R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 04-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #2941
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ironically, The B44 was originally deisnged by JConcents (BJ4) AE just bought the design and re-sold it.

The difficult thing about 4wd Mod is that most of the cars use saddle packs which I dont have.

With the price of most kits 300-400 plus a couple of saddle pack lipos for additional 200-300 its going to cost almost as much as 1/8 scale.

Tough call there.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:12 PM   #2942
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallshouse View Post
sweet....are you going to the trak at all this weekend?
i prolly wont make it to the track at all this weekend....heck i didnt even know it was ready to be praticed on yet.we just finalized the deal today.so i dont know how long it will take for this whole transaction to go thrue.i could come to the track and just bring my gas truck w/me.....dont know though.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:14 PM   #2943
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
Ironically, The B44 was originally deisnged by JConcents (BJ4) AE just bought the design and re-sold it.

The difficult thing about 4wd Mod is that most of the cars use saddle packs which I dont have.

With the price of most kits 300-400 plus a couple of saddle pack lipos for additional 200-300 its going to cost almost as much as 1/8 scale.

Tough call there.
ed,
there are few cars out there that take a normal 6-cell set-up.losi,kyosho,and academy....i dont know if there are more than that or not.
you could get a b44 and just assemble saddle packs with the batts you were using for oval.....you wont need to do much to do that...money for the kit and some time you gots a 4wd mod buggy to rip........tempting huh...?
Old 04-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #2944
Tech Master

Quote:

Tough call there.

Ironically, also, that is what is happening on the 1/8th scale scene as well...................everyone witnessed how good the Losi was and decided to copy off of it and call it "UPGRADES" or "NEW DESIGN" Centrally located engine, big bore shocks, and Low Pro Truggy tires are now the norm and it was all derived from the Losi car!

.....NOTE TO DAVE FOREMAN: This is the truth the whole truth........This is not an excuse for you to start ranting how your Associated car will beat my Losi or your Dad can Beat up my Dad!!!!!!!

Brian Boitano rules!!!!!!

Last edited by gixxerman; 04-02-2008 at 04:30 PM.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #2945
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
ed,
there are few cars out there that take a normal 6-cell set-up.losi,kyosho,and academy....i dont know if there are more than that or not.
you could get a b44 and just assemble saddle packs with the batts you were using for oval.....you wont need to do much to do that...money for the kit and some time you gots a 4wd mod buggy to rip........tempting huh...?

.........Even more tempting is the fact that Nitro only costs aprox $25.00 a gallon and it provides power on demand!!! No charge-discharge then traying Nitro fuel to keep it good!!!! Also Nitro will not go flat and loose it's punch if it sits for two weeks! Carpet season is over with and I miss it allready, but one thing I WILL not miss is screwing with those damn batteries!!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #2946
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
.........Even more tempting is the fact that Nitro only costs aprox $25.00 a gallon and it provides power on demand!!! No charge-discharge then traying Nitro fuel to keep it good!!!! Also Nitro will not go flat and loose it's punch if it sits for two weeks! Carpet season is over with and I miss it allready, but one thing I WILL not miss is screwing with those damn batteries!!!!
thats why i like electric more than nitro...charge them and run them.
nitro you got to have the engine broke in correctly..then after running them you have to make sure all the fuel is out.then you have to put after run in them...oh did i forget to mention that you have to make sure there isnt no air leaks before you do all of this?

nitro is ok but i will pick electric racing any day of the week over nitro...
Old 04-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #2947
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jallshouse

Quote:

Tough call there.
actuailly $125 gets a maxamps 6000mah lipo that will run about a half hour without any worries...looks like only one charge will get through the entire race day. i have about $425 into the whole setup
jallshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:23 PM   #2948
Tech Champion

Quote:
actuailly $125 gets a maxamps 6000mah lipo that will run about a half hour without any worries...looks like only one charge will get through the entire race day. i have about $425 into the whole setup
jeremy,
sounds good.........wish that i knew you had your lipo for sale so quick...i would have made a deal with ya on a couple.

as soon as i seen them they were sold....lol

i will try and stick with my nimh for the summer...
Old 04-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #2949
Tech Master

Quote:
ed,
Quote:

thats why i like electric more than nitro...charge them and run them.
nitro you got to have the engine broke in correctly..then after running them you have to make sure all the fuel is out.then you have to put after run in them...oh did i forget to mention that you have to make sure there isnt no air leaks before you do all of this?

nitro is ok but i will pick electric racing any day of the week over nitro...
Quote:
Quote:

Tough call there.
Don't get me wrong I like electric for outdoor as well! I love running that T4 that I bought from Ed! But the debate here is weather it's cheaper to run a mod buggy or get into 1/8th scale! Like previously posted by Ed the cost is almost as much as scale. Actually if I had a definitive choice between all I would be racing carpet year round!

