Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Back to Sundays? Sweet - if so, I'm back in.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I am coming! I had some travel but was mainly waiting on an engine. Jammin has been out for like 5 months and CEO Powermods is holding my old one for ransom I think. I had my Picco running perfectly for the rain out. Now, I've been getting advice and it should be breathing fire I am trying to get Jorge and Keith to come, but they suck
Old 05-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i would much rather be racing on saterdays...buy if sunday is racing then sunday it is.

plus if i ever wanted to race dirt oval on sats i will be able to.
im going to try and fire the gas truck up tonight....i will get back on here and let ya know how it runs and if i think it will be good enouph for the jimbo comp.....
Old 05-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson
Back to Sundays? Sweet - if so, I'm back in.
wolfson you mean you are finally going to break out all those new cars since all your other cars weren't even broken in yet

well maybe sunday racing would bring more people as long as it doesn't rain like we've had every saturday. maybe see you guys sunday.

Last edited by brian roeder; 05-20-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sundays pretty much suck for me, I made all 'other' commitments on Sundays so I could race on Saturdays. Although I am in for this Sunday because of the long weekend, I am most likely out pretty much the rest of the offroad season, unless the days switch again
Old 05-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

forman ... you out this week ??

I'm not sure but i maybe . I forgot this was the holiday weekend . If GT is a lock with more guys i may be able to pull some strings .
Old 05-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

I have a brand new MBX5R roller, completely built for sale $400 and you can have the best 1/8th scale buggy known to man. If you are interested call me 814-934-4323, leave a message if i don't answer.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Brent, same question - what do you do on sundays?
Old 05-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by thewholeyearinn
Brent, same question - what do you do on sundays?

Usually Sundays are "Family days" with the grand parents or whatever. Spend a lot of weekends out of town at relatives places and all our redneck reunions fall on Sundays... I am sure I can weasel my way out of most of them. It was just a lot easier for me to race Saturdays
Old 05-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Jummy, im out
Old 05-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thewholeyearinn
saturdays has not helped the turnouts.

Allshouse - what do you do on Sunday's?
wouldnt you like to know

its just an easier day for me on saturdays becuase it dosent matter how long the race day is, its more relaxing just hangin out without a care in the world of having to rush home to get to bed and get up at 4:30 in the morning for work the next day. sundays will have to work for now if it helps the turnout.....heck if the gas prices go up anymore i will be using my B44 to get to work let alone drive to altoona and it wont matter what day the races are on i will be on the couch watchin tv
Old 05-21-2008, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

WOULDN'T I LIKE TO KNOW......... good greif charley brown!!!!! Please keep your S&M fetish to yourself! However I believe Ed Toth is sponsored by an S&M shop so you may want to visit his tent this weekend!!!

Ok guys, I hear ya guys, I have other stuff going on as well and sometimes I fly on sundays for work. As always - we will stick with our, "if you don't try it how do you know it won't work theory." and if it doesn't work, we'll make a change. Hang in there guys it will all work out, don't get too excited.

we will continue to watch the weather, and move the race from sunday to saturday depending on what the weather looks like, Chuck does a great job of that and communicating via the website, email and telephone calls.

we will also, as we have done in the past mix in some saturday events, just stay tuned to the website.

This weekend's weather looks great right now, I'll be at the track probably thursday friday and saturday working to ensure that we have an awesome surface for Sunday's event!!!!

Stober - do you know what the rear end of a mugen looks like? YOU ARE ABOUT TO FIND OUT!!!!!!!!!

LET's GO RACING!
Old 05-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

I should be there Sunday too! Haven't worked on the car at all since opening day a month or two ago...no reason to since I can't race on Saturday's. Just need to blast it off with some air, change the bent inner rear hinge pin, and freshen up the clutch.

Looks like the track will be rained out for practice tonight.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by d4man
Jummy, im out
me on d4man.gets yo a double ss there to race....
Old 05-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

as of last night my gas truck is a no runner...i think i have...a bad tank....called chuck and got one ordered in for it....hopefully that will fix the problem....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.