R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 03-05-2008, 10:29 AM   #2746
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

if anyone is interested i do have a much more cell master ctx.
and im pretty sure it will charge lipo batts....75.00

i also have a turbo30....40.00

lmk if anyone here wants them...

matt
Old 03-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #2747
Tech Adept

Default dirt is overratted, offroad rocks!

I agree ed, I think that is pretty sweet, I could get into running some truck, buggy or 4wd indoors on the carpet and I know we could build jumps just like those if not better.

Dirt is overrated, especially when you bend over backwards to be able to run slicks on it anyway, why not just use carpet or astroturf? No maintenance = more fun time.

Anyway, maybe we can chat it up how we might try it indoors this year ed, and maybe have a new class for next year's winter season.

Don't get me wrong I love the dirt and offroad, what I don't love is spending hour after hour at the track fixing if from a rainstorm, or resurfacing jump takeoffs so they remain consistent. I think we have a great gameplan for this summer and for another year, progress progress progress!

Let's go racing,

McGhee, are you getting your nails done this Friday or are you racing?
Old 03-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #2748
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Watching that video of carpet offroad indoors makes me wonder what it would be like to race 1/10 4wd buggies around a track built for touring cars, but with a few jumps and obstacles mixed in.

But, theres no substitute for dirt and nitro.

And about McGhee, for those who don't know, Travis told everyone Mike wasnt racing last Friday, in the middle of a points series, because he was getting his hair done!

Dude - WTF?
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:01 PM   #2749
Tech Adept

I agree Ed, i think some jumps around the carpet circuit and 4wd buggies would be freakin awesome! probably very very competitive as well.

you are correct, I still live noise, dirt, mud, grease, fuel residue, smoke and burning eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's get it on!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #2750
Tech Master

...if you haven't yet seen it - the Reman'd GTB's available on the Team Novak web site just had a price drop.

Originally $119.00, they are now just $99.00.

These are the 'Original' GTB's and what I currently have in my pan car! Would be perfect for Oval!!!!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #2751
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewholeyearinn View Post
I agree Ed, i think some jumps around the carpet circuit and 4wd buggies would be freakin awesome! probably very very competitive as well.

you are correct, I still live noise, dirt, mud, grease, fuel residue, smoke and burning eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's get it on!!!!!!!
fuel residue, smoke and burning eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.......what exactly are we getting on Douglas? Sounds like something I might like to take part in!!!

I spoke with Mr. Mghee today and he assured me that he scheduled his manicure early enough to be able to race this Friday. He also said that everyone says how "pretty" his hair looks, so remember to tell him this Friday!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 06:43 PM   #2752
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
fuel residue, smoke and burning eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.......what exactly are we getting on Douglas? Sounds like something I might like to take part in!!!

I spoke with Mr. Mghee today and he assured me that he scheduled his manicure early enough to be able to race this Friday. He also said that everyone says how "pretty" his hair looks, so remember to tell him this Friday!!!!!!!!!
thats funny there....
Old 03-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #2753
Tech Master

There was a minor track change tonight. Nothing drastic, but expect some higher lap times.

Just to make it interesting, I will pay $25 to the first person who can do a legitimate (as defined by me!) sub 10 second lap during the qualifiers or mains on Friday. Practice laps will not count!
Old 03-05-2008, 06:50 PM   #2754
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
There was a minor track change tonight. Nothing drastic, but expect some higher lap times.

Just to make it interesting, I will pay $25 to the first person who can do a legitimate (as defined by me!) sub 10 second lap during the qualifiers or mains on Friday. Practice laps will not count!
ed,
thats tempting for me to show up on friday and see if i can get those times you seek...prolly will not happen.but what the heck..........
Old 03-06-2008, 07:28 AM   #2755
Tech Adept

cool ed!

brad - I know how to have fun!

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/xcga...album=56&pos=0

cool pics of the silverstate track. this is a huge race and they have a really cool washboard section on the track made with staggered t-111 type material in the track.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:32 AM   #2756
Tech Adept

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/xcga...album=56&pos=8

track surface at a huge international race, this is at the very beginning of the practice sessions, qualifying hasn't even begun.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:19 AM   #2757
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post

I am going to be there Friday, but not racing, I will prob take control of the computer for most of the night. I will be watching for any sub 10 sec. laps!!

Ed - is this for EVERYONE that breaks 10 sec. or the first person? Not that it really matters to me, only touring car i have is a tt-01 and with my driving skill I would be lucky to get a 20 second lap!!
Old 03-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #2758
Tech Master

To clarify, $25 to the FIRST person who can do a sub 10 second lap.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:11 PM   #2759
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
I am going to be there Friday, but not racing, I will prob take control of the computer for most of the night. I will be watching for any sub 10 sec. laps!!

Ed - is this for EVERYONE that breaks 10 sec. or the first person? Not that it really matters to me, only touring car i have is a tt-01 and with my driving skill I would be lucky to get a 20 second lap!!
God are you DUMB!! No....Ed will pay everyone who gets a 9 second lap including NASCAR and TT-O1, and shell out hundreds of dollars you drone! If your coming tommorow.......and I hope you do, please put some duct tape around your mouth so I don't have to hear anymore of your stupid questions! MY IQ DROPS AND I START TO DROOL WHEN I READ AND HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS

Last edited by gixxerman; 03-06-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #2760
Tech Master

Gixxers cats are . . . . . . . . . . . . GAY!