Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

brent,
did ya get the mf2 yet.?
Old 06-14-2008, 08:55 PM   #3392
Tech Champion

roeder,
what up...?

mills be looking to coming to altoona soon...?

i talked to him awhile ago and he said he would be getting ahold of you to hook up for an altoona run.....
Old 06-15-2008, 06:36 PM   #3393
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
brent,
did ya get the mf2 yet.?

Yea, I got it the other day. Its a sweet ride has a modified back shock tower to mount a crt.5 wing and wing mount on it.....looks sweet like that almost like a 10th scale truggy. Anyhow, since I couldn't race sunday I decided to make the trip to huntingdon on Saturday.....and they almost have the dirt oval all built and ar talking about running sprints and late model classes so i am going to hold on the the mf2 and see if there is some type of conversion to make it a dirt oval, or if that dont work out I am prob just going to buy a custom works electric sprint car to run....thats what I have always wanted to do anyway. Either way I will let you know! I was pretty impressed w/the turn out down there, even though it was a lot of monster trucks and truggys there was enough for a 4wd mod class. It was a pretty good day even if we did spend some of the day dodging rain drops!!
Old 06-15-2008, 08:08 PM   #3394
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Brent - Good luck with dirt oval.

The turnout has been down in Altoona the last few weeks but Mod 4wd is starting to pick back up. Jude got a B44 and Brian D. is working on getting one together. If/when Morris and Boyles get going again we could have some very competitve mains.

Chuck and Doug had a photo finnish in 1/8 Buggy today. Stober was solid as usual and Jude finnished a Main for the first time in a month.

I was on the verge of selling my RC8 but I'm going to give it a couple more weekends. That thing hasnt been right since day one. I thought it was the motor, but I noticed air bubbles in the feul lines today and that probably means that I got one of the defective fuel tanks.

AE has new tanks made of new materials, but, they're not in stock yet so now I have to call them and beg them to send me a new one.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:16 PM   #3395
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

happy fathers day to all the racing dads !!!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:40 AM   #3396
Tech Elite

Madman Brent, has Bill Kibbler been racing at Huntington??
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #3397
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4man View Post
Madman Brent, has Bill Kibbler been racing at Huntington??

He was not there this Saturday, but they said that he has raced there a few times...apparently a few guys bought some motors and batts. off of him and asked me if i knew how to get in touch with him...not sure if they meant he was there recently or not
Old 06-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #3398
Tech Elite

OK, thanks. We haven't seen him at McCullough's in over a month.
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #3399
Tech Champion

brent,
you can get everything you need for the mf2 to make it an oval electric truck.
im not sure where...but i do know you will be looking for the oval conversion for the xxxnt...you will get shock towers i know for sure.but im thinking you will need to score a set of ae touring car shocks for it.or hpi ones...go to dirtoval.com and you will easily find all the info you need there.

matt
Old 06-16-2008, 01:22 PM   #3400
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
Brent - Good luck with dirt oval.

The turnout has been down in Altoona the last few weeks but Mod 4wd is starting to pick back up. Jude got a B44 and Brian D. is working on getting one together. If/when Morris and Boyles get going again we could have some very competitve mains.

Chuck and Doug had a photo finnish in 1/8 Buggy today. Stober was solid as usual and Jude finnished a Main for the first time in a month.

I was on the verge of selling my RC8 but I'm going to give it a couple more weekends. That thing hasnt been right since day one. I thought it was the motor, but I noticed air bubbles in the feul lines today and that probably means that I got one of the defective fuel tanks.

AE has new tanks made of new materials, but, they're not in stock yet so now I have to call them and beg them to send me a new one.
ed,
jeff and i do plan on coming back...i have been like broke it seems every week...and when i struggle to pay things here...well r/c just isnt happening...lol

plus i need front rims for the xxx4.e-mailed chuck for the order...so will see whats up.

higgins pm me with info that they are going to be ruinning a 4wd class there on the 28th..he wants me to come out and race...so i might see if i can make it there for the race.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:11 PM   #3401
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Matt, I know what you mean - seems like things are tight for everyone. Maybe we'll see you in July?

I check the TRS website regularly. They have a couple new things posted.

1 It looks like some sort of track update is in the works.

2 First time racers will get free admission!

That is a great incentive for anyone who hasnt tried racing yet to give it a chance. If there are enough of you with like kind and quality vehicles you might even be able to create your own class.

