R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-29-2008, 05:12 AM   #2551
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Brian,
Dont take my post the wrong way, I didnt realize you were dealing with a technical difficulties. That changes everything. Three weeks prior I took out Hockenberry and probably cost him a win when my ESC cut out on the straight. I also recall attempting to turn around after I wrecked during a touring car race 4 weeks ago and inadvertently took out Doug. What goes around comes around I guess! Thats racing.

Drifthead,
Offroad Practicing and/or racing wont start until sometime April depending on the weather. We didnt have very many truggies last year. I recall a few times last they had to combine combine monster truck and truggy. But things change a lot year to year. 2 years ago, we had a lot of truggies.

It only takes 3 vehicles to make a class. But if you want to run every weekend against a lot of competition you may want to start checking out 1/8 buggies.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:19 AM   #2552
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
ed,
thats fine man first come first serve right...?
no hard feelings its yours......question is what did you buy at trs...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
Thats a nice shell!

Matt, I got a one-way and a set of Jaco Green Tires or my TA05 and I got a new 4 cell battery + front and rear tires for my L4. It adds up quick.

I really like the one-way. I cant say I'm much faster with it in, but the car felt like it was 100 grams lighter with it in. The steering improved a lot, especially on exit, but the downside was that getting into the corners became a little unpredictable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
ed,
how do i post pics on the thread here..?
i got pics on photobucket and trying to post on the thread that i got stuff for sale but i cant figure out how to do it....please help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifthead View Post
I know its in a field but when are practice laps able to be taken? I'm planning on racing this season and wanting to get some practice. How much to be a member? Would a 1/8 scale truck be able to run in a class?
Morris, you have 1500 posts on this forum and you have no idea about Icons or how to post pics? I will set up a tutorial for you Friday night! Also Matt, do not let Ed fool you what he needs the money for is the RC8 that he bought last week at TRS. BTW congrats again edward on the purchase of your 1/8th scale and stick with it, like you said, it's alot better than those tiny little 2wd trucks! I'll have the money for the GT2 this Friday!!!!!!!

Drifthead all the info you need is here: http://www.altoonaraceway.com/SummerRacing.html
Do you have a 8th scale Monster Truck or Truggy? We probably will not be able to get on the outdoor track and practice until it dries out a little!!!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:36 AM   #2553
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE View Post
Ed I try my best to get out of the way of you guys, I usually crash trying to move out the way! I must say my car is out to lunch along with my ability so far for adjusting to the speed of the 13.5. With my nerf bar broke early in that race my car pulled all over the place when it was scrubbing my right rear tire. I was constantly looking down at my radio to adjust my steering trim as I had no idea what my problem was with my car hooking till after the race. I should have just pulled it.As to the 1.45 mark Im sorry,I generally try to let the leaders go. I guess I should sit out for awhile and get a better grip on things so I dont get in the way. Sorry again Brian Daugherty
Brian sitting out will not make you any better. Like discussed before it's hard to move out of the way for a faster car but something that is definatley important especially in NASCAR! In qualifying not letting someone go will slow both of you! Remember your racing the clock only and no one else. So if someone is gaining on you lap after lap and all over the bumper lift for a second and let him pass, and put a little distance between you and him so you don't mess him up in a turn! As far as Mains go if your having a big problem where you need to adjust your radio or something major pull the car, figure out whats wrong and if plausible head back out! Doing this could have possibly saved your rear tire Friday night. Two weeks ago I took out the dominating car accidentaly (spun out in front of the Hockster) which caused me to pull my car and find out why it was running so horribly! So don't feel as though you should not be racing because of one bad night, if that was the case no one would ever race again, hell just ask Brent...........it's every Friday night for him!
Old 01-29-2008, 07:22 AM   #2554
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
Brian sitting out will not make you any better. Like discussed before it's hard to move out of the way for a faster car but something that is definatley important especially in NASCAR! In qualifying not letting someone go will slow both of you! Remember your racing the clock only and no one else. So if someone is gaining on you lap after lap and all over the bumper lift for a second and let him pass, and put a little distance between you and him so you don't mess him up in a turn! As far as Mains go if your having a big problem where you need to adjust your radio or something major pull the car, figure out whats wrong and if plausible head back out! Doing this could have possibly saved your rear tire Friday night. Two weeks ago I took out the dominating car accidentaly (spun out in front of the Hockster) which caused me to pull my car and find out why it was running so horribly! So don't feel as though you should not be racing because of one bad night, if that was the case no one would ever race again, hell just ask Brent...........it's every Friday night for him!

So you notice that too? My car seems to be almost perfect in the heats but soon as I throw it on the track for a main something goes to s*it. I am going to get a new shock and new rear rubbers, hopefully that will help. also going to keep an eye on the servo plug (is was not pushed in the whole way on friday that is why i clipped Ed and also y the car was going every where but stright) and once again why i had to pull the car in the main.....i think that is 3 weeks in a row....it has all got to come together soon!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 07:31 AM   #2555
Tech Elite

2wd trucks rule, its the 1/8th scales that make you a hack.....

Congrats on your RC8 Ed....You won't be disappointed......I am contemplating getting one soon so I can hack you and Brad......
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:02 AM   #2556
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4man View Post
2wd trucks rule, its the 1/8th scales that make you a hack.....

Congrats on your RC8 Ed....You won't be disappointed......I am contemplating getting one soon so I can hack you and Brad......
Foreman, shut up before I send my daughter to beat your a$$!!!!!!
BTW were still waiting for you to show up on a Friday night!!!! Feb 16th is our Oval Championship, when your done a McColloughs come over and hang!

Brent........... it will all come together soon! I'm leaving the doughnuts on my car! Get those shocks rebuilt or replaced!!

IcEnUtZ I see you lurking on here frequently.......got anything to say?
Old 01-29-2008, 08:51 AM   #2557
Tech Elite

It's spelled Forman

Did you check out our A-Main videos from the other day? If not, head over to the Trash Talk Forum and look for the A-Main Video thread....
Old 01-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #2558
Tech Master

Quote:
It's spelled Forman

Did you check out our A-Main videos from the other day? If not, head over to the Trash Talk Forum and look for the A-Main Video thread....
Nice work Mr. ForEman!!!!!!! It takes a steady hand to keep up with those things. When did you take that up?

I'll spell It the way I see fit! If you want a explanation for the E I will give it to you. Otherwise mind your own spell check!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:57 AM   #2559
Tech Master

Quote:
It's spelled Forman

Double Post............This piece of garbage forum is running like one of Rematts cars!!!!!!!!

Last edited by gixxerman; 01-29-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:14 AM   #2560
Tech Master

No congradulations are needed - I'm not buying a RC8 or any other 1/8 scale buggy!
Old 01-29-2008, 10:24 AM   #2561
Tech Master

Deleted - Double post - the forum is glitching worse than a Hitec HFX esc today.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:32 AM   #2562
Tech Elite

Quote:
No congradulations are needed - I'm not buying a RC8 or any other 1/8 scale buggy!
Awww
Old 01-29-2008, 10:32 AM   #2563
Tech Elite

Gixx, you crack me up......
Old 01-29-2008, 10:33 AM   #2564
Tech Master

Quote:
Sorry Ed, I forgot I was not supposed to let the cat out of the bag until the start of our outdoor season! Congrads anyway!!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 05:26 PM   #2565
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

gixx,
to the right of my screen i got little faces...i dont see no kits....ambulances or motorcycles or whatever...

plus my pc sucks a$$.

and yes i am comoputer illiterate or however you spell it....lol