R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 06-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #196
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jallshouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
Next Sunday there will be a special 100 meter lawn dart event........sponsored by adult world.
now thats a sponcer to have!!!!! there is a "dance" club here that has the big ol sign outside reading "slow down....my mommy works here" thats a classic in my book!!!
jallshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:07 PM   #197
Tech Apprentice

Default LMFAO!

You guys are f***ing hilarious!

Race results, pics and vids are all online.

http://www.altoonaraceway.com/TRACK.html

Team Losi Racing
Budweiser 8ight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #198
Tech Apprentice

Default Race Club

Ed, Perhaps we need to start a page on www.altoonaraceway.com

Thanks for the heads up on the race schedule, I'll be ready to race Wed. night.

Team Losi Racing
Old 06-11-2007, 06:14 PM   #199
Tech Apprentice

Default 1/10 Scale

Just to be clear.....

The intent is to have an Electric and a Nitro Class. That may not happen until the 6/24 race but that is the plan.

Please guys if you know anyone out there who used to race 1/10 - get them back to the track - we really need to get more people to the track on race days. Thanks!

Also, as a follow up the previous Thurs night question and racing 1/10 --- until it picks up, Thursday night is a practice night. Free for members, $5 for anyone else. Bring anything you want.

Thanks Guys!

Team Losi Racing
Old 06-11-2007, 07:06 PM   #200
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Default New (old) racer!!!

I talked to Joe Petyak tonight, (the kid that ran a revo for a few races) and hes looking to get into 1/8th scale....and hes looking to dump off the revo. So if anyone knows of a buggy for a decent price or knows someone that wasnt to trade a revo for a buggy or wants to buy a revo stright up, let me know.

Im out LOL

Mad
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:33 PM   #201
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Default ?

OK whats the secret??? Where do you guys get all the fancy icons???
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:36 AM   #202
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Brent, Click on Private Messages to get into your account and ckick on edit avatar. I made mine with the Paint program on my computer and then kept shrinking it until RCTECH would accept it.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:19 AM   #203
Tech Adept

Can somebody please explain to me what is so hard about 1/8th scale? I hosed mine off (literally), sprayed it with compressed air and raced on sunday, all three qualifiers and the main, darn that took alot of work? (actually I spent all of my rc time this week on building a t4).

Anyway, I have a 1/10th scale truck now as well, but thats right, i jumped it and snapped of an a-arm, those things are rock solid!!!!!!!!!!!

What the h e double hockey sticks are you fussing with ed, light up the engine and run the pi** out of it, is that a complicated equation?

Anyway, I'll look forward to some head to head mod truck action, I've got some work to do to get the truck to hook up this week, you know, fussing with it to make it work.

Ed - are you running a 5.5 novak? if so, what pinion gear are you running? what is your procedure for setting your diff, i think mine is too tight, so i lightened it up until the slipper just slips before the diff?? I forget how i used to do that. how bout battery position, i ran it stock, toward the front, but I'm cosidering moving it one foam thing back, to get more rear traction and tone down the oversteer?? is the t4 heavy duty servo saver necessary? what drilled pistons are you running in the rear of your t4, #2 drilled down to a #1?
thewholeyearinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:53 AM   #204
Tech Master

Doug, 1/8 Scale is extremely difficult if you've never run it before. 'Just build it and race it' will get you nothing but mediocre results no matter what the class.

There really isnt much difference between 1/8 or 1/10. They are both a lot of fun IF you know what your doing. They both require nearly perfect setups and tires to run well. Its impossible to run competitively with either is something is not right - even at the club level.

No matter what the class, it takes committment, and the commitment is easier to make if you can run in the class you prefer. Its not a matter of which is better, its a matter of which is better for you.

I've been in Mod Truck for 4 years straight and there is a comfort level for me there. But Mod Truck races are few and far between these days, thus the 1/8 buggy for me. No regrets here though. I've learned a few things and the more you understand the better racer you are.

Anyhow, I'm running something close to Cavalieris last posted set up:

http://www.teamassociated.com/racerh..._Nats_2006.pdf

I think blue front springs would work a bit better at the Altoona Raceway. When the track is dry and/or dusty Losi Red Reptiles work. Try to stay away from M3 Holehots when there is no moisture as they will wear out quickly (appiles to 1/8 as well - just ask CR).

