R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 12-16-2007, 09:36 PM   #2236
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

We're still out here but there's not much to talk about right now. Maybe's everyone's wrenching on their stuff or whatever.

But since you mentioned it, my non-TRF team T&A&B TA05 went from a pretender to a contender last Friday just by switching springs around. Now I'm trying to refrain from making more changes, but I can't help myself. At least I have a decent base setup to fall back on.

It goes to show that if your car is really hard to drive fast, you need to work on your setup.

I've been making some changes to my T4 too and there's a definate possibility that a few of us will be making a road trip to McCulloughs Saturday. I understand Mod Truck could be big on the 22nd. Why should we let D4Man have all the fun?
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:37 AM   #2237
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post

I've been making some changes to my T4 too and there's a definate possibility that a few of us will be making a road trip to McCulloughs Saturday. I understand Mod Truck could be big on the 22nd. Why should we let D4Man have all the fun?
Ready and waiting. According to Jimmy, ITS ON BEATCHES!!!!!!!!!!
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:59 PM   #2238
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastestcat View Post
yo el retardo or whatever your name is.. if you would look into what you are talking about you would see that the F1 cars are 1/10 scale....
You should talk COW TIPPIN, Backwoods Tool! The NEW F-1 or NEW GENERATION F-1 Car is definatley 1:12th SCALE The old one is 1:10th, if you read on it says that the NEW GENERATION F-1 is completley interchangeable with the SP12x, which is one of those JUNK 12th scales, if your not tooooo busy stealing wheel and tire combos off your neighbors house trailer later here's the link http://international.corally.com/def...ernational.htm just click on cars on the top left hand side of the page and scroll down to NEW GENERATION F-1! Oh and by the way BACKWOODS TOOL there's a write up on it in the new X-treme Rc available at TRS, I will buy you a copy friday night so I can stuff it down your throat!

Last edited by gixxerman; 12-17-2007 at 02:14 PM.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:46 PM   #2239
Tech Elite

Old 12-17-2007, 03:19 PM   #2240
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
We're still out here but there's not much to talk about right now. Maybe's everyone's wrenching on their stuff or whatever.

But since you mentioned it, my non-TRF team T&A&B TA05 went from a pretender to a contender last Friday just by switching springs around. Now I'm trying to refrain from making more changes, but I can't help myself. At least I have a decent base setup to fall back on.

It goes to show that if your car is really hard to drive fast, you need to work on your setup.

Only way to get faster is by trying new stuff to see and checking laptimes to see if it made the car mor consistant and faster.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:20 PM   #2241
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4man View Post

Enough corn for two?? , this is going to be good !
Old 12-18-2007, 11:51 AM   #2242
Tech Adept

Progress update:

After being dissapointed with the performance of the bobcat 'rockhound' last summer and calling every excavating and landscape products business within fify miles of toon town, I found a place that has screening equipment, sells both clay and topsoil, and actually spoke english and sounded like a legitimate business. When TRS decides to rebuild the offroad track in 2008, I am going to buy approximately 60 - 80 tons of a 50%, 50% mixture of screened clay and screened topsoil respectively, and I have an excavator lined up to do the heavy lifting. I got a chance to correspond via email with rep from CRCRC in Columbus regarding offroad track building and they indicated they use a 50/50 screened clay/topsoil mixture, so i figured, why reinvent the wheel. Probably going to have to wait until the Month of May until the materials will be dry enough to screen properly. This material coupled with treatment with tide detergent (which I've read on track operator forums on rctech and was confirmed as a good soil additive by CRCRC) should make another marked improvement in, most importantly, the durability of the offroad surface so it will hopefully require less week-week maintenance. It may also change the tires we run, we'll have to wait and see, but in 1/8th scale, m2 or m3 bowties seem to work pretty well on every surface, I actually ran my best times at the RAC last summer on M3 bowties, of course, I was a C-main dweller but as far as personal-best, bowties is where were better for me than IJ's with ofna foams. Also, if we do not have onsite water next summer, I am lining up to buy a tank from tractor supply to give us a very good water supply to maintain the new surface. Probably also going to buy another pump (a honda of course)

I remember when Chuck and I organized the first meeting, four years ago, at Zach's Sports Bar and Mike Gelbke telling us, in his ever-present positive fashion, "there is just no way in hell this is going to work" Mike, if your still out there - stop by the track and go racing, its a ton of fun man - we'd love to have you back - seriously, don't you guys miss the Gary Foster and Mike Gelbke show?? In all seriousness, there is no racing without racers - you guys rock! (no pun intended intended when talking about offroad racing)

We will start the 08 season on the current surface with a slightly modified layout from the end of last year (more defined jumps), until the combination of materials, time, money, and weather align appropriatly to do a complete track rebuild with the new screened materials. (last year the track rebuild was done on thursday, friday and saturday of memorial day weekend in May to give you a timeframe perspective)

As always, the track layout will be in the best interests of both 1/8th scale and 1/10th scale racers alike and will be "parts-friendly" but it is waaaaaaayyyyyy tooooo cold out to be worried about that right now.

Friday night is another points series race and the touring car competition is hot and heavy. I practiced last night and spent time working on Bob Strittmatter's car to enhance the performance of all team inferno members, Bob's car is dialed and he practiced staying on the racing line last night, good job Robert! practice practice practice~!