Allshouse, can you still make the keepers for the leaf springs on my truck? The ones that Bolt together? Will you be coming down for Sunday's practice day?

Last edited by gixxerman; 04-02-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #2950
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ed, how dare you??? The RC8 is great and the RC8 Truggy will also be the hot ticket.
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:38 PM   #2951
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4man View Post
Ed, how dare you??? The RC8 is great and the RC8 Truggy will also be the hot ticket.
Foreman...................SHUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

The RC in RC8 stands for Racer Coppied!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #2952
Tech Champion

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I like electric for outdoor as well! I love running that T4 that I bought from Ed! But the debate here is weather it's cheaper to run a mod buggy or get into 1/8th scale! Like previously posted by Ed the cost is almost as much as scale. Actually if I had a definitive choice between all I would be racing carpet year round!

Allshouse, can you still make the keepers for the leaf springs on my truck? The ones that Bolt together? Will you be coming down for Sunday's practice day?
gixx,
im just pulling your chain...but in my eyes i would imagine to get decent stuff that it would be cheeper for me anyways to go electric vs scale stuff.if i went scale i would have to buy the scale...losi 8 um........exspensive....starter box...more money...glow pugs......and to get a good engine.....wow...

electric 4wd buggy..at least 100 bucks more or cheaper vs.scale...already have all the electronics.....so i just saved myself a 2 paychecks....lol

so whats thisd i here that they might have in-door off-road in altoona next winter...sounds kool....but i would rather stick with touring racing....but if i had to i would race in-dorr off-road there....
Old 04-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #2953
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

D4Man - You wouldnt always assume everything AE makes was top notch if you ever had a TC4!

Matt - Nothing has been decided about next winter. Lets just hope the facilty is available again when the time comes. Its an awesome location for RC.

Electric - Its tenuous at best these days. I talked to Matt Dzaibo and Brian Daugherty and they appear to be sticking with Mod Truck so there are 3 trucks. And with Jeremy, Morris, and Brent there are 3 or so Mod Buggies.

I think we need to look at consolidating electric into just on large 1/10 scale electric class. Doug can put a 2wd or 4wd next to your name when you sign up so the type of vehicle youran will be reflected in the results. That way, you can be assured you will race. Its just an idea. I think we should try it.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:46 PM   #2954
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Practice will start at 12pm and go to probably dusk! A few of us might be going over Saturday as well but not sure what time yet!!!!
Fcuk! 12pm -dusk is my kind of r/c schedule! Still wont be there for awhile though.....it's almost Jammin time
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:41 PM   #2955
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
D4Man - You wouldnt always assume everything AE makes was top notch if you ever had a TC4!

Matt - Nothing has been decided about next winter. Lets just hope the facilty is available again when the time comes. Its an awesome location for RC.

Electric - Its tenuous at best these days. I talked to Matt Dzaibo and Brian Daugherty and they appear to be sticking with Mod Truck so there are 3 trucks. And with Jeremy, Morris, and Brent there are 3 or so Mod Buggies.

I think we need to look at consolidating electric into just on large 1/10 scale electric class. Doug can put a 2wd or 4wd next to your name when you sign up so the type of vehicle youran will be reflected in the results. That way, you can be assured you will race. Its just an idea. I think we should try it.

Ed- thats the best idea I heard yet. I like to run with a lot of cars on the track, makes it more fun!!

Gixx, or whoever.....whats the deal for Saturday? Are we running or just working on the track? Most likely I dont think I will be ready anyway cuz my battery might not be here, but if your running I will stop down and check things out....let me know whats up....maybe i will throw together a old pan car battery or 2 just to get to run the car