once a month if I had to drive a distance! Hope things go better for you!

TC3MIKE--nice to meet you and THANK YOU for sticking around to marshall! Make sure you have something to race when your around again!

Stobey and Fast Ed-- man you guys are on fire right now...Stobey in the 26's and both of you a threat at any time!

Roeder--thanks for the hook up! It's always a good time when your a part of the race day!

IcE--WTF? MIA?!?!?!?!?! Call me I have some info for you!

Mugenator--WILL ANYONE BEAT HIM? Roeder ran the fastest lap of the track--26.595--with his mod buggy then Mr. Mugen answered back with a blistering--26.431--!!!!!!!!

Last edited by gixxerman; 07-06-2008 at 07:39 PM.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:08 PM   #3493
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Matt, I've been in a similar rut with 1/8 Scale all year. We push RC cars to their limits and beyond and sometimes they push back.

If/when you come back, make sure you have tires that can hook up. I think that was 90% of your issues today.

Congrats to Doug in 1/8 Scale and Roeder in 4wd Mod. They have a pretty intense battle for fast laps of the day going on.

The TRS guys are taking a well deserved break/vacation from RC so there is no racing next weekend.

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:32 PM   #3494
Tech Elite

1/8 was insane today I blew it in the main. When you do good in prelims and blow it in finals, thats called...big balls, little dick I'm new to the quality tire scene. I'm narrowing my choices now......(blue, M3, medium soft) WTF? cant we just all get along? See you mf'ers in a couple of weeks

Last edited by rallyebmx; 07-06-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:20 AM   #3495
Tech Elite

Got some inside info on the nitro shortage situation from the owner of S&W fuel here in PA. He said to expect the shortage to be lessened as early as August, but doubts that the prices will go back to normal. He said the cost of transport has gone up considerably, due to real fuel prices, homeland security, etc. So.... no worries, $6 more a gallon aint too bad. My half gallon a day binge will continue!!!!!!