R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 05-25-2008, 07:11 PM   #3301
Tech Adept

i would like to say thanks to doug/chuck and everyone that put on a great show today had a blast. track had good traction all day

doug had a blast mixing it up with you with your 1/8 scale. even though electric was faster all day

ed glad you had fun with your new 4wd.
brian roeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 09:02 PM   #3302
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Brian - Congrads on the 4wd Mod win and the overall Motorstorm victory. I really enjoyed racing 4wd Mods vs 1/8 buggies.

And you're right - 4wd Mod rocks! It really felt a lot like 1/8 scale without all the noise. Once I get that one way out of there (what was I thinking?) maybe I can get those lap times down a bit.

Gas Truck: The GT2 was solid as usual. I just wish we could have got everyones truck running at the same time and put on a better show. Jeff's Losi looked pretty good for a while.

But back to 1/8 scale next week.

Did anybody notice that it didnt rain? Finally!
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:05 AM   #3303
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
Brian - Congrads on the 4wd Mod win and the overall Motorstorm victory. I really enjoyed racing 4wd Mods vs 1/8 buggies.

And you're right - 4wd Mod rocks! It really felt a lot like 1/8 scale without all the noise. Once I get that one way out of there (what was I thinking?) maybe I can get those lap times down a bit.

Gas Truck: The GT2 was solid as usual. I just wish we could have got everyones truck running at the same time and put on a better show. Jeff's Losi looked pretty good for a while.

But back to 1/8 scale next week.

Did anybody notice that it didnt rain? Finally!
ed,
that was some awesome racing yesterday in 4wd mod.i was impressed with how my xxx4 came around for me in the last a-3 main.i ran some pretty fast laps and the car for the first time felt consistent.....and it was the 1st time i ran 13 laps...i think the best i had before was like 11....lol

but yea i had a great time in 4wd mod...except when my battery was either breaking or falling out of the car....

as far as gas truck went....i hate my gas truck...this engine was to be brans new pretty much and it wouldnt run longer than a couple minutes...dont get me wrong i love racing gas truck......but getting back to this electric scene is way better than nitro....so im done with gas truck and it will be going up for sale....unless i might keep it around for oval racing....but then again i think that i will just sell it and be done...take the xtra money and buy more goods for my xxxx4....i think for the next time i come and race i am going to throw in a 3.5 and try it out...... I KNOW IM CRAZY.....LOL
Old 05-26-2008, 10:59 AM   #3304
Tech Master

Donny Lia just won a Craftsman Truck race and for those who don't know, hes also a regionl or national champ in 1/12 scale and he frequents RC Tech message boards.

It was a great race and he basically pulled off a nearly surgically perfect bump and run to win. Some guys thought it was a hack, but , it was at a short track which is not uncommon.

Here's the thread and his comments:
Donny Lia Win's!!

Fast is fast whether your in 1/12, 1/10, 1/8 or 1/1 scale!
Old 05-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #3305
Tech Champion

Quote:
Donny Lia just won a Craftsman Truck race and for those who don't know, hes also a regionl or national champ in 1/12 scale and he frequents RC Tech message boards.

It was a great race and he basically pulled off a nearly surgically perfect bump and run to win. Some guys thought it was a hack, but , it was at a short track which is not uncommon.

Here's the thread and his comments:
Donny Lia Win's!!

Fast is fast whether your in 1/12, 1/10, 1/8 or 1/1 scale!
thats kool...kinda kool to here that somebody that used to tare up with an r/c car can also do very well racing the big stuff....
Old 05-26-2008, 02:25 PM   #3306
Tech Master

Lia's the real deal - Here is a link from NASCAR.com to Lias home track:

http://localracing.nascar.com/node/308

Matt, I think you would be up front if you got a better car. Just sell off that Gas Truck and get a B44 so you can get going. You'll spend a lot more of your race weekends on the track and not wasting all that time in the pits fixing stuff.

And since youre still running NiMh it would be easy for you to split your cells in the saddle packs.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:48 PM   #3307
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

God that was fun yesterday! I stayed till dark driving Thanks Chuck and Doug and everybody who makes it a fun day!
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:43 PM   #3308
Tech Champion

Quote:
Lia's the real deal - Here is a link from NASCAR.com to Lias home track:

http://localracing.nascar.com/node/308

Matt, I think you would be up front if you got a better car. Just sell off that Gas Truck and get a B44 so you can get going. You'll spend a lot more of your race weekends on the track and not wasting all that time in the pits fixing stuff.

And since youre still running NiMh it would be easy for you to split your cells in the saddle packs.
ed,
i guess the only problemn i was having with the xxx4 was the battery thing.but i cit up some battery foam blocks and put some under the battery tray.plus i taped the battery in for xtra support.i really think that with a teed bit better driving from me i can compete cosistently in 4wd mod....will have to wait and see what happens the next time i come and race....
as for the gas truck...consider it gone......lol
Old 05-26-2008, 06:40 PM   #3309
Tech Adept

MOST IMPORTANTLY - Thanks to everyone who came and raced on a perfect memorial day weekend! Without racers there is no race!

Anyone know what the fastest race lap was all day? Am I mistaken or was it laid down by a 1/8th scale gas buggy?

Roeder -awesome dicing in the motorstorm event, i bet that video gets huge airtime on U-tube!

Chuck, CR, Sam, Tom, & Jude - Absolutely phenomenal competition all day in 1/8th buggy especially CR and Chuck, three 15 min races decided by less than 7 seconds (if i looked at the results right) between three racers - unbelievable - good show guys, it was a blast - can't wait to do it again!

Ed - Can't wait to do some wheel to wheel in 1/8th next week.

MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN
Old 05-26-2008, 06:46 PM   #3310
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewholeyearinn View Post
MOST IMPORTANTLY - Thanks to everyone who came and raced on a perfect memorial day weekend! Without racers there is no race!

Anyone know what the fastest race lap was all day? Am I mistaken or was it laid down by a 1/8th scale gas buggy?

Roeder -awesome dicing in the motorstorm event, i bet that video gets huge airtime on U-tube!

Chuck, CR, Sam, Tom, & Jude - Absolutely phenomenal competition all day in 1/8th buggy especially CR and Chuck, three 15 min races decided by less than 7 seconds (if i looked at the results right) between three racers - unbelievable - good show guys, it was a blast - can't wait to do it again!

Ed - Can't wait to do some wheel to wheel in 1/8th next week.

MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN
doug,
i dont know what the 1/8 scale laps times were but i know roeder had like a 27.5 or something of that nature.

oh-yea...thx for the propel......it went down so good.....lol i was thursty.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:59 PM   #3311
Tech Champion

looks like it was sam crawford with a 27.3

that looked to be the fastest when i scrolled thru the listings

there was alot of you guys running in the lower 27.....

GOOD JOB.........
Old 05-26-2008, 07:02 PM   #3312
Tech Adept

Doug, just watched the video man that is cool.
brian roeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #3313
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian roeder View Post
Doug, just watched the video man that is cool.
yea i just watched it also....looks like you and doug were battling pretty good there a few times...

that is pretty kool....but i must say 4wd mod is way better than 1/8 scale..........
Old 05-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #3314
Tech Champion

i see that chris hults dont have his web site up no more.....huh....?

roeder-you up for painting me a lid for my xxx4....?

lmk
Old 05-27-2008, 03:27 PM   #3315
Tech Master

I'll paint you a lid. Do you like black/white/blue with maybe a #9?