Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Southern California Track Listing Thread >

Southern California Track Listing Thread

Southern California Track Listing Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Southern California Track Listing Thread

please post all known tracks here for reference. please let others know whether it is electric or nitro (or both), and onroad or offroad(or both). i guess posting a legitimate bashing area is permitted too. if you can provide an aerial shot of the loaction, that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hot Rod Hobbies
Saugus, CA
Hot Rod Hobbies
Paved Oval and Offroad

Ventura Roadrunners' Track
Freedom Park, Camarillo, CA
Roadrunners
Offroad, Dirt Oval, and Onroad
Old 05-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

OC Circuit - La Mirada
Races: Every second sunday of the month
Type: Parking lot track (temporary)
Website: http://socal.rcracing.com | also has a thread in racing forum

OC Circuit - Corona
Races: Every fourth sunday of the month
Type: Parking lot track (temporary)
Website: http://socal.rcracing.com | also has a thread in racing forum

Bending Corners Raceway - Orange
Races: Varies. See thread in Racing Forum
Location: Orange CA. Behind Walmart located on Tustin Ave. (In the sports center)
Type: Permanent outdoor asphalt
Website: http://www.bcraceway.com | also has a thread in racing forum
Old 05-19-2007, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 135 (100%+)

If anyone knows of a good indoor 1/10 offroad track, please post (SoCal in HB is closing! )

Revelation in Ontario

http://www.revrace.com/

HotBox in Santa Ana

http://www.hotboxrc.com/

KZ Speedway in Sun Valley

http://www.onlinerc.com/

Crystal Park raceway in Compton

http://crystalparkrcraceway.com/

The Dirt in Hemet

http://www.thedirtracing.com/

Hot Rod Hobbies in Saugus

http://www.hotrodhobbies.com/Main_frame.htm

Thunder Alley in Beaumont

http://www.thunderalleyrcraceway.com/
Old 05-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
New track interest?

I was somewhat dissapointed when I found out SoCal in HB was closing especially since it was going to be a local activity I could use as an outlet while working her in california (I live in NJ but commute for work).

Anyway I would be interested in feedback from the SoCal area with respect to opening a new track in the Orange county area. My family are in the commercial real estate business and I have their resources looking for potential buildings, use permits & C of O requirements etc etc.

My thinking is this...

8000+ Sq Ft building incorporating: indoor onroad/oval (5000 sq ft), pit area (1000sq ft), hobby shop (1500 sq ft) and concession stand (500 sq ft)

16000 sq ft lot with purpose built on road and offroad tracks of (7500 sq ft each) for nitro/electric 1/10, 1/8th and monster truck racing

I am willing to invest a reasonable sum into this venture both as intial capital and short term ongoing funds for construction/equipment, however, I do not have time to activiely participate in managing this facility since I run my own consulting company. Therefore I would be looking for potential partners and preferably of the managing variety, who will bring both capital and ability to manage to the table.

Clearly with a hobby shop on site, it would be convenient/advantageous if a mail order type business (say speedtech or the like) looking to expand to a brick and mortar outlet with continuous trade were to take in interest that would alleviate that management side of the business plus potentially add to their current revenue stream what with races and practice days etc.

From a class perspective it would be beneficial to have as many as possible with the space and tracks available:

INDOOR
1/10 on road
1/12 on road
1/10 oval
1/12 oval

OUTDOOR
1/10 outdoor nitro on road
1/8 outdoor nitro on road
1/10 off road
1/8 offroad
Monster trucks

Clearly the more classes that can be run the better since it is not financially viable to run only electric or only nitro. It needs to be a combination in order to maintain steady revenue when there are slow periods on either side of the equation.

As far as capital partners are concerned, it really just depends on how many people are interested. The idea would be to divide the business equally into separate shares for each owner i.e. 4 partners at $20k each receive a 25% stake or 8 partners at $10k each equals 12.5% stake.

Clearly the more the better to spread the workload, financial burden etc so it is important that you be a true enthusiast of the hobby.

Anyone have any comments, ideas, suggestions or capital by all means respond.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Cool additional info

Further to my previous post I have located a 10,000 sqft building with 3 phase 440 newer construction (2000) with airlines through out sitting on 1 acre of land.

I have spoken to the owner and he is very flexible and likes the idea and has no issues with construction of tracks, drivers stand etc etc his rent rate is also VERY reasonable for the building and 1 acre

So if there is any interest out there drop me a line and lets talk
Old 05-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

We are The Only track in San Diego.
We too Are closing on june 30.
We are moving our shop for now, in hopes of getting our offroad track back and under way again.
Your venture sounds promising.
I would be interested in speaking with you on the phone about our New ventures here in San diego as well.
Enthusiast we are, Millionaires we are not.
P.m me your phone # if you have interests in doing this a little further south of O.C.
Thanks, Dave
Old 05-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by downtown
We are The Only track in San Diego.
We too Are closing on june 30.
We are moving our shop for now, in hopes of getting our offroad track back and under way again.
Your venture sounds promising.
I would be interested in speaking with you on the phone about our New ventures here in San diego as well.
Enthusiast we are, Millionaires we are not.
P.m me your phone # if you have interests in doing this a little further south of O.C.
Thanks, Dave
PM sent
Old 05-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 135 (100%+)

In what city is the building located?

Originally Posted by GCracker
Further to my previous post I have located a 10,000 sqft building with 3 phase 440 newer construction (2000) with airlines through out sitting on 1 acre of land.

I have spoken to the owner and he is very flexible and likes the idea and has no issues with construction of tracks, drivers stand etc etc his rent rate is also VERY reasonable for the building and 1 acre

So if there is any interest out there drop me a line and lets talk
Old 05-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

thre was talk at the race lastnight about a new facility opening in about a month.. indoor offroad.. i dont know much more.. but im sure it will be talked about in the socal thread
Old 05-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

DOnt forget santa barbara club Santa Barbara

Last edited by Dirt-Racer; 05-26-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jaejw1
thre was talk at the race lastnight about a new facility opening in about a month.. indoor offroad.. i dont know much more.. but im sure it will be talked about in the socal thread

Red Hill and MacArthur. 11,000 square feet, going to use the same dirt as the current Socal. I think they said it opens in July.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ManicRC
In what city is the building located?
Hwy 74 between Perris & Lake Elsinore

10500sqft with 1 acre

Access to both 15 & 215 Frwys. Yard Space available (1 acre), Asphault parking with 22 spaces (2-Handicap). Fully insulated bldg, 480 3-phase power, 3- 12' wide x 14' high roll up doors, 18' ceiling, Epoxy on warehouse floor, Skylights, Fire sprinklers, Dust Collector, Air Compressor (airlines through-out bldg), 1200 Sq. ft. of office with heat & air, Office includes: Reception with store front entry, 2- offices, break room, 2-bathrooms. Available immediately

Owners opening offer was $0.95 a sq (net) per month however that is negotable to a point.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Getting dates together for the first 4 races At BARONA SPEEDWAY.
SAN DIEGO is going to have it's 1st GAS RACING!!
Old 05-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Johnny_S.
Red Hill and MacArthur. 11,000 square feet, going to use the same dirt as the current Socal. I think they said it opens in July.
yikes, no nitro

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.