R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 12-21-2007, 01:38 PM   #2266
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisWolfson

Merry Christmas Roeder....Hopefully Santa brings you all kinds of Orion goodies.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:28 PM   #2267
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

i had a good time tonight.....

next thing ya know we will be breaking the 35 lap pace....

merry x-mas everybody...............
Old 12-22-2007, 12:34 PM   #2268
Tech Champion

gixx,
you have a pm from me......
Old 12-22-2007, 02:33 PM   #2269
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

4MAN , Untill next time ............... TAG , YOUR IT !!!
Old 12-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #2270
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm kind of beat - just did a lot of racing, pan car, touring car, mod truc with not much to show except that maybe I'm better for it.

Congrads to Dan H - His TC5 was awesome Friday night. And also to Gerald and his can of Wd40.

Good job Jim and D4Man for making a tough Mod Truck AMain at McCulloughs.

Icenutz - PM

Happy Hollidays Wolfson and Roeder. Good luck at CRCRC (if you're going).
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:22 PM   #2271
Tech Champion

ed,
hey whats up....?

im looking to getting brushless.im not sure how much longer its going to be till i get one.but im hoping sooner that later.

i would like to see if im faster with a brushless set-up vs.brushed.
like my car feels real good for about 3 minutes...after that i feel it slowing up.

am i wrong or did i have the fastest lap ever on track b?

like a 10.5 something or other..
Old 12-23-2007, 06:17 AM   #2272
Tech Rookie

Default Hey there! from the Cove

Just stumbled into here, and thought I'd say ...Hey!

I also stumbled up Cayuga the other day while x-mas shopping and found where the raceway is. Thought there was a hobby shop there somewhere?

The boy (14) and I (50... old man) wanna stop by and check out the races some time. We dont have anything to race indoors right now. Unless a 10 yr old Blackfoot (stock) has a chance.... probably not. We did buy a bunch of used nitro stuff about a month ago. We got a pair of T-Maxx's, an HPI MT (1?), and an OFNA buggy/truck thing, not really sure what it is. The ofna needs a little work. The hpi runs well, but I need some help with a radio problem....I think it just needs a new receiver. The 2= Tmaxx's run well, and we have been running them. We hang out w/ the neighbor and his boy, they have 3= Tmaxx's.

The boy and I are newbies, so dont make fun of my dumb questions OK?

I did race the Blackfoot once or twice about 10-15 yrs ago ...down at Williamsburg ...anybody race there then?

I wonder if the new go cart track at Curryville would make a good place to run nitro's? I've been by it, but never stopped. We have only had a few chances to run ours so far. Thats been in the yard and on the ballfield nearby. I'm anxious for spring, I wanna play on the motocross track and the slate bank next door. I'm not sure that we will do any racing, but I wanna come check it out. By the way... where is the Altoona outdoor track?

Anyhow....until later
Wainzoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 08:52 AM   #2273
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wainzoid View Post
Just stumbled into here, and thought I'd say ...Hey!

I also stumbled up Cayuga the other day while x-mas shopping and found where the raceway is. Thought there was a hobby shop there somewhere?

The boy (14) and I (50... old man) wanna stop by and check out the races some time. We dont have anything to race indoors right now. Unless a 10 yr old Blackfoot (stock) has a chance.... probably not. We did buy a bunch of used nitro stuff about a month ago. We got a pair of T-Maxx's, an HPI MT (1?), and an OFNA buggy/truck thing, not really sure what it is. The ofna needs a little work. The hpi runs well, but I need some help with a radio problem....I think it just needs a new receiver. The 2= Tmaxx's run well, and we have been running them. We hang out w/ the neighbor and his boy, they have 3= Tmaxx's.

The boy and I are newbies, so dont make fun of my dumb questions OK?

I did race the Blackfoot once or twice about 10-15 yrs ago ...down at Williamsburg ...anybody race there then?

I wonder if the new go cart track at Curryville would make a good place to run nitro's? I've been by it, but never stopped. We have only had a few chances to run ours so far. Thats been in the yard and on the ballfield nearby. I'm anxious for spring, I wanna play on the motocross track and the slate bank next door. I'm not sure that we will do any racing, but I wanna come check it out. By the way... where is the Altoona outdoor track?

