R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 11-21-2008, 05:33 AM   #1441
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
Yes equalness, so to stop the tears, all motors in a class should be the same Right? Best form of equalness you can find, would you say? And i will agree my brotha from another motha, 19t over 27t any time. 19t IS much more fun, with out a doubt. No more 27t Please!! only for the novice class.
Oh come now...No tears..just Desire.Same motors?For a spec class YES...Same spec motors...leaves choice and ability.There is a difference.Like the Komodo..Integy...superbird..etc.Funny my luva...we are agreeing here..I think??NO more 27T for sure.We are running 19 in the rubber class..Aaron liked it(alot I think).Works just ducky.This is fun tho!
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:34 AM   #1442
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Woah! Hang on, fellas. Let's not get all outta hand because of this. We can, and will come to a solution. We just have to stay calm and work through it. Everyone's opinion is valid and deserves to be heard and discussed. No need to get upset.

Jamie: I'm not sure what you mean by "handle a 19T". I think anyone who drives at Marshall's, at least from what I've seen so far, has the requisite driving skills to handle it, it's just a question of equality. True "closeness of racing" can only be measured when everyone is running the same or at least similar equipment, as deemed by the manufacturers and governing bodies within RC racing. I think it was Mario who said that Jeremy won 2 weeks ago with a brushed stock motor against 17.5 B/L motors, so that proves that it can be done.

I'd be glad to run in a 19T class, cause I can see, now that I'm maxed out on gearing with my 17.5, it's going to start to feel slow to me as the season goes on and my skills further improve. The "problem" lies in that I don't run brushed motors anymore. Cutting comms, replacing brushes and eventually replacing arms is just too much of a hassle for me, and, in the long run, winds up costing more than an $80 B/L motor. So like the other guy said, I'd want to run a 13.5, which, I believe, is the accepted "small-track" equivalent of a 19T brushed motor.

Race Videos: http://www.youtube.com/TrackMasterTim
TimNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:36 AM   #1443
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

ok, it looks like yu guys worked out that little spat as I was typing up my last post, so disregard the beginning part of my last post. lol

So now that we seem to be leaning towards 19T, how about us brushless guys? Is everyone OK with us running a 13.5?

Race Videos: http://www.youtube.com/TrackMasterTim
TimNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:07 AM   #1444
Tech Master

Default ........

OK,the pictures say it all.Damie,The cat sees all.Just Remember that!And I do see you at the bottom.
Attached Thumbnails
Marshalls Hilltop Hobbies raceway Pa.-calm_down.gif   Marshalls Hilltop Hobbies raceway Pa.-i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg  
Old 11-21-2008, 06:11 AM   #1445
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNJ View Post

Jamie: I'm not sure what you mean by "handle a 19T". I think anyone who drives at Marshall's, at least from what I've seen so far, has the requisite driving skills to handle it, it's just a question of equality. True "closeness of racing" can only be measured when everyone is running the same or at least similar equipment, as deemed by the manufacturers and governing bodies within RC racing. I think it was Mario who said that Jeremy won 2 weeks ago with a brushed stock motor against 17.5 B/L motors, so that proves that it can be done.

I'd be glad to run in a 19T class, cause I can see, now that I'm maxed out on gearing with my 17.5, it's going to start to feel slow to me as the season goes on and my skills further improve. The "problem" lies in that I don't run brushed motors anymore. Cutting comms, replacing brushes and eventually replacing arms is just too much of a hassle for me, and, in the long run, winds up costing more than an $80 B/L motor. So like the other guy said, I'd want to run a 13.5, which, I believe, is the accepted "small-track" equivalent of a 19T brushed motor.

