R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 03-15-2008, 10:52 AM   #2806
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
Matt - The Corally looked dialed last night - good job on the win. Its not easy to put rubber tires on a foam car and be that fast with just running one qualifier. It was tight racing all night between me you and Doug. I cant remember the last time 3 cars that close at the end of race.

And congrads to Doug on the points series championship.

Thank you, Travis / Blizzard Graphics, for sponsoring the points series. The 3rd place plaque is going to look great on my RC shelf next to my TA05.

"great place to race" - You got that right!
ed,
thx man it was pretty good...i think i can get it a little better with another week.im going to be trying something a little bit different for next week.
try to mellow the car a little...will have to see how that works.
plus im trying to line up some jaco greens....take off cs 27 suck....
Old 03-15-2008, 11:21 AM   #2807
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I didnt see a schedule, I saw May 17.... Is that the first race? That should be doable. Doug did you and Chuck settle on an 1/8 scale yet? Knowing you, you've probably had three set up so far and sold them
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:43 PM   #2808
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
I didnt see a schedule, I saw May 17.... Is that the first race? That should be doable. Doug did you and Chuck settle on an 1/8 scale yet? Knowing you, you've probably had three set up so far and sold them
Tom our first regular season race weather pending, might be the first or second week of April, May 17th is our first "BIG" race!

Brent I'm in!!!!!! If you can think of anything else I'm in!!!!!!! This year I will be running these classes:
1: Monster Truck
2: Mod Truck
3: 4wd Buggy
4: 2wd Buggy
5: Truggy
6: Scale Buggy
7: Baja 5b
8: CRT .5
9: Touring Car
10: MOD Slider
11: Pan Car
12: TT-O1
13: Hellicopters
14: 1/5th scale Turbine Planes
15: MOD 1/12th Scale
16: MOST INPORTANTLY MY MOUTH

Can someone please tell me which one's better t-4 or XXX-CR, or LST2 or REVO?
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #2809
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
Tom our first regular season race weather pending, might be the first or second week of April, May 17th is our first "BIG" race!

Brent I'm in!!!!!! If you can think of anything else I'm in!!!!!!! This year I will be running these classes:
1: Monster Truck
2: Mod Truck
3: 4wd Buggy
4: 2wd Buggy
5: Truggy
6: Scale Buggy
7: Baja 5b
8: CRT .5
9: Touring Car
10: MOD Slider
11: Pan Car
12: TT-O1
13: Hellicopters
14: 1/5th scale Turbine Planes
15: MOD 1/12th Scale
16: MOST INPORTANTLY MY MOUTH

Can someone please tell me which one's better t-4 or XXX-CR, or LST2 or REVO?
brad,
ed,mcghee and i disgussed which truck was better last night...mcghee has had both and sai that the losi truck would be better for its more easier to drive...the t4 he said was a little more on edge....

hope this helps
Old 03-15-2008, 09:52 PM   #2810
Tech Adept

Spy shots of Brad's new car he will be running this year.....
Attached Thumbnails
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-46512618-177x150-0-0_.jpg  
Old 03-15-2008, 10:14 PM   #2811
Tech Adept

Brad, a little pee came out when i read that!

Tom Stober - I actually built and mbx5r earlier this winter and I'm stickin with it. I gave brad blontz permission to kick me repeatedly in the jimmyz if i change. Can't wait to race! this will be an awesome season!

I worked on a baja a little bit with a guy who brought one into the shop one time, they are very cool machines, just like a weed wacker!

allshouse - "the expense of 1/8th," this is coming from a guy with custom painted everything, an OS Speed engine - thee MOST expensive .21 available for purchase in the united states, and upgrade rc skins on everything, including.... lets not go there , just breaking your balls man.

electric 1/8th won't take off until a better technology than lipo is comercialized, to get long main run time, you have to put $500 worth of lipos in there now, that includes the one duck taped under the wing. plus your in America - creators of NASCAR - nitro makes 90+ dBA, smoke and it stings your eyes, people like that shi*. will be interesting to see where the electric 1/8th scale market goes however.

Congrats on the win friday night Matt! Ed, awesome racing as usual! I'm sure that will carry over into offroad!!! Touring car has been absolutely unreal all season long!

Got some clean up work done at the track today, progress...

