R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 06-13-2007, 08:15 AM   #226
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to Chris Wolfson Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Wolfson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallshouse View Post
i have both the touring car ultimate setup station and the 1/8 one, i swear by them both! hudy also makes the toe guage for truggys as a seperate part. i went and bought a tempered glass cutting board to use as a setup board and its about half the price of the hudy one......make sure if you get one to get something level to check the car on becuase these things are sensitive. not sure who this is (cant get used to the screen names here), but i always have mine with me if you wanna check it out before getting one.
Don't forget that you can always get a setup board from Gary at Vinyl Graphics Unlimited with your paintjob and any sponsor logos on it - anything you want on it actually. I know some of you have probably seen mine when I'm at the track. They are really sweet and probably cheaper than Hudy, although I don't know how much the Hudy stuff is.
Chris Wolfson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:28 PM   #227
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jallshouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wolfson View Post
Don't forget that you can always get a setup board from Gary at Vinyl Graphics Unlimited with your paintjob and any sponsor logos on it - anything you want on it actually. I know some of you have probably seen mine when I'm at the track. They are really sweet and probably cheaper than Hudy, although I don't know how much the Hudy stuff is.
i definatly need to get ahold of gary, i would like to get one that will work for both touring car and 1/8th scale
jallshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:34 PM   #228
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovell View Post
Jeremy,
Carpet and offroad are two different types of racing.
Carpet-cars are 'tight' with controled track surface.
Off-road-cars are designed to have 'slop' at the pivot points to make them easier to drive.

Take an off road vehicle with the tires on(that is how it is raced) and drop it to check camber and you will get different reading almost every time.

Even if you put a piece of paper under the tire that you are checking so it doesn't grab the surface, it would still read different. That's a fact!

I think getting the balance of the car is way more important than a 1/4 degree of camber!

Check the balance of the 8ight and it is not as close as one may think.

C.R.
C.R.

obvously there are a few schools of thought on how to setup a car, but i am not going to argue about it even if you try to prove me wrong as you have so far.....like i said in my original post i like my hudy stuff becuase its easy to use and you dont need a bunch of misc. gauges to do the job. the guy asked for opinions and i gave mine
Old 06-13-2007, 03:03 PM   #229
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Default Fun Fun

Well, I got the Jammin up and running today, Had a few issues, namely I had very little break until Pipester made me double check everything and I found out that I had the EPA's set wrong 125% throttle and 60% break, no wonder I couldnt stop, Issue 2 as of Right now I have no way to charge my reciever pack, so I didnt want to run it too long for fear of a run away, 3 no temp gun, dont want to melt it yet, getting a temp. gun tomarrow.

Now heres my biggest problem, NO STARTER BOX pegs!!!! Does anyone have extra pegs or know of something that i can use in place of them??

Thanks
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #230
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
Well, I got the Jammin up and running today, Had a few issues, namely I had very little break until Pipester made me double check everything and I found out that I had the EPA's set wrong 125% throttle and 60% break, no wonder I couldnt stop, Issue 2 as of Right now I have no way to charge my reciever pack, so I didnt want to run it too long for fear of a run away, 3 no temp gun, dont want to melt it yet, getting a temp. gun tomarrow.

Now heres my biggest problem, NO STARTER BOX pegs!!!! Does anyone have extra pegs or know of something that i can use in place of them??

Thanks
do you have a charger that you can adjust the amps? if you do just turn it down to tha appropriate level....ex. 1100mah would be 1.1 1400mah would be 1.4 etc.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:16 PM   #231
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamz28 View Post
My name is Steve and I have been to Altoona a few times for my son Shawn to race his Revo. We will be coming up to Altoona this weekend for him to race again. I am actually going to get a Hyper ST from Doug and Chuck today so I can race with the boy on Sundays. I wanted to stay out of the monster truck class so if I beat him he doesn't yell at me.

Shawn at Altoona http://www.altoonaraceway.com/images/042107_017.jpg

I would like to see the setup board if you have it along this Sunday and thanks for offering.
i remember your son....stop by and you can check it out
Old 06-13-2007, 05:34 PM   #232
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallshouse View Post
do you have a charger that you can adjust the amps? if you do just turn it down to tha appropriate level....ex. 1100mah would be 1.1 1400mah would be 1.4 etc.

Maybe I wrote that wrong. I was worried about melting the motor not the reciever pack.

but thanks for the help

Good news, Talked to Dan "the carpet man" Harding, and hes is planning his return on sunday w/a mod truck!!

