R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 05-03-2007, 06:32 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice

Thx for the class info!! I wish 4wd was happening too! Anyway buggy and truck is good enough for me as long as there is fellow racers to run with. I have raced the onroad nitro track at the Silverbowl but got out of nitro onroad and sold most of my junk! I have a gT but no where around here except maybe the silverbowl to race and dosent appear to be a 1/10 nitro truck class.. ANYWHERE!! So it looks lke its back to the roots with electric as long as CE is close to me as well!!!
BananaWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:27 AM   #17
Tech Rookie

Racer-x,

When you say 4wd is dead at CE, do you mean they won't allow 4wd, or just that very few people want to run 4wd?

I really want to get a Dark Impact (it gives me fond memories of my Boomerang and Super Saber from 20 years ago!) but if I can't run it regularly at a local track it's not worth the money, I'll just get a 2wd of some sort.
rparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:39 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

4wd class races when there are enough people. most guys bring them it just takes everyone to get together and say they want to run. i always bring mine i just had an unfortunate accident with it last week.
racer-x423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:40 PM   #19
Tech Rookie

I just dropped into Cutting Edge over lunchtime and I have to say I am very impressed! I chatted with the owner for around 15 minutes and he was one of the most helpful & friendly people I've met, very encouraging and welcoming for a novice like me!

I'll be going there this afternoon to try out my newly acquired Rustler and see how I cope with a track rather than a car park...
rparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:44 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default thank you

yeah we rule i was cleanin the floor when you came in. as for 4wd i bring my bj4 evrey day but every one backs out and 3 people in a class sucks. but is you bring it we can run. we opened again this week so come on down and fyi guys onroad is going to get big everyone i know is getting a carpet car so friday nights are gonna be a blast.
bj4racer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:10 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anyone run their mini's on this track? I have a Kyosho Mini Inferno ST with upgraded motor and battery. Just curious how it would manage on this indoor track.
itspat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 04:48 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default mini

yup a lot of guys come down thursday night with minis to play.
bj4racer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:48 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Cutting Edge is Indoors and Air Conditioned (because Vegas gets too hot in the summer to run outside)

The offroad track is a medium sized 10th scale electric track, high traction blue groove (when dry). The facility is really nice, and they have big flat screen monitors with lap counting information from your personal transponder, a good PA system, and lots of clean pit tables / power.

They race on Saturday and Wednesday evenings (offroad track) and just recently hosted the 6th Annual Team Losi Electric Championship. Tire choice varies here from driver to driver, but right now, Taper Pins and Holeshots seem to work well.

There are always Truck and Buggy classes, Mod and 19 turn classes are pretty common for club racing. I race strictly 4wd buggy, and find that on Sat. there is a pretty good 4 wheel drive Mod buggy field.

There are a couple of nitro 1/8 scale tracks around town, and during nice weather season, racing indoors slows a bit. Later on this month, it will start to peak around 105+ and racing outdoors is unbearable even at night (90 degrees at 10pm) So it gets pretty busy in the summertime.

below are recent photos of the track (Current Layout 5/23)
Attached Thumbnails
Cutting Edge Indoor r/c las vegas, NV-1.jpg   Cutting Edge Indoor r/c las vegas, NV-2.jpg   Cutting Edge Indoor r/c las vegas, NV-3.jpg   Cutting Edge Indoor r/c las vegas, NV-4.jpg   Cutting Edge Indoor r/c las vegas, NV-5.jpg  

Seyruuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:54 AM   #24
Tech Regular

as for 1/18th scale, there are not many racing them anymore (which is a bummer because I love my RC18b) Nearly all racing is 10th scale. There is a group of guys that practice on Thursday with them however.

Speaking of DEAD racing, the 1/10th NITRO truck class in Vegas is a joke. The outdoor tracks around here, and in lots of places are so geared for 1/8th scale Truggies that the deep ruts make it a total minefield. Finishline is like this, but is fun to run truggy. The Silverbowl track is a bit of a joke when racing is not taking place, as it gets blown out and dry with too many silly obstacles and insane launches. There is another track nearby (less than two blocks from my house) called Sin City R/C which is built literally in a backyard. I have yet to make it out to see this track, as it is invitation only and you have to call someone to get directions, however I am told it is fun.

Also on Fridays there are a group of the on road guys who race on the carpet, 19t sedan and 12th scale which is regaining popularity here after the IIC was held in vegas this year.

A group of us will be heading down to So Cal on Friday for the last race. Hopefully more really good facilities open up in Southern California as well, its nice to have a good place to race 10-15 minutes drive from you.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:09 AM   #25
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

man...seeing those pics and hearing about the track makes me wish work was sending me to vegas this year but alas, I'm heading to reno

Any r/c'ing up there??
Old 05-25-2007, 09:36 AM   #26
Tech Apprentice

I live in L.V. and recently joined Sin City Rc forum to find out more info on 1/10 gas truck there. http://www.sincityrc.com I was told that racing will start up again when track owner/operator get back at the end of this month. I too have heard this is a nice 1/10 track but have never laid my eyes on it. Cant wait to see update on their site. Im a noob to their site and this track, however I simply signed up to access their forum to keep updated on events. Hope this helps....
Old 05-29-2007, 10:33 PM   #27
Tech Regular

I will probably be buying a 1/12th scale car for the carpet track, lot of guys have them and only a couple more to start racing to make it fun.

I am told a new stock 1/12 class is forming, which is good since this class is way fun and easy on tires, motors, and batteries.

anyone else?
Old 06-02-2007, 09:29 AM   #28
Tech Regular

Default 1/12th scale

So I have caught the bug and decided to go all in on a CRC Carpet Knife, Twister 2 Atsushi Hara ESC, and the whole works for a 1/12th scale car for racing on fridays. Seems like everyone has one of these little things.

With the IIC coming up (and warm up races for it) wondering who is interested in getting a 19 turn 1/12 class up and running?

Perhaps I should post on the 1/12th forum to see about people who are local.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:08 AM   #29
Tech Apprentice

How was the turn out last night for 1/12 scale at cutting edge?
Old 06-03-2007, 11:35 AM   #30
Tech Regular

A few brought them, but everyone raced sedans. I saw 4 cars, but only 2 ever made it onto the track all night. The funny thing is, I can name 10 people who have them.

Steve Jackson
Cirilo
Kyle Boice
Chris Boice
Dave Dunn
Steve Antill
Greg Antill
John Blythe
Dallas Lewis
John Batman

And know of 3 or 4 others who have them, but do not know names.

I went to play on Sat. Night, and there was a pretty good race on. (off Road) Mod 4wd Class ran, as did stock 2wd Buggy, Mod 2wd Truck and one heat of Stock 2wd truck. I really should have raced my BJ4, but they had a pretty good showing without me.

Did I miss anyone?