Grimmone - What is your name, I raced in jersey shore's indoor offroad track a couple of times. I run mugen, let me know if there's anything you need to get rolling, we'd love to have you come and race!!! TRS can order RB concept engines, smokin deals on the econo, s5, s7, ws7III, or C6BB. The new L2G's should be available soon as well. Let me know - 814-934-4323, call if you have any questions as well! the 1/8th buggy class will be very solid, we proabably have 10 -15 solid 1/8th racers right now.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:37 AM   #2812
Tech Champion

doug,
congrats to you....that rocket of a losi type-r ia a missle no doubt...
you didnt have the beat start of the season with it....and im not going to start typing all the crap you dealt with.....lol

but whatever you did you got the car hooked up for your driving style.you had alot of wins with it this past winter.

congrats again on the points series win....

as for 1/8 scale racing for me...i have thought pretty hard about it..and dont get me wrong i think that there awesome machines...but like allhouse said i would like to stay with something cost effective....and if i were to purchase an 1/8 i would be paying more for it than i would be paying for a new 1/10 truck...

thats what im leaning towards anyways..a new 1/10 truck...prolly a cr truck.
or a electric 4-wheel....
all depends on what peeps want to run more of this summer..
Old 03-16-2008, 07:24 AM   #2813
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm staying with just Mod Truck to start the outdoor season. I'm not really into 4wd Mod due to the cost. If I have to spend $325+ on a kit I would just spend a little more and get an 1/8 scale nitro vehicle of some kind.

If we end up only have 2 trucks and 2 buggies, thats fine. I have no problem running them together to make a class. So long as we can keep electric going.

One thing those of us who want to run electric should seriously contemplate is running longer mains this year. Maybe try 7-8 minute mains and see how it goes. Just a thought.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:03 AM   #2814
Tech Champion

Quote:
I'm staying with just Mod Truck to start the outdoor season. I'm not really into 4wd Mod due to the cost. If I have to spend $325+ on a kit I would just spend a little more and get an 1/8 scale nitro vehicle of some kind.

If we end up only have 2 trucks and 2 buggies, thats fine. I have no problem running them together to make a class. So long as we can keep electric going.

One thing those of us who want to run electric should seriously contemplate is running longer mains this year. Maybe try 7-8 minute mains and see how it goes. Just a thought.
oh boy longer mains.....lol i dont know if my nimh can run that long....lol
mod truck sounds like fun though.

even though its not electric i still have my gas truck.....
thoughts about this class?
Old 03-16-2008, 08:35 AM   #2815
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jallshouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewholeyearinn View Post
allshouse - "the expense of 1/8th," this is coming from a guy with custom painted everything, an OS Speed engine - thee MOST expensive .21 available for purchase in the united states, and upgrade rc skins on everything, including.... lets not go there , just breaking your balls man.
got me there lol....you would be suprised how cheap OS and Upgrade RC stuff is if you know the right people I wish i had the OS Speed engine, but i could only afford the regular OS V Spec....ya gotta draw the line somewhere
jallshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:50 AM   #2816
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCeNuTz View Post
Spy shots of Brad's new car he will be running this year.....
Oh yeah I almost forgot the "toy store grade" class this year also! That spy shot is a little off of what I will actually be campaigning this year- the driver will be Gi Joe with the Kung-Fu grip of course!

Money - cost means absolutley nothing to me! If I have fun with it, it's worth it point blank! Besides I've allready spent $18,936.82 so I can race all the classes this summer season!!!!!!

Doug or Chuck can we run a MOD 1/8 boat class this year also? I think I have Stritty talked into one (2 makes a class). We could reconfigure the track to include a lake fed from the stream which would also dub for a track watering method! I would also like to explore the possibility of a mod 4wd motorcyle class also! Anyone interetsed? LMK
Old 03-16-2008, 08:54 AM   #2817
Tech Adept

I hear ya Jeremy, just cracking your stones.

Ed - I'm going to run my T4, I'll get it outfitted as soon as I can rob the electronics from my touring car. It probably won't be 100% of the races though.

Thanks Matt - there's still some touring car action left to go, lets keep up the nose to tail competition!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 09:12 AM   #2818
Tech Master

I would like to explore the Mod Sailboat class also! Or maybe Stock Sailboat whatever you guys prefer! If anyone has not seen this up and coming class you don't know what your missing!

If we run the Mod Sailboat class, I would still like to run 8th scale mod boat also, maybe we could run Mod Rubber Duck also as a relaxer class?
Old 03-16-2008, 09:44 AM   #2819
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:

Ed , don't forget not every one will have the big mah packs . figure on about 3200 mah run time . seeing alot of peeps will be carring theirs over from winter racing . 7 min will probably be fine but 8 might be pushing it . not sure till we would try it .
Old 03-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #2820
Tech Champion

jeremy allhouse.
are you going to be making it back for the next couple indoor races....?
you need to get yo ass there bra....i miss ya