Cutting Edge Indoor r/c las vegas, NV

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cutting Edge Indoor r/c las vegas, NV

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

2.. Glad i didnt invest in another 1/12. Typical vegas race scene IMO!!
Old 06-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I want to bring my 5 year old son down with me. He has an XTM Xcellerator and is pretty darn good at driving. I take him to the Silver Bowl with me however worry about him getting in the way of all the 1/8 scale guys.

Is there a particular night that tends to be less crowded at Cutting Edge?
Old 06-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Wednesday and Saturdays are off road race nights, the tracks is for 1/10th electric only, so no nitro since it is indoors. Wednesday is the less crowded of the two nights. Tues-Sat they are open for practice, save for this week, they will be closed Tusday. (6/12)

Last friday there WAS a 1/12 scale (carpet track) race. Only 5 cars, however I think that next week, the people who were waiting to see a race will bring their cars out. I have heard a lot of interest in this class, and just setting my car out to work on it, three new people to add to the list of people who have one, but aren't racing it have come up to me. "Hey, I should bring mine out".

19 turn Sedan and 19 Turn 1/12 are where it's at.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Went down to Cutting Edge on Wed. night. Great facility. Long drive from Henderson. Wish I would have kept my TC3 to run on the carpet. Very friendly atmosphere, unlike many other tracks out there. Facility is state of the art. They even put in a ADA access on the driver's stand.

My son and I will be heading down on Tuesday night to have some fun.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Tech Rookie

I think they have a summer points series in the works. It would be great if as many of you could come out and run in the series. We need to bring electric offroad back to life, it's been pretty dead since the Losi race. i now I will be running the points series for sure. And I believe they are also putting in a new layouot for the offroad track.Hope to see you guys out there!

Peter
Old 06-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

That points series will be fun. This will hopefully bring back some big turnouts. See you all there.

Kyle
Old 06-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

The new layout is in. It is fast and nothing gnarly. At the same time it has technical spots. It is a fun track
Old 06-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Seyruuen
There is another track nearby (less than two blocks from my house) called Sin City R/C which is built literally in a backyard. I have yet to make it out to see this track, as it is invitation only and you have to call someone to get directions, however I am told it is fun..
I am the website owner of sin city rc, and i can tell you that our track is by no means invitation only. We only ask that people show up when danny is home. He was in kansas for 2 months building a hash house a go go. Hes back, and so is racing. We are running a practice session tomorrow friday the 29th, for the race we are running on July the 4th. For that race, we will have all sorts of 10th scale racing, electric and nitro. and because of demand, probably some 8th scale racing, but our track has had 8th scale cars and truggies before without getting blown out.

I invite everyone that wants to check out this track, to do so tomorrow, around 6pm. This track seriously is something that you wont have seen before, where practically bald tires get traction. Tomorrow night will be the first night we use our amb timing system. Seriously, if you have any questions about Sin City RC, go to the site, sign up, and ask away. Danny and I are on there all the time, and i will answer any question.

Friday practice is free, just run what you want to bring. The 4th is 20 bucks per entry. And trophies will be handed out to the winners.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

What a great facility.Is it pivately owned?As the track is on concrete when the clay goes down do they use a lot of water? It looks as though the facility has heaps of room.Why didnt they make the track bigger just an observation.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

CE's interior was built out before they moved in. The city of north las vegas wanted done so they could take out the wall would have cost upwards of 200,000. They have talked about doing it a few times, but still havent.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

well again a great facility how wide is it the track width doesn't look very wide
Old 06-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

if i remember right, it is 85x55.

The sincity rc track is 115x50
Old 06-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Is the new layout at cutting-edge grooving up yet?
Old 07-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

do not know. I do know they started an 6 week point series last night, with 2 throw out races. So all of the point series races in town are on the calender for Sin City RC. That includes the finishline/Boulder City series.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

We race there back in January and we had fun. Indoor track is the best, too bad their losi race was in April. My son could not miss school so we went to the JBRL instead. Next time we're in Vegas, we're racing again.