There are a lot of vehicles we havent seen at the track for a while like Truggies, Monster trucks, or even my personal favorite, 2wd Truck

I'm sure the TRS would be receptive to new ideas or classes like rally, vintage Tamiya, or even Radio Shack cars.

In the meantime there's always a good 1/8 buggy race, if you're into that.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #3402
Tech Master

Please check the site----------http://www.altoonaraceway.com/TRACK.html! New updates for the track, and our race day!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:17 PM   #3403
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default truck class stock/mod

Whats the consences on stock class. My 19t is about shot and was going to go mod 10 or 12t for a couple weeks till I have cash for lipo,charger and motor for the b44.I would like to run both classes in the near future. Just need to know who would be in for what set up. I cant go for another brushless ESC right know and have to stay brushed in truck class if we had one. I was planning to go mod set up in my truck and continue to run sportsman with it. I had fun Sunday although with a old 19t and spent batts.With a couple good packs and a good motor I would have a blast in that class. I need to get laps so I dont look like a fool when I get to run the b44!!!!!!Not that I dont anyway!lol!!!! My truck was good for 2 min of run time till my batts died down.Hope it handles that good modified. Other than 6/28,8/9,8/30,9/7,10/18, weekends im in for the rest of the year. Let me know so I can get some stuff for this weekend. As I said im in for mod 4 definately starting the first of July. Later Brian.........

BRENT. let me know if they might be interested in a GT class for dirt oval down there. I would be in for that in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!! Also you and Jeremy going to go to Lernerville next weekend? He said you guy's might. Let me know amd we will hook up,cookout,party,and see some WFO 800 horsepower dirt slinging action!!!lol

Last edited by PADIRTLMJUNKIE; 06-16-2008 at 09:20 PM.
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:18 AM   #3404
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE View Post
Whats the consences on stock class. My 19t is about shot and was going to go mod 10 or 12t for a couple weeks till I have cash for lipo,charger and motor for the b44.I would like to run both classes in the near future. Just need to know who would be in for what set up. I cant go for another brushless ESC right know and have to stay brushed in truck class if we had one. I was planning to go mod set up in my truck and continue to run sportsman with it. I had fun Sunday although with a old 19t and spent batts.With a couple good packs and a good motor I would have a blast in that class. I need to get laps so I dont look like a fool when I get to run the b44!!!!!!Not that I dont anyway!lol!!!! My truck was good for 2 min of run time till my batts died down.Hope it handles that good modified. Other than 6/28,8/9,8/30,9/7,10/18, weekends im in for the rest of the year. Let me know so I can get some stuff for this weekend. As I said im in for mod 4 definately starting the first of July. Later Brian.........

BRENT. let me know if they might be interested in a GT class for dirt oval down there. I would be in for that in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!! Also you and Jeremy going to go to Lernerville next weekend? He said you guy's might. Let me know amd we will hook up,cookout,party,and see some WFO 800 horsepower dirt slinging action!!!lol
I would not mind hitting up learnerville next Saturday, I will have to talk to Jeremy and figure out exactly what is going on. I assume you would be going out for both Fri and Sat? I know I am out for Fri but sat is a good poss. As far as a GT class on the dirt i hunt. I will bring it up, lots of guys into nitro down there so it is def and good idea....i will let you know for sure after the track is complete and the final tweeks are made on rules and such. I THINK I am going to be able to make it to Altoona this weekend so I will see you then
Old 06-17-2008, 12:20 PM   #3405
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
Matt, I know what you mean - seems like things are tight for everyone. Maybe we'll see you in July?

I check the TRS website regularly. They have a couple new things posted.

1 It looks like some sort of track update is in the works.

2 First time racers will get free admission!

That is a great incentive for anyone who hasnt tried racing yet to give it a chance. If there are enough of you with like kind and quality vehicles you might even be able to create your own class.

There are a lot of vehicles we havent seen at the track for a while like Truggies, Monster trucks, or even my personal favorite, 2wd Truck

I'm sure the TRS would be receptive to new ideas or classes like rally, vintage Tamiya, or even Radio Shack cars.

In the meantime there's always a good 1/8 buggy race, if you're into that.
ed,
i think i might try and make it to the track this weekend for some racing.as long as my rims come in at the shop there..well tires to....i got my gas truck running good to..i will talk to jeff and see maybe if he is interested in running gas truck to.i will let ya know.