Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marshalls Hilltop Hobbies raceway Pa.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Alex, Mario, Kate, Jeff, Mike, Jaime, Steve & Theo; It was great running with you guys in 17.5 Foam Touring this past weekend.

Mario: Thanks for being my professor in "carpet racing 101" and answering all of my noob questions. I really appreciate all the time you gave me.

I finally got my gearing "close enough" in time for the "B" and was almost able to hold off Kate, but she pressured me real clean and I choked it away. lol Excellent driving on her part. She was right on my back bumper from about 3:30 til about 5:00 and never touched my car even once and then she made a really nice pass on me in the switchback turn down at the left end of the track. Once she got by, she just checked out. That was the best, most competitive & fun weekend of racing I've had in about a month and a half (Since the "Dirtrunners Challenge" 2-day race back in Sept.) and I'll defintely be back to practice and race with you guys again real soon.

Tim Merelo
Old 11-04-2008, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

AW shucks.Thanks..it's always more fun when it's close.We'll get you and Jeff there,no worries.Glad you liked it..had a great time also.See you in 2 weeks?M
Old 11-04-2008, 06:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think all I need is one more tooth on the pinion and lots and lots of "seat time" and I should (maybe) be able to give you guys a good run in another couple of months or so.

Question: Is anyone at Marshall's interested in running 12th pan stock roadcourse? We run them at my home track, but it would be nice to have another place to run my new (used) CRC Carpet Knife V3.

Tim
Old 11-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Couple people got em...fell by the wayside...too intense for some.Lets talk next time your up...maybe get some more interest...I can unretire the old BMI.M
Old 11-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sounds good, Mario. I won't be up to race with you guys this Sunday because I'll have the TC5 set up for oval racing on Saturday and probably won't get out of there til close to midnight.

I'm planning on coming up to Marshall's either Monday or Tuesday to practice and I definitely will be there to race the following Sunday (Nov. 16th)
See yoos guys and gals then.

Tim
Old 11-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TimNJ
Sounds good, Mario. I won't be up to race with you guys this Sunday because I'll have the TC5 set up for oval racing on Saturday and probably won't get out of there til close to midnight.

I'm planning on coming up to Marshall's either Monday or Tuesday to practice and I definitely will be there to race the following Sunday (Nov. 16th)
See yoos guys and gals then.

Tim
Sounds good.Rumours of Charlie(shamu) and Gunner(?) joining us then are floating about also.Do you guys do oval only or road course too?M
Old 11-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lotus1
Do you guys do oval only or road course too?M
We only have 10.5 TC oval and Mod TC oval. No roadcourse for TC We do have road course for 1/10 and 1/12 pan and then we bring in the jumps for the Slash trucks and the 1/18's
Old 11-06-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimNJ
Alex, Mario, Kate, Jeff, Mike, Jaime, Steve & Theo; It was great running with you guys in 17.5 Foam Touring this past weekend.

Tim Merelo
Hey Tim, It was a pleasure to meet you and great to race with you This hobby needs more racer with you kind of attitude and i look forward to many more races with you, Good racing Dude!
Hey Mario, you know how much i hate saying this but good driving this past weekend, i hate to see whats going to happen when you really learn how to driveL.O.L. And Of course kudos to kate for the great driving and paying alex to take me out on the last lap to take 3rd (only kidding about paying alex off L.O.L.)every year she gets better and better, one day your dad will be almost as good as you have become. See Ya Sunday.
J.C.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Hey Charlie, Fix Your Email, It's telling me your email is full and it's rejecting any email i send to you.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
Hey Tim, It was a pleasure to meet you and great to race with you This hobby needs more racer with you kind of attitude and i look forward to many more races with you, Good racing Dude!
Hey Mario, you know how much i hate saying this but good driving this past weekend, i hate to see whats going to happen when you really learn how to driveL.O.L. And Of course kudos to kate for the great driving and paying alex to take me out on the last lap to take 3rd (only kidding about paying alex off L.O.L.)every year she gets better and better, one day your dad will be almost as good as you have become. See Ya Sunday.
J.C.
Dummy,alot of payoffs occured(happened).You were only 1 of many.Kate has posted some video of some mains on youtube under Marshalls,I think.BTW,EVERYONE says...practice practice practice...Byby luv,Mario.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

OH and one more thing...the video CLEARLY shows it was YOU taking me out in the 1st turn.And we all thought Raff was overreacting.Seriuosly,I had a great time.Motivations back...watch out.M
Old 11-06-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lotus1
OH and one more thing...the video CLEARLY shows it was YOU taking me out in the 1st turn.And we all thought Raff was overreacting.Seriuosly,I had a great time.Motivations back...watch out.M

LOL.....the truth always gets revealed.....
Old 11-06-2008, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by raffaelli
LOL.....the truth always gets revealed.....
NO DOUBT My Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
J.C.
Likewise, Jaime. You edged me out for 4th overall by less than 3 seconds. I'm kicking myself for pushing the car too hard and crashing like 4-5 times after Kate passed me in the "B" . lol

One thing I've noticed in my very short time back in the RC hobby is that the driving improves vastly from the start of a season til the end. For example, at the beginning of our outdoor offroad season back in April, I set the track record in 2wd Mod Buggy at 13/5:18. By the end of the season, I still had the track record but at 14/5:03. So maybe I'm dreaming, but I'd say that by Feb/March, we're going to have about 7 or 8 TCs nose to tail at Marshall's. This is going to be a great season.

I'm working on getting a few more TC guys from Dirt Runners to make the trip up to race roadcourse at Marshall's. I'm also trying to get our guys interested in running TCs on the roadcourse at Dirt Runners. TC oval just ain't really my thing... Or any kind of oval for that matter.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Tim,Yea it will tighten up (just like Jamies b.......never mind)This fall series is just a tuneup for the bigger winter series.Gonna get mucho funo!M

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.