R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 03-13-2007, 11:50 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Tracks in florida or Colorado???

I am looking at a new job possibility in either the miami florida area or possibily near the denver area. I am wondering what types of tracks are within an hour or so driving distance from these areas. Rc track location may play a part in deciding where I want to get a new job. Although it is not my ultimate decison maker to a new job but it might help me decide where to move.
dasheek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 181 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasheek
I am looking at a new job possibility in either the miami florida area or possibily near the denver area. I am wondering what types of tracks are within an hour or so driving distance from these areas. Rc track location may play a part in deciding where I want to get a new job. Although it is not my ultimate decison maker to a new job but it might help me decide where to move.
try here http://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-racing-54/
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:04 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasheek
whether you move to miami or fort lauderdale you'll have plenty of tracks to choose from there's go racing and homestead one hour away from each other and then there's fort meyers ,port charlette,kissimmee there's andrenaline. I mean if you think about it we race all year around.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:55 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

If you go to Denver, you can check out the MHOR raceway. Just seach for MHOR in google if you find it, was host to the recent rumble in the rockies. Also you can come out here about 4 hours away to the Grand Junction High Desert RC raceway for some of our special races too. I believe Colorado Springs about 2 hours south of Denver has a good track too. And I also think there is one in Lakewood so that is an hour from Denver too. All I know is MHOR is top notch, especially their on-road track.
High Desert Raceplace, Grand Jct CO, Sanwa Exzes Plus Stick Radio, Spektrum,Thunderpower 230g, Modified Tri-Nut Novak GTB2, Ballistic 4.5t 550, 5.83lb SCTE Ten, Novak Sentry Brushless Dyno, Crossweight Setup Station, Junsi 20A power supply Icharger 20A Charger,TP610C, 22B, Novak Edge, Novak 13.5, SC10, Havoc Pro SC XDrive, Ballistic 17.5 Matthew Joseph Cordova
mattnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:24 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Lars Johnson

From here: Colorado tracks?

In Colorado, for indoor electric offroad year-round, your options are:
MHOR in Aurora
High Desert R/C in Grand Junction

For Outdoor offroad in the summer, and primarly just gas:
Rat Raceway in Downtown Denver just north of LoDo/Coors Field
DirtWorks in Burlington, CO
Rocky Mountain R/C, the one on Boatworks Drive in Littleton has an outdoor track, off C-470 & Quebec.

Indoor Carpet Onroad:
HobbyTown in Westminster, the webpage is pretty basic but has their contact info in the top right. They also do outdoor parking lot racing in the summer, along with the HobbyTowns in Lakewood and Ft. Collins.

In Colorado Springs, the Rocky Mountain R/C shop there has an indoor 1/18th scale track, and there is a gas onroad club, MARCAR, but i'm not sure where they're running this summer.

For reference on best-case drive time for these, using Downtown Denver as a starting point:

Rat - 5 mins
MHOR - 20-30 mins
HobbyTown Westminster - 20-35 mins
Rocky Mountain Littleton - 30-45 mins
Rocky Mountain Colo Springs - 90 mins
Dirtworks - 2 hours
High Desert - 4 hours

All dependant on traffic, of course. But, all of them are located relatively close to major highways, which can make life pretty easy.