I run a 6.5 with a 18t pinion and I prefer the diff adjusted to the tight side. The heavy duty servo saver spring comes with the FT Team kit. I dont glue my servo saver together, although some say its better that way. Otherwise, I'm not sure I'm really on to anything with what I've done with shock oils/pistons.

Last edited by Ed237; 06-12-2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:39 AM   #205
Tech Regular

"Can somebody please explain to me what is so hard about 1/8th scale? I hosed mine off (literally), sprayed it with compressed air and raced on sunday, all three qualifiers and the main, darn that took alot of work?"

Note to self...don't buy Doug's used buggy.
A few of my bearings are seized up bad...ask CR. I'm going to tear mine down and give the ceramic bearings a try.
KARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:08 AM   #206
Tech Adept

I hear you Edward, but with Tommy Berardi not beating on you and everyone else lately about 1/8th scale, someone had to pick up the slack of the relentless nitromaniac TB!

NOW, more importantly, I must break you in this week's edition of the TRS NEWLY RESURRECTED MOD TRUCK CLASS. I'm calling out the fan fav. Edward Toth, even though I switched from the evil empire to AE!!!

P.S. If anyone gets a futaba radio, you have to change it from HRS to PPM if you are not using digital servos, even with the FAAST or Specktrum systems (i can almost hear the collective "duhhhhhhhhhhhh"). I learned that this past weekend in my buggy and truck, servos toasty! that would explain the glitchy glitchy!!! haaaaaaaaaa! You're right ed, the more you try the more you learn. Of course, I'm the exception to that rule, I've had four of every car class over the past three years and I'm still an idiot!!!!!!!! Perhaps each week i fill up two brain cells then kill four, I'm backpedaling!

I ran a novak 5.5 with a 16 tooth, does that sound close to you, its hard to say if it was good or not cuz i had my futaba radio booogered up! Not sure what affect that had on the ESC.

Ed, is there any way to adjust the AE diff without popping the rear camber link ball stud and sticking a driver in there?

Icenutz - actually it takes a t-shirt and an available optional bullet-proof, radiation-resistant case to carry your new radio in for me to buy it!

GOOOOOOOOOOOO FUTABA / FAAST 2.4 GHZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the Way, CR Lovell - Awesome race in 1/8th scale this past sunday, i cracked under the pressure you applied at the end, but putting yourself in those positions is the only way to improve, so I'll call it good experience. That was a blast, the two most fun races I've had so far this summer were getting smoked by you and Ed and 1/8th buggy!!! Again, that was alot of fun - thanks for racing! Hopefully we'll catch you again sometime soon.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:10 AM   #207
Tech Adept

1/8th scale mugen mbx5r with novarossi p5 plus 21 and mugen ninja .21 turbo and novarossi 9886 and ninja 2053 pipes available for sale, Sam are you interested?:sweat :
Old 06-12-2007, 10:43 AM   #208
Tech Regular

Doug - Hmmmmm, Let me think about it.....

still thinking....

still thinking......

My stomach hurts....must have had some bad chinese.....still thinking....

Just got back from the toilet...still thinking....

what to do, what to do.....still thinking.....

it's about 60/40 but not saying which way....still thinking....

OK, my decision is made....NO!!!!

And you have to pop the ball end off to adjust the diff. The only way around this is to have ball cups with holes drilled in the face. This will only work if your ball ends use a hex driver but then you can unscrew the ball ends and not worry about wearing out your cups popping them on and off.

Sorry to all about taking up an entire page
KARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:38 PM   #209
Tech Master

Sam - LMAO - classic!

Doug - I figured you were looking to stir up some 1/10 vs 1/8 stuff! But, there's really nothing to trash talk about for the time being- its all about 1/8 scale right now. Its not hard to understand why; the speed, power and noise and there are always 10-15 ready to race every weekend. Its why I have one too. But, no matter what, I'll always be a proponent of 1/10 scale.

I think its great that you and Chuck are getting back into 1/10 scale. Thanks to you guys, Mod Truck is looking a lot better than it did a month ago. This is going to be even better now that your running AE stuff!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #210
Tech Adept

.5 scale is where it is at.

Doug, get on XBL tomorrow night!

iCeNuTz