R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2008, 06:01 AM   #1411
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 224
Default

sounds good..hopefully bill will be ok with that..
motorhead68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:02 AM   #1412
Tech Elite
 
raffaelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
Posts: 2,924
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I have a pile of unmolested C2's for sale $15 each. Think I have about 30 left.
__________________
24ITA
raffaelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:10 AM   #1413
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
I have a pile of unmolested C2's for sale $15 each. Think I have about 30 left.
Hahahahaha.Nice! make it 10 and I might be interested...we are in a global recession.Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:40 AM   #1414
Tech Fanatic
 
TimNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

I, for one, would vote for splitting the classes between 17.5 and 19T if we can't come to a 100% agreement about 1 class-1 motor. And like the guys who are running 19T motors say it's cheaper, it's not cheaper for those of us who already went out and bought a 17.5 system thinking that was what was going to be run at Marshall's. And even if we were to vote to allow 13.5 to run with 19T, I just don't have the $80 to buy one right now, plus, like Alex says, 19T is too much for that track IMHO. I wish I was wealthy. I'd buy everyone a 17.5 system of their choosing and we'd be done with this issue. lol

Like I said before, on Sunday I basically maxed out with my gearing on the 17.5, as I think Dylan did too, and still we were not even close to the 19T guys on the top end OR the bottom end. It had nothing to do with driving skill or setup.

I don't think anyone is whining or complaining, just saying that we want to set a standard that is fair to everyone who wants to race there. And when the powers that be (ROAR, Novak, LRP, etc etc) all agree that a 17.5 is equal to a 27T brushed, I tend to believe them.

When we ran TC stock at Dirt Runners Sat. night, there was a guy there who had a TC5 with a Reedy 27T "Stock Star" in it and 6 cell NiMH. We were virtually the exact same speed coming down the straightaway. The only difference was that I had a little better setup than him, so I was faster overall. The only way to find out who is fastest on any given Sunday is to level the playing field, and I just don't think 19T and 17.5 are on the same level.
__________________
Trinity - Caster Racing USA - Panther Racing

Race Videos: http://www.youtube.com/TrackMasterTim
TimNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