Wassup Tim, What i meant by handling it was, alex said 19t was to much for the track and i say it's only to much for the track if you can't handle Didn't mean to insult no one by that. But as you can see, 19t didn't see to be to much for the track this past sunday, Correct? And about the second half of your post i can understand what you mean. I do like the idea of the low maintanance Brushless and will probably jump into one next season but this season i just won't be able to. so this is why 19t picks up the pace and gets every one a little closer together on the track at a litlle lower cost.
Dreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:17 AM   #1446
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1 View Post
OK,the pictures say it all.Damie,The cat sees all.Just Remember that!And I do see you at the bottom.
OH NO! The...the..the fairys are everywhereRun.....Run for your lives and hide, That way we can race on Sunday
Old 11-21-2008, 06:29 AM   #1447
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
OH NO! The...the..the fairys are everywhereRun.....Run for your lives and hide, That way we can race on Sunday
You really NEED to go back to work...Don't you?Seeing Fairys now...Everyone knows they only come out at nite!Fool.Smooches,Mario.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:59 AM   #1448
Tech Regular

Hey Guner, I know your watching this soap opera, are you going to come up this weekend?
Old 11-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #1449
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNJ View Post
ok, it looks like yu guys worked out that little spat as I was typing up my last post, so disregard the beginning part of my last post. lol

So now that we seem to be leaning towards 19T, how about us brushless guys? Is everyone OK with us running a 13.5?

yes what about the brushless guys i dont own a single brushed moror any more besides a 10 tripple i dont want 2 b out powered

13.5 will equal a 19t i can vouch for that to a T we did it all summer

or do we still have to run 17.5 and try 2 keep up (im alrteady pushing the motors limits i can make it any faster)

im not complainong i just want 2 know what 2 run since i only have that morning get it all right

oh and i can handle a 19t turky dayy weekend boys
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works

Last edited by RaceAce701; 11-21-2008 at 09:51 AM.
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #1450
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (99%+)

is marshall going 2 b open the fri anter thangsgiving i might try and get some practice in
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #1451
Tech Master

Alex,not sure about the friday.I don't think you will be outgunned with the 17.5.Not sure will know more this weekend.Do you have a 13.5?Looking into this now to see if thats more"equal" or not.Will let you know whats up after sunday.Mario.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:19 PM   #1452
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1 View Post
Alex,not sure about the friday.I don't think you will be outgunned with the 17.5.Not sure will know more this weekend.Do you have a 13.5?Looking into this now to see if thats more"equal" or not.Will let you know whats up after sunday.Mario.
mario,
i have an orion 13.5 you can try for the day...if ya want.
i was reading in an earleir post that 13.5 is equal to 19 turn...in the quote on quote a 10.5 is to be in the same comparrison as a 19 turn.
i just wanted heads up on what to run.i will prolly only make it there a few times over this winter.so for me to run brushed wont be a big deal.although i wouldnt want to do it everyweek.although i do have a lathe...
i was talking to jereme on the phone and he said be prepared to run 19 turn.so when i come to race there on the 30th i will just purchase a 19 turn motor there.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:37 PM   #1453
Tech Master

Probably the best bet.19T.I think the "vote" is going to go 19T/13.5 brushless....by roar guidlines...so bring both.I guess.I am going to try to figure this all out FOR MYSELF this sunday...will know more that nite.Let's see what happens.M
Old 11-21-2008, 08:18 PM   #1454
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Send a message via AIM to j_griffis90

i would love to run a 13.5..... thats just me tho. i think from what i was watching sunday, that mario had his car on rails, he was a little underpowered by the 19t's. a 13.5 would even out that playing field a bit more. everybody is fast no matter what way u look at tha picture. it would just be nice to get it all figured out tho
www.teamfullthrottle.net <--- team driver
j_griffis90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:43 PM   #1455
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_griffis90 View Post
i would love to run a 13.5..... thats just me tho. i think from what i was watching sunday, that mario had his car on rails, he was a little underpowered by the 19t's. a 13.5 would even out that playing field a bit more. everybody is fast no matter what way u look at tha picture. it would just be nice to get it all figured out tho
So said the prophet!If we end up with ROAR rules 13.5 is the 19T equivalent.