Anyhow....until later
HI Wainzoid ,

The out door track is located over behind the ceaser battiste club by the road that takes you to the horseshoe curve . The hobby shop is inside the building you seen the other day with the carpet track . The best bet is to call them or visit the web site and drop an email there . The shop cell phone is 207-0997 And the web site is http://www.altoonaraceway.com

In this hobby thier is no such thing as a stupid question !! Any question ya have don't be affraid to ask !

I think you guys need to check out the track . you say that ya don't want to race but i think you guys would have a blast if ya did . Don't be affraid to show up with your stuff and enter a race !

Hope to see ya soon ! Jim

Last edited by pipester; 12-23-2007 at 09:48 AM.
pipester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:04 AM   #2274
Tech Master

Hey Wainzoid, Welcome back to RC. It sounds like you've rediscovered how much fun torturing remote control vehicles can be! The best thing you could do at this point is to stop by the track Friday night while we are racing and talk to the owners, Chuck and Doug, or any of us in the pits.

Everybody at the track is really helpfull, but, honestly, most of us have never owned monster trucks or Traxxas products so we mght not have the answers you're looking for. But we'll do the best we can.

Just a few years ago monster trucks used to be really popular but now the most popular class at any race track you will go to is 1/8 buggy. And Altoona is no exception. If you are serious about getting into racing you might want to check the hobby shop website because they have an awesome special on RTR 1/8 Buggies for under $300.

http://www.altoonaraceway.com/TRACK.html

I've not seen the new go cart track in currysville, but I'm assuming its on-road and they usually have have cement curbs which are too unforgiving to race RCs on. The out door track is located behind the parking lot of the Ceasar Battiste Club at 3909 Beale Avenue, Altoona. It might not look like much now, but by spring, it will be ready for anothe season.

Hopefully we'll see you one of these Friday nights.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:31 AM   #2275
Tech Master

Matt, The results are up and you did have the fastest track 'B' lap so far - a 10.5. If you dropped off, it wasnt by too much because your next to last lap was also a 10.9!

The results from the touring car A Main were just about as tight as we could get. All of 5 us in a train running nearly identical lap times on the same lap spaced about by 12 seconds. For the life of me, I dont recall ever being a main like that. I think only 1 car needed marshalled for the entire main which I think is truly remarkable.

If you go brushless get the GTB or Sphere ESCs and a 13.5 motor with a sintered rotor. But if money is an issue, there is nothing wrong with the Novak XRB 13.5 motor and ESC combo for under $175. The ESC can run down to an 8.5 brushless and no motor limit brushed. Its a good deal even though the motor is not sintered.

Just be ready to gear up. Way up.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:40 AM   #2276
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
Matt, The results are up and you did have the fastest track 'B' lap so far - a 10.5. If you dropped off, it wasnt by too much because your next to last lap was also a 10.9!

The results from the touring car A Main were just about as tight as we could get. All of 5 us in a train running nearly identical lap times on the same lap spaced about by 12 seconds. For the life of me, I dont recall ever being a main like that. I think only 1 car needed marshalled for the entire main which I think is truly remarkable.

If you go brushless get the GTB or Sphere ESCs and a 13.5 motor with a sintered rotor. But if money is an issue, there is nothing wrong with the Novak XRB 13.5 motor and ESC combo for under $175. The ESC can run down to an 8.5 brushless and no motor limit brushed. Its a good deal even though the motor is not sintered.

Just be ready to gear up. Way up.
i here ya ed.i was justwondering to myself if i would be faster...plus i would have more time to chill and hang out n chatnstuff.instead of cutting motors...lol

i would reqlly like to get the tekin r1.
but who knows when it willcome out.
as for the novak you mentioned.i think i would go with the lrp before that...

i dont know will see what happens in the future.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:12 AM   #2277
Tech Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp8jIPaX9BM ........... The MAN tree of all man trees !!!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 08:27 AM   #2278
Tech Champion

wow jim i wonder how long it took them to drink all that beer...?
Old 12-24-2007, 09:46 AM   #2279
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
wow jim i wonder how long it took them to drink all that beer...?
not sure but thats a $h!t pile o beer for three peeps to be drinking !!!
Old 12-24-2007, 10:39 AM   #2280
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipester View Post
not sure but thats a $h!t pile o beer for three peeps to be drinking !!!
yea i know...plus they had that tree up in no time at all.
i wonder ohw much speed they were on...?......lol....