R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   R/C in Maryland (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/159116-r-c-maryland.html)

Mjk87 04-15-2007 08:16 PM

R/C in Maryland

Hey everyone whats up. Just wondering if anyone knew some good tracks to race at in Maryland or close to Maryland. Both on-road and off-road.

Beeen 04-16-2007 01:22 PM

The Hobbytown USA in Frederick has a really nice indoor on-road facility. If you're willing to drive to about an hour from Hagerstown to southern Pa you can race offroad at G's. It's a new track, right off I-81. This will be the second season of racing there. I can give you more info if you're interested in either... :tire:

Mjk87 04-16-2007 07:11 PM

Acctuly i only live about 25 mins from Garlands and i visited there about 4 weeks ago and was thinking about racing there. I would appericate the info on it tho. Im planning on getting a Losi XXX-T pretty soon. I want to run elec stadium truck but i dont know what classes you guys run. I was thinking maybe a 19T motor but if you guys only run mod ill go with something elese. I also have a mini-t and i wasent sure if he ran 1/18 scale class or not. I would appericate all the information you can give me on Gs because it seems like an awsome place to race.

Beeen 04-17-2007 12:13 PM

It really is a nice place. We run whatever shows up :) there's almost always a class for 1/10 truck, gas or electric (sometimes we combine), 1/8 buggy, and monster truck/truggy. He has run 1/18 scale on occasion, but there didn't used to be many pople who reaced them, but maybe this season will be different. As far as electric stadium, most guys run mods like 13t and 14t, but a good 19t will work fine. The track is usually kinda loose so you can't really use a ton of horsepower anyway. The only place you'd need alot of speed is for the bigger jumps, but there are other ways through those sections. I have an old Losi XX-T that works pretty well on G's track. Have you seen the wall he built yet?

Mjk87 04-17-2007 01:45 PM

No i dont believe so. At the time i was there he was getting a new dirt for the track. I will deffently look into a lower turn motor then. I might not have it by the first race but i should have the money soon. Im selling a few things on ebay so once that sells i should have the money to get the truck. Also, do you have any recomendation on like what kind of chargers some of the people use up there?

Beeen 04-17-2007 04:39 PM

It depends what you want the charger to do. Some popular chargers that also do motor run-in and other extra stuff are LRP's Pulsar Competition, Duratrax's Ice, and the ever faithfull Turbo 30. If you don't need it to do anything besides charging you can get a less expensive unit like something from Novak or Dynamite, or MRC's Superbrain line. I use a LRP Pulsar Sport, it doesn't do anything but charge, and it does it pretty well. I've never had a problem with it.

Mjk87 04-17-2007 06:48 PM

Cool cool. Im excited now lol. Hopefully i can make it to the race.

Mjk87 04-17-2007 06:49 PM

Can you give me any information on Hobbytowns racing classes and stuff for the onroad track?

Beeen 04-18-2007 02:13 PM

Hobbytown's main class is stock touring, which they split into 2 classes; pro stock and sportsman. They also run 1/12, and usually a tamiya class like mini when they have enough people that want to do it. They have a thread under the racing forum, MUDVAYNE is the race director so if you have any questions he'd be the guy to ask.

Beeen 04-20-2007 05:14 PM

FYI: I just found out today that one of the regular's at G's wants to sell his xxx-t. It's the brushless rtr, he's only ever driven it 3 or 4 times, and it comes with all the radio and probably the battery stuff. He said he'd like to get about $300 for it...

Mjk87 04-20-2007 09:13 PM

Cool. Ill think about it. Ill let you know if im intrested.

Beeen 04-21-2007 06:24 PM

We worked on the track today and it's all but finished, it'll definetly be ready for next saturday's opening race :tire:

Mjk87 04-21-2007 09:30 PM

O were you one of the people up there lol. I came up today with my buddy. This one guy named jason let me run his elec truck on the track some today. Im pumped. Cant wait till i can make it to a race. I dont know if ill be able to make it to the first one but im deffently going to try to make it to the second one.

Beeen 04-22-2007 04:30 PM

Yeah I was the guy with the gray shirt and black hat on, were you the one driving the acura?

Mjk87 04-22-2007 04:57 PM

O cool ok i saw you. No i have a black Nissan Titan. I was up at G's all day today running my GT2. I was gonna go electric but im considering sticking with the nitro. I only got 3 laps in before i destroyed the front of my truck but i stuck around and helped other people with there cars. I had a great time. I might be up to watch the race next saturday. I wont be racing because i dont have the money for parts lol. I really like the 1/8 scale buggys and truggys. There were a few guys up there today running them. I think im going to get some prices on them next time im up there.