Team Inferno - LAST TO FIRST BABY! but only by the slimest of margins, Mac and bob, lets get ready to ruuuuuuummmmmmbbbbbbllllleeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Let's go racing!
Old 12-18-2007, 11:51 AM   #2243
Tech Adept

Progress update:

After being dissapointed with the performance of the bobcat 'rockhound' last summer and calling every excavating and landscape products business within fify miles of toon town, I found a place that has screening equipment, sells both clay and topsoil, and actually spoke english and sounded like a legitimate business. When TRS decides to rebuild the offroad track in 2008, I am going to buy approximately 60 - 80 tons of a 50%, 50% mixture of screened clay and screened topsoil respectively, and I have an excavator lined up to do the heavy lifting. I got a chance to correspond via email with rep from CRCRC in Columbus regarding offroad track building and they indicated they use a 50/50 screened clay/topsoil mixture, so i figured, why reinvent the wheel. Probably going to have to wait until the Month of May until the materials will be dry enough to screen properly. This material coupled with treatment with tide detergent (which I've read on track operator forums on rctech and was confirmed as a good soil additive by CRCRC) should make another marked improvement in, most importantly, the durability of the offroad surface so it will hopefully require less week-week maintenance. It may also change the tires we run, we'll have to wait and see, but in 1/8th scale, m2 or m3 bowties seem to work pretty well on every surface, I actually ran my best times at the RAC last summer on M3 bowties, of course, I was a C-main dweller but as far as personal-best, bowties is where were better for me than IJ's with ofna foams. Also, if we do not have onsite water next summer, I am lining up to buy a tank from tractor supply to give us a very good water supply to maintain the new surface. Probably also going to buy another pump (a honda of course)

I remember when Chuck and I organized the first meeting, four years ago, at Zach's Sports Bar and Mike Gelbke telling us, in his ever-present positive fashion, "there is just no way in hell this is going to work" Mike, if your still out there - stop by the track and go racing, its a ton of fun man - we'd love to have you back - seriously, don't you guys miss the Gary Foster and Mike Gelbke show?? In all seriousness, there is no racing without racers - you guys rock! (no pun intended intended when talking about offroad racing)

We will start the 08 season on the current surface with a slightly modified layout from the end of last year (more defined jumps), until the combination of materials, time, money, and weather align appropriatly to do a complete track rebuild with the new screened materials. (last year the track rebuild was done on thursday, friday and saturday of memorial day weekend in May to give you a timeframe perspective)

As always, the track layout will be in the best interests of both 1/8th scale and 1/10th scale racers alike and will be "parts-friendly" but it is waaaaaaayyyyyy tooooo cold out to be worried about that right now.

Friday night is another points series race and the touring car competition is hot and heavy. I practiced last night and spent time working on Bob Strittmatter's car to enhance the performance of all team inferno members, Bob's car is dialed and he practiced staying on the racing line last night, good job Robert! practice practice practice~!

Team Inferno - LAST TO FIRST BABY! but only by the slimest of margins, Mac and bob, lets get ready to ruuuuuuummmmmmbbbbbbllllleeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Let's go racing!
Old 12-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #2244
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

i figured there was still a couple of weeks left in the points series.i still think that jeff and i can catch back up.

now i just need to eck to show up with his tc5...he is doing very good with it on carpet....and he beet me last night with it.

just gotta get him there to race it and get our team some points.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:54 PM   #2245
Tech Elite

Doug, that's great! Are you guys racing Saturdays for offroad this year?
Old 12-18-2007, 01:03 PM   #2246
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4man View Post
Doug, that's great! Are you guys racing Saturdays for offroad this year?
im pretty sure that they said they are racing saterdays this off-raod season.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:10 PM   #2247
Tech Elite

Cool!!!!! I might be able to make it up there more often now!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:49 PM   #2248
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Doug, Great news! Ever since you guys starting bringing in the clay, the traction the Altoona Raceway has been getting better and better. In some areas on some days it was downright tremendous (as evidenced by all the wheel stands we were doing in Mod Truck last season). 2008 sounds even better.

According to the website, the new day and time will be Saturday at 3pm so I hope you can make it out a few more times than last year D4Man.

Matt, You might want to start looking around for a mod truck (unless you already have one).

I've already seen Team Spykers number 1 driver walk out of the TRS with a brand new 1/8 buggy (The good kind that come pre-built to Factory Team specs). I was thinking to myself 'What does he know that I dont about next year?'
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:43 PM   #2249
Tech Champion

Quote:
Doug, Great news! Ever since you guys starting bringing in the clay, the traction the Altoona Raceway has been getting better and better. In some areas on some days it was downright tremendous (as evidenced by all the wheel stands we were doing in Mod Truck last season). 2008 sounds even better.

According to the website, the new day and time will be Saturday at 3pm so I hope you can make it out a few more times than last year D4Man.

Matt, You might want to start looking around for a mod truck (unless you already have one).

I've already seen Team Spykers number 1 driver walk out of the TRS with a brand new 1/8 buggy (The good kind that come pre-built to Factory Team specs). I was thinking to myself 'What does he know that I dont about next year?'
ed,
i do not have a mod truck.and i dont know whether i will be getting one or not.
that carpet track in richfeild i been going to on monday nights...well they will be racing touring car on asphalt in the summer.so i just need to decide on what im going to do...but i think i already know the answer...
Old 12-19-2007, 07:09 AM   #2250
Tech Initiate

Default CRCRC Track

Doug,

CRCRC is a great facility and I am glad to hear that you contacted them. They have a great race surface and their input should help.

Also, they make great tracks. I have not run there in a year, but the last time I did they had a negative camber inside turn that was awsome. Through the keyhole area it really tested your setup.

Not sure when I will be out to 'Toona town, but need to get with my brother to see when I can ge there. For our gift exchange - I got a TA05, so now I just need to build it and set it up for indoor.

Just need to find the time.

Matt
matt0910 is offline   Reply With Quote