R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2008, 07:53 PM   #2686
Tech Addict
 
NeverATiteLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gallitzin, PA
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Default

OK quick update from the oval championships. Lots of great racing, awesome food, tons of fun.......my car sucked and so did my driving so it is back to the drawing board!!! I did find out some set-up tips for the darkside, but not enought to make me want to dig that thing back out and try to figure it all out......cant wait for friday!!!!!
__________________
MBX6-ECO
The 4 most famous words in motor sports: SECURITY TO THE PITS!!!
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:53 AM   #2687
Tech Master
 
Ed237's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dudley PA
Posts: 1,431
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Congradulations to Bob Rhodes - The winner of the first innaugural Oval 13.5 TRS Championship race!

Rhodes outduled local ace Gerald Markle for the 13.5 win.

Kalemba won 27T Brushed

Remats won TT01 and Slider.

The whole event was a great success and the competition was top notch with 22 racers entered in the 13.5 brushless class. There was a A B and C main with bump ups which made for exiting racing.

I never participated in an Oval event of this scale and I came away very impressed with the racers. The starts were clean, there was a professional atmosphere in the pits and the guys who made the A main really put on a show.

Thanks to all who travelled for the event and also a big pat on the back for Chuck and Doug who did a great job running the event.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:52 PM   #2688
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 103
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to goinbrokeracin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
Congradulations to Bob Rhodes - The winner of the first innaugural Oval 13.5 TRS Championship race!

Rhodes outduled local ace Gerald Markle for the 13.5 win.

Kalemba won 27T Brushed

Remats won TT01 and Slider.

The whole event was a great success and the competition was top notch with 22 racers entered in the 13.5 brushless class. There was a A B and C main with bump ups which made for exiting racing.

I never participated in an Oval event of this scale and I came away very impressed with the racers. The starts were clean, there was a professional atmosphere in the pits and the guys who made the A main really put on a show.

Thanks to all who travelled for the event and also a big pat on the back for Chuck and Doug who did a great job running the event.
Thanks Ed. What a great event. Hats off to the TRS crew for putting on a great race. Our entire crew had a great time. All the guys kept going on and on about how nice everybody was to us. A lot of tracks could learn a thing or two from TRS when it comes to racer hospitality. Keep up the great work guys. Bob Rhodes
goinbrokeracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:45 AM   #2689
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2
Default

RacesSeldom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:49 PM   #2690
Tech Master
 
Ed237's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dudley PA
Posts: 1,431
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

As per the website:

Touring Car 4 week mini-series starts this Friday thanks to Blizzard Graphics.

And there will be a change in the road course.

Get em ready!
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:18 PM   #2691
Tech Regular
 
pipester's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Altoona , PA
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Ed , Brad, Brent , PM's !!
__________________
When in doubt, throttle it out!
pipester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:40 AM   #2692
Tech Regular
 
fastestcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 487
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
As per the website:

Touring Car 4 week mini-series starts this Friday thanks to Blizzard Graphics.

And there will be a change in the road course.

Get em ready!
the series is for all classes not just touring car
fastestcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:16 AM   #2693
Tech Master
 
Ed237's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dudley PA
Posts: 1,431
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

In that case, Get them All ready!

Due to the slowness here on RC Tech lately I was wondering if anyone else thinks its time for us to find a new home for our forum.

I was thinking about Hobbytalk.com or even going back to our original Radio Control Zone site:

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=195700

I ressurected the old thread. Its kind of weird reading about what was going on back in 2007. I hope Sam found a buyer for that charger and Wolfson was talking about how a 4wd vehicle would be a lot easier to drive at our outdoor track. And Foreman wanted a CRT.5 instead of an 1/8 Buggy?

Last edited by Ed237; 02-19-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:01 PM   #2694
Tech Champion
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,564
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
In that case, Get them All ready!

Due to the slowness here on RC Tech lately I was wondering if anyone else thinks its time for us to find a new home for our forum.

I was thinking about Hobbytalk.com or even going back to our original Radio Control Zone site:

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=195700

I ressurected the old thread. Its kind of weird reading about what was going on back in 2007. I hope Sam found a buyer for that charger and Wolfson was talking about how a 4wd vehicle would be a lot easier to drive at our outdoor track. And Foreman wanted a CRT.5 instead of an 1/8 Buggy?
ed,
rc tech has been super slow and there has been people complaining somewhere i read....i dont know if i want to go back to the old forum.
i like rc tech no doubt.....but this slow crap sucks....

another touring points season fling huh...is this just individual or teams again..?

i got my sphere today in the mail....but the directions the guy gave me are in like german or something..i will have to download directions off there website or something.i also got a orion 10.5 with it..it dousnt sounds to healthy though.sounds like a mini engine turning over.....
__________________
AE/VIPER/XPERT/DIRTCHEAPRC.COM/JCONCEPTS
A big thx to all the tracks that I race at:cause if it wasnt for these guys..we wouldnt have a place to race our r/c cars!!!
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:13 PM   #2695
Tech Champion
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,564
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

i went to the old forum...i couldnt remember my pasword......hhmmmm
__________________
AE/VIPER/XPERT/DIRTCHEAPRC.COM/JCONCEPTS
A big thx to all the tracks that I race at:cause if it wasnt for these guys..we wouldnt have a place to race our r/c cars!!!
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:54 PM   #2696
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bmore MD
Posts: 302
Send a message via AIM to T. Taylor
Default

I hate to say it but the other site (not the purple one) is way faster. I'm not sure what it is here at RCtech but man it takes forever to get to the threads and sometimes even longer to get to an idividual thread. Lately I get ALOT of the failure to connect messages. It's getting old having to attempt getting to one thread mulitple times and sometimes never getting to it
T. Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:43 PM   #2697
Tech Master
 
gixxerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,486
Default

I agree! This forums irritation factor is too much for me! To damn slow anymore, and when you want to post you got to screw around with it! I'm up for starting a thread over at HT! Anyone else think that's a good idea?
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #2698
Tech Elite
 
d4man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,634
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Yep, forum's been slow here. Did you guys know that someone acquired the forum????
__________________
The greatest trick the devil pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist...
I always thought I had a pretty good imagination, but it turned out to be just my imagination.
------
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:41 PM   #2699
Tech Regular
 
pipester's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Altoona , PA
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

my vote would be to just go back to the zone , I was just there and it worked fine ! plus we allready have a thread started there .


RacesSeldom...........PM !
__________________
When in doubt, throttle it out!
pipester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:12 AM   #2700
Tech Elite
 
d4man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,634
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Ow Gixx.......hit'em hard...

I am afraid this place is going downhill with the lagggggg......
__________________
The greatest trick the devil pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist...
I always thought I had a pretty good imagination, but it turned out to be just my imagination.
------
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALTOONA RACEWAY 1/10 SCALE ELECTRIC TROPHY RACE gixxerman Racing Forum 2 08-13-2008 03:17 PM
R/C Pilots Welsome at the Altoona Raceway - Altoona, PA Reznor88 RC Flight 0 01-14-2008 06:11 PM
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING AT THE ALTOONA RACEWAY - ALTOONA, PA Reznor88 Racing Forum 1 01-14-2008 06:10 PM
SPECIAL EVENTS COMING AT THE ALTOONA RACEWAY - ALTOONA, PA Reznor88 Electric On-Road 0 01-06-2008 05:27 PM
altoona raceway morris Racing Forum 0 05-26-2007 09:13 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:12 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net