ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Tech Rookie

New guy here. Run mostly 1/8th scale and wanted to come and check out your track. What time does the test and tune session begin on Sunday?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

4man why dont you join me and wolfson for the motorstorm race on may 17th and run 2wd mod with us?
Old 04-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

D4man - Bring your Mod Truck too.

Mike, They didnt specify a time. I would guess most people will be there anytime between 12 noon and 6 pm. We'll try to narrow it down some for you. Maybe Gixxer can find out for sure.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

well the only problem i have with that is that i got 2 tickets.the one for speeding and a careless driving one...i said to him why the careless driving one.he said that he could give me that or a ticket for racing...and if i get the ticket for racing that i would loose my license for a very long time and that i would loose my car to....i didnt want to do either...

so what ya guys think.....i kinda already pleasd guilty...but if you all think that this is the best way for me to go i will just go back and tell them that i changed my mind....lmk
Old 04-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

He cant make it any worse. I would just contest the speeding ticket.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I agree with Ed. Fight the Speeding Ticket. They (Police and District Attorneys) do weird stuff so you never know what "offer" they might throw at you. Even though I got caught doing over 100 mph I ended up pleading guilty to 80 in a 55 (31 mph or over requires hearing) If the Cop objects to the whole thing and gives you crap, tell him you need a drivers license to get to work and you had a brain fart and your human. Or he may not show up (not likely).

Racing on the highways usually requires 2 vehicles. Thats why you got careless driving.

Higgins....I dunno....

Last edited by d4man; 04-01-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

if i contest toi the speeding ticket wont i also have to pay for court costs.
im pretty sure if i do so that the cop will show up.....i meen i guess is what im trying to say is how to i word it if i do fight the speeding ticket...like do i say prove to the judge that i was doing 93?
the cop askes me how fast i thought i was going and when i sen them i looked...but braking at the sametime....i guessed to the cop around 83 ish.

he said try 93...

im confused and do not know what to do....i just dont want to bring myself anyother problems.

i meen i do admit to speeding...but what do you think the judge will say...cause you know he is just going to take the cops side and not mine.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

My mother in law got a speeding ticket in Virginia. She contested it and it got reduced greatly. Enough that it was worth her trip back there for the hearing.

I never had personal experience with it though, I always out ran them.

I am in for Sunday! Ed the AE truggy will be out soon!

iCeNuTz
Old 04-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mag409
New guy here. Run mostly 1/8th scale and wanted to come and check out your track. What time does the test and tune session begin on Sunday?

Thanks,
Mike
Originally Posted by Ed237
D4man - Bring your Mod Truck too.

Mike, They didnt specify a time. I would guess most people will be there anytime between 12 noon and 6 pm. We'll try to narrow it down some for you. Maybe Gixxer can find out for sure.

Practice will start at 12pm and go to probably dusk! A few of us might be going over Saturday as well but not sure what time yet!!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Matt, A similar thing happenned to me (73 in a 55) and I challenged it.

I sat in the lobby with the police officer who gave me the ticket prior to the hearing and he was really helpfull. He practically told me what to say - "That I don't believe I was doing 73 mph and that I would like the officer to inform the court when the last time his gun was calibrated and what the margin of error is."

I argued that "based up the margin of error of 5% I was under 70 mph and the fine and points are too high"

I didnt get the ticket thrown out, but the magistrate did remove a point and a few dollars from the original ticket.

You have nothing to lose - You pay court costs whether you challenge it or not.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Matt, A similar thing happenned to me (73 in a 55) and I challenged it.

I sat in the lobby with the police officer who gave me the ticket prior to the hearing and he was really helpfull. He practically told me what to say - "That I don't believe I was doing 73 mph and that I would like the officer to inform the court when the last time his gun was calibrated and what the margin of error is."

I argued that "based up the margin of error of 5% I was under 70 mph and the fine and points are too high"

I didnt get the ticket thrown out, but the magistrate did remove a point and a few dollars from the original ticket.

You have nothing to lose - You pay court costs whether you challenge it or not.
well then i think i will go there or call there tomorrrow and tell them that i want to plea not guilty on the speeding one.and then go from there...will have to wait and see what happens...even if they took 5 mile an hour off i would sit at 88 in a 55..still over the 31 over the speed limit...hhmmmmm.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Icenutz, I'm going to wait a while before I do anything.

I doubt the AE truggy will be worth the wait anyhow. I still cant even decide if the RC8 is any good or not. From what I've read they don't perform all that well and they're so weak that AE had to send out repair kits.

Its hard to trust an RC company that has their customers unknowingly doing their R&D for them.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Icenutz, I'm going to wait a while before I do anything.

I doubt the AE truggy will be worth the wait anyhow. I still cant even decide if the RC8 is any good or not. From what I've read they don't perform all that well and they're so weak that AE had to send out repair kits.

Its hard to trust an RC company that has their customers unknowingly doing their R&D for them.
thats why you should buy yourself a B44....they look suprisingly tough. its my first AE car and so far its a nice design over any other 4wd i have looked at
Old 04-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jallshouse
thats why you should buy yourself a B44....they look suprisingly tough. its my first AE car and so far its a nice design over any other 4wd i have looked at
jeremy,
just so you know that deal i made with the xxx4 went thrue...looks like we will be shipping out tomorrow or friday...its not new but i hope it will work ok for me.i think im going to see if my neighbor guy can make me some aluminum goodies for it...like a-arms ans towers...stuff of that nature...will have to wait and see.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
jeremy,
just so you know that deal i made with the xxx4 went thrue...looks like we will be shipping out tomorrow or friday...its not new but i hope it will work ok for me.i think im going to see if my neighbor guy can make me some aluminum goodies for it...like a-arms ans towers...stuff of that nature...will have to wait and see.
sweet....are you going to the trak at all this weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.