Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jummy, you have a PM
Old 12-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you oval guys need to be thankful for the track you have to race on!!

team spyker losi made a trip to kranzels today and let me tell you if you raced there
#1 Charles and Douglas could not stock enough parts
#2 lexan reserves in the world would be depleted
#3 price of paint would double
#4 Nightly and not yearly fights at Dennys after the races

Thank You Race Station for the top notch facility
Old 12-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
Doug, Great race.It was only a matter of time before you got your car hooked up! With all these guys getting so much faster, its going to be a battle for the top 6-7 guys just to get into the show.

For the NASCAR crowd, I was checking the Steel City Hobbies website. Congrads to Bob Rhodes on his 1st place finnish in the 13.5 class

Results:
http://www.steelcityhobbies.com/Race...7BrushNats.htm

The second thing I noticed looking at the pictures of their track is that they have a similar 'paper-clip' type oval, but they were able to create a wider oval by simply making the laminate corners bigger:

Track Photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steelci...7603345228156/

Its a simple solution we may want to consider.
Thanks Ed. The turnout a Steel City so far this year has been disappointing at best. The track isn't the problem however. I really wish I could make it back up there to race with you guys. Friday's are just too hard to make it on time after work from Pittsburgh. Are there plans to change the track? Keep up the good work. If i ever get a chance to sneak away early on a Friday I will definitely be back up there. Bob Rhodes
Old 12-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fastestcat
you oval guys need to be thankful for the track you have to race on!
Travis...............SHUT UP!!!!!!!!

.......and while your at it, dig your nose out of the "owner's" rear-end, you backwoods TOOL!!!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Friday

I want to appologize to Brent and everyone else for the way I raced Friday. I let my emotions and lack of talent eat me up. I dont want to be a poor sport or a dirty racer and Friday I was both. For that Im sorry. I hope to improve on both in the future! Brian
Old 12-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Travis...............SHUT UP!!!!!!!!

.......and while your at it, dig your nose out of the "owner's" rear-end, you backwoods TOOL!!!!!

well ashley im glad to see you can still read... if they ever have to pack your eyes with cotton you will be SOL...
Old 12-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastestcat
well ashley im glad to see you can still read... if they ever have to pack your eyes with cotton you will be SOL...
oh boy
Old 12-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

so i do i figure out gearing on this oval car.i want to try and race it friday night.....

lmk
Old 12-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
I want to appologize to Brent and everyone else for the way I raced Friday. I let my emotions and lack of talent eat me up. I dont want to be a poor sport or a dirty racer and Friday I was both. For that Im sorry. I hope to improve on both in the future! Brian
Brian - no hard feelings here, I didnt mean to take you out, but I was pretty caught up in the moment myself. Myself and Gixx were battling hard for 2nd and I prob. should have had more patients trying to get around people. Getting into another car only slows you both down. Plus having 6 Pan cars on the track all at one time can get to be a bit hectic, but I wouldnt want it any other way I love having someone to race with almost the whole race, and the more cars that are on the track the more you get to race.

Onto the track change - I personally dont care if we run a big or small oval. What I would personally like to see is at least 6 cars in the main every week on a small track and on a large track I would like to see up to 10 cars. It is quite a handful to drive those pan cars in the first place cuz they are so touchy, but I think 99% of the time we all have our heads screwed on correctly and drive clean or at least try to drive clean. I dont care if I am lapping someone or running for position I still think it is more fun to try to figure out where to enter or exit a corner based on another car being in front of or behind you. The more traffic there is the better chance you are going to have someone to battle with during the whole race and thats what nascar is all about close racing, fender rubbin and big ole doughnuts on the bodys after the race!
Old 12-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Tech Adept

I have finally painted my new oval car body and if you think my stupid paint schemes were bad or questionable in the past JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THIS!

iCeNuTz
Old 12-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

In today’s day of track changes,
It’s easy to lose sight,
Of the true meaning of oval racing
Each and every Friday night.

When we go racing,
We say "Are we changing the track and on what day?"
Then the true meaning of oval racing,
Some how goes away.

Amidst the traction compound, gearing
And coms, brushes and such,
We forget about the hobby,
Friendship and winning in a clutch.

The racers debate the track layout
At their pit space
Instead of looking for speed
To be ready to race

So in reality when we look at the carpet,
We should not see controversy
But a track so great,
It is a thing of beauty.

A faithful reminder,
Unless of course you are Brad,
That no matter the layout,
Rc racing will be some of the best times you have ever had.

Let’s keep in mind the true meaning of oval tracing this carpet season.

Merry Oval Racing
iCeNutz
Old 12-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well said Greg. The next round is on me!

Matt, Gearing for pan cars can vary between motor brands. I'm running with 64p 26t pinion and a 115t spur with tires at 56mm on a CO27 if that helps.

This Friday the oval should have 4' wide corners. Its not a huge increase, but it will feel a bit different.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ed237
Well said Greg. The next round is on me!

Matt, Gearing for pan cars can vary between motor brands. I'm running with 64p 26t pinion and a 115t spur with tires at 56mm on a CO27 if that helps.

This Friday the oval should have 4' wide corners. Its not a huge increase, but it will feel a bit different.
Ed, an increase in size does feel different, or so I am told.

iCeNuTz
Old 12-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by iCeNuTz
Ed, an increase in size does feel different, or so I am told.

iCeNuTz
It usually doesn't for "little" people!!!!!!!!

Nice poem, please pass it on to whom ever wrote it for you!
Old 12-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
Brian, no sweat man, one of the hardest things to remember and do is to not race other people in the heats, it only slows you down beacause your racing the clock not them. I had a huge problem with that last year until Dan Harding tried to beat me up in Denny's parking lot after a Friday night race. It got messy when Gerald decided to jump in to assist Dan which prompted Kalemba to unleash his son Joel which has a background in Jujitsu cage fighting! Hope to see you on Friday!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.