R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 12-30-2007, 10:28 AM   #2341
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
Note to all NASCAR racers at TRS, to reiterate Ed's post, we debued the brushless 13.5 pan car Friday night. What a blast!!!! I was given the opportunity to drive the car in the second round of qualifying and I can assure you those who ran it will never run a brushed motor again! On the unfortunate side the brushless car was ABSOLUTLEY no comparison to the brushed version, the BL car has a ton of torque off of the bottom end and a more linear powerband. I along with Ed plan on having our cars brushless next Friday, anyone with questions please ask Ed or myself! So heres the plan so far....

I too got the chance to run the car in the main and wow . I started the race with out a tp and left the brushed guys go . i was able to catch them about two min in . I then pulled in and Ed put a tp in the car and about the three min mark i was still able to turn a 4.9 / 4.8 sec lap no problem . made me think about doing it !! I seen you can get a novak xbr sport 13.5 system for about 175.00 ish wich is basicly what Ed had in the car . Keep in mind it's been about 15-20 years since i last ran an oval car and I had a blast ! Thanks Ed !!!

Last edited by pipester; 12-30-2007 at 02:44 PM.
pipester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:34 PM   #2342
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

TOM STOBER - Your definately moving up in the RC world! Your link is a big time 'shoutout' for all of us who race at the Altoona Raceway. Very cool.

Brushless NASCAR - Just like Pipester said, both Novak and LRP offer brushless systems (motors & escs) for around $175 or less. That is only $25 more than what a single GTX esc cost me a couple years ago. FYI - The ESC in my 10L4 Friday was a 3 or 4 year old $125 Novak SuperSport.

Back to McCulloughs? I dunno. We'll see!
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:31 PM   #2343
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Heres the dealey-o. I'm racing this coming weekend, then taking a week off from McCulloughs. The weekend of CRCRC, McCullough's is having a Nitro Only Race. That weekend, I am racing Friday Night at RC Alley/Avenue.
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:47 PM   #2344
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

well, lots of thingd happened this past weekend......first off i butsted teh sway bar on my real car, thanks to Dan i was able to get one on friday but could not get it in the car in time to race.

2nd......As of thurs. I will offically be a single man again (the papers will be signed)

3rd.....I am ready for brushless and i will be there on friday......chuck, doug, ed, brad...work your magic and have my stuff ordered and there for friday. I assume that we are all running GTB's w/13.5 if so order that. If anything has changed then just order me what i need

thanks
Old 12-30-2007, 05:17 PM   #2345
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4man View Post
Heres the dealey-o. I'm racing this coming weekend, then taking a week off from McCulloughs. The weekend of CRCRC, McCullough's is having a Nitro Only Race. That weekend, I am racing Friday Night at RC Alley/Avenue.
What ........... carpet for you on a friday night ??
Old 12-30-2007, 05:55 PM   #2346
Tech Elite

Yeah I figured f&@k it, it's only a couple miles from my house and it looked like fun when I was there watching this past Friday.
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:58 PM   #2347
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

dang brent single already........?

what up with that...?
Old 12-30-2007, 06:17 PM   #2348
Tech Adept

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMFV8&P=SM

tamiya f1 car is available, what do you guys think?
Old 12-30-2007, 09:03 PM   #2349
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Doug, I did some searching around. The Tamiya F201GT is a 1/10 2wd car made to run with rubber tires, but, unfortunately, it doesnt come with a F1 type body. Nor does it have a F1 conversion kit.

Its possible to retrofit the old Tamiya F1 bodies, but the front wings would never hold up. Maybe somebody else can a conversion somewhere.

They certainly look interesting, and the price is right, and I think standard size lipos might fit right in.

Last edited by Ed237; 12-31-2007 at 06:27 AM.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:39 AM   #2350
Tech Champion

would you race them road course?
Old 12-31-2007, 10:46 AM   #2351
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

What does touring look like for this Friday? Looking to make the long trip up again for some fun and testing of some new stuff. Have a nice new lid to try out to. Actually it was the one for you Matt. Wait til you see how bad ass it looks.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:50 AM   #2352
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
What does touring look like for this Friday? Looking to make the long trip up again for some fun and testing of some new stuff. Have a nice new lid to try out to. Actually it was the one for you Matt. Wait til you see how bad ass it looks.
brian,
touring cars....prolly all the same people there.i will be doing some new testing myself for i am going brushless this week...so im going to be mainly concentrating on getting it set-up and stuff.

wait till you see the lid i got done from lux....its pretty tight to.....
Old 12-31-2007, 10:55 AM   #2353
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
brian,
touring cars....prolly all the same people there.i will be doing some new testing myself for i am going brushless this week...so im going to be mainly concentrating on getting it set-up and stuff.

wait till you see the lid i got done from lux....its pretty tight to.....
Cool. I have some brushless stuff to test as well. I'm running in my offroad car at this time but will switch to my touring car for Friday. Don't have the newest Orion 13.5 though so I will have to run the orignal one that is slower than the new improved version with no fan built in. Suppose to have more bottom end rip than the older version.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:26 PM   #2354
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

new track for friday!!!! I just got off my secret communication device that allows me to contact certain people in Saxton PA and I was informed that the oval is getting a whole new make over for the new year, including som really fancy cornors with 4 coats of clear coat and a VICTORY LANE!!!

I am beginning to think there is nothing to do in Saxton as Dan "the touring car man" Harding not only is totally unstoppable in the touring car but pretty solid in pan car PLUS he seems to have unlimited time to build new cornors for oval and a dirt oval for tt-01!!!

I cant wait till friday to see Dan and Brian do battle its going to be good!!!!!

On a side note I might be out for Friday, I talked to Chuck and the speeder that i ordered might not make it here for Friday......but if nothing else i can run the computer.....i am noy going to miss the Dan and Brian show!!
Old 01-01-2008, 04:24 AM   #2355
Tech Champion

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY........