Wiki Posts
Search

Tracks in Vegas for a newbie

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Tracks in Vegas for a newbie

Hi all,

I am trying to get into RC cars again after a gap of around 15 or more years. I've just moved to Las Vegas and am completely new to the whole concept of racing and tracks etc, for example are they run as clubs? Do I have to join the club before turning up to thrash round the track?

I am looking for a place that will be tolerant of a beginner so far as racing is concerned and somewhat of a beginner in technology, when I last ran a car an ESC was a hugely expensive option, they seem essential now, so things have moved on a lot!

My plan is to buy a Dark Impact since it reminds me of my much loved Boomerang and Super Sabre from the 80's (and it's cheaper to buy a new DI than a 20 year old Boomerang for some reason ) and move on up from there if I get the bug properly.

I am trying to check out Cutting Edge RC just off Cheyenne, but they appear to not exist. I have dropped in a few times and the place is all locked up during the advertised business hours and there is nobody on the other end of the phone.

Is there anywhere else that someone might suggest? I saw a post for Finishline, are they a good place to go for a beginner?

Any help is greatly appreciated, since I wanna buy the buggy, but I can't justify to the wife until I have somewhere to use it regularly!

Thanks,

Richard
Old 05-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

cutting edge is still very much open they just ended a 5 day losi sponsored race so it looks like the owners might be taking a few days off. off road races are wed and sat. doors usually open at noon and racing starts at 6pm approx. tuesday is free practice day pit tables and power are provided.

finishline is a nitro track you can run 1/10 scale on it but its a bit rough