Any ideas for the starter box pegs??
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:51 PM   #233
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Pegs ?!? You could try lowes . maybe they would have plastic dowl rod that you could drill and screw to your box !
pipester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:56 PM   #234
Tech Apprentice

As long as your starter box lid has slots in it, any bolts w/nuts will do. Just install them from the underside, keep the nuts loose (you just go to town with that Ice/Gix ), and slide them around to where you want them then tighten the nuts. This is not sano, but it will do in a pinch.

Jim's idea is prettier.

-Chris
Lux Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:10 AM   #235
Tech Adept

We are off to Detroit so set your Tevos and VCRs for the NASCAR race because on lap 80 there will be a caution for a naked guy running on the track with "TRS Hobbies" written on his chest and "Dale Jr was here" written on his ass!

Chuck and Doug, no worry about a fee for the advertising it is on me, literally!

iCeNuTz
Old 06-14-2007, 07:39 AM   #236
Tech Elite

Budweiser8: What are you gonna do now that Jr's gone to HMS?? Any predictions on what his new number will be?? Will he win championships?

Wolfson: those things from Gary cost an arm and a leg. What if you kink the imitation cardboard? It's ruined forever! And did I mention the cost? 10000% profit for GW.
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:11 AM   #237
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4man View Post
Budweiser8: What are you gonna do now that Jr's gone to HMS?? Any predictions on what his new number will be?? Will he win championships?

Wolfson: those things from Gary cost an arm and a leg. What if you kink the imitation cardboard? It's ruined forever! And did I mention the cost? 10000% profit for GW.

Dave it was a sad day in Nascar Tuesday when we all learned the FATE of Dale Jr.
I personaly had hoped for Gibbs to pick him up and run a #33 car. That 33 will be my prediction for his number next year. and........NO he will not win a chapionship next year because Hendrick's bread an butter is #24, therefor Jr. will not be running the best equipped car in that stable.

If Chuck is a NASCAR #8 fan I did not know about it, but here is my take on the screen name

1: Budweiser--------Favorite beverage of CHOICE

2:8-------One of 15 buggies he has owned since this outdoor season began......since he 's a LOSI guy!!!!!

IcEnUtZ..........I have nothing to say but good luck and go for it, I'd pay to see that. As far as the Dale Jr. sighn you could not have hit the nail on the head any better being that his new "CREW" all like that part specifaclly on the MALE body!!!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:27 AM   #238
Tech Elite

Gixx: In all honesty, I could care less where Jr goes. Yes, it would have been nice to see him win a championship at DEI. I thought we would goto RCR. HMS is the bar at which at which all Cup teams measure themselves against. If you listen to drivers who have won championships, including Rick Hendrick, they will say that NASCAR is a people sport. Jimmy Johnson and Jeff Gordon's team are gelling right now. My prediction is that Jr will win a championship at HMS. I loosely follow NASCAR and I hardly watch it anymore because I am so sick and tired of NASCAR micro managing every last detail of these teams lives. I cant stand the Chase, I hate Mike Helton and Brian France needs to just disappear. I was talking to someone at TRS one day, and they too, where sick of NASCAR and the Phantom cautions, and all the BS that comes along with the growth of NA$CAR popularity. I, for one am glad that NA$CAR's ratings are dropping.
NOT a member of Team Terribles!

Last edited by d4man; 06-14-2007 at 09:09 AM.
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:51 AM   #239
Tech Regular

Does anyone have a 14mm bearing puller? I can't get the rear bearing out of my crankcase to replace it. I heated up the case about 4 times last night and usually they come right out with a couple small taps but this ones a PITA!

Like this...see bottom of the page
http://www.ofna.com/tool-misc.html
KARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:16 PM   #240
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think NASCAR is still the best form of auto racing in the world. 30+ races with 43 cars and lots of wrecks and cautions at nearly 200 mph - what's not to like?

After winning his 5th championship this year, I expect Jeff Gordon to play an instrumental role in helping Dale get his first championship somehwere in 2008-2009. Because by that time, he'll be looking to get out, and the only thing he'll have left to prove to NASCAR fans is that he's not the anti-Christ!

After his run with Hendrick is over 10 years from now, people will be saying that Dale Jr would have one 4 or 5 championships if he had just started off with a good team like Hendrick in the first place. And by that time, DEI will be re-named TEI.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote