i live in the northeast
Old 10-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

we start racing inside next week 1/18 scale stuff trucks & cars on carpet
Old 10-23-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys,
I am just getting back into the hobby, I am up for something. I am looking for some tracks to run at. I am mainly running Nitro. Electric is no fun unless you are racing, which I wouldn't mind doing.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Nitro racing in PA? Got you covered! Right now all outdoor tracks are at a standby. You can race indoors at let's say Horsham where you might find me on some weekends. Electric only but the competition is fierce!

Outdoors starts around early May late April.

You can race at these places in PA-

Mushroom Bowl (you'll find me there too)
HobbyTown USA West Chester (Does indoors and outdoors. Indoor track is small but hey, we all have a good time there that's all that counts.)
Jackson Rc (Electric and nitro. Holds Regionals pretty much every year)
Trains and lanes, Outdoors only
There's a few others that I can't think of right now. We're around you just have to follow us from thread to thread!
Old 10-24-2006, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twan
we start racing inside next week 1/18 scale stuff trucks & cars on carpet
where??

I asked you this before and you never answered....
Old 10-24-2006, 07:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah I have been to a few of those tracks. You forgot one track.

Blue Diamond Park in De. Dirt and onroad outside. I don't think they have a indoor track.

Any places racing during the week? I would be willing to get a 1/10 onroad to race. Or do you guys wanna start something?

Last edited by Everton; 10-24-2006 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

The only place hoppin' this weekend is Horsham Rc. Bring a touring car and some foams and run with the big boys.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by k_bojar
where??

He might be referring to Mushroom Bowl. They race outdoors from May-late Sept and then 1/18th micros and stadium trucks through Oct-early May.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Team Speedy
The only place hoppin' this weekend is Horsham Rc. Bring a touring car and some foams and run with the big boys.

I would like to but I need to go buy a touring car first! Looking at the Yokomo and the X Rays. Not sure what I want yet. I normally work during the weekends, I know it sucks. What are the hours you race? Or anything during the week?
Old 10-25-2006, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

I agree with you as well. Work does me in too. So all the money I blow on this hobby just sits and rots downstairs. I would love to get out every weekend and race. It just can't happen when your in school full time and have a part time job.

They race on Saturday starting at 4pm start. Usually goes until late 9-10pm. Depends on who shows up. Usually around Nov.-Dec the place gets hoppin. There is ususally over 50+ entries for stock alone some nights. It just depends on what major event is coming up. You'll have a blast if you come out. Wed. night they also race I believe starting around 5? pm. Friday night is practice night as well. Starts around 1pm I believe. Not sure on that one. On Sat. doors open at 8am sharp. Get there early to get a pit table as well.

Can't make that? Hobbytown USA West Chester races on Saturdays around 2pm-till 6, 7pm. Sundays you'll find a bunch more of us coming out. We arrive around 10am and start at 2pm. Usually end at 6pm. There is about 10-15 of us. We're just there to have fun mostly. So don't get frighten if we have to laugh at you the first time you're there! It still happens to me when I stop by! You'll get use to us over time. It may take you 5 or so years but we'll learn to like you!

Touring car wise, get a Xray you won't regret it. There is some sweet deals on Fk05 (Around $200 for the car and a good load of parts, just a roller) and on T2's since the T2007 is coming out. Heck you could even get away with a T2r (cheap version good for the BMI conversion). There around only $200 street price. I paid $199.95 for mine plus shipping. The shop mosly carries Xray parts since 75% of us run them it seems . I guess if you take a look at my avator you'll see why I'm talking about Xray. You'll also see Corally's and a couple Cyclones up there as well. So take a look at those too. A good solid choice is Xray as if you break anything (track is user friendly!) you'll be able to just walk into the shop and get the part you need regardless if you run a Fk05 to a T1 (first car produced) I'll be up at the track on Saturday if you can stop by. Hope that helps.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am sitting here looking at a brand new X-ray T2. Ordered a servo, got a set of foams. I have the transmitter and receiver already. About to order my ESC and motor. So if the US postal service doesn't take forever I should be up and running next week. I will go to a few practices first before I start racing. I will most likely start running at West Chester first. You can practice there any weekday for 5 dollars from 3pm to 8 or 9 pm. I figure it was be a good place to get my skill up.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
where??

at the mushroom bowl
Old 10-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Last edited by Team Speedy; 11-29-2010 at 06:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.