R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 11-30-2006, 05:56 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Racers Edge R/C Racing & Hobbies - Smethport, PA

Just thought I'd start a thread here to drum up some interest for our track located down here in Smethport, PA. We are located about a half hour south of Bradford, PA. Offering carpet oval and carpet road course racing on Sunday afternoons. Doors open at 9:30 am with racing getting underway at 12:30. Classes available for many different cars including pancars, trucks, gearbox cars (EDMs/latemodels), 1/18 scale cars, and 1/12 scale racing. Visit our website to check out full details of the track, schedule, entry pricing, and rules for each class. We just hosted the third leg of the Hooter Chassis Outlaw Tour for 4 cell pancars and the turnout was very nice. We try and offer a fun atmosphere of racing and have a good time. I guess that's why our motto is, "Racing to bring you the fun!".

A couple pictures to see what things are like.

OvalmanPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:01 PM   #2
Tech Adept

We're going to try a few money races from now till the end of our season. With this I was trying to schedule around the Hooter Outlaw tour dates. Schedule will be as follows:

December 30th
January 20th
February 24th
March 17th

We are going to try offering all the classes we normally run. Entry fee for EACH class will be $10 with a 50% payback divided between the A-main (5 spots) and first place in all other mains. We will have a payout schedule listed on the day of the race. Any questions, just let me know.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trashedmaxx

I used to race in Smethport a few years ago till some some tracks closer to me opened up. Great facility, friendly atmosphere and tight racing.

You guys still getting a good BRP turnout? I got a BRP about 2 months ago and man that thing is fun. "cheap" I would prefer to run it on a road course but the oval is fun to. Oval mini's is what we run in the winter up here.
trashedmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #4
Tech Adept

First race coming up on Saturday. Come have a little fun one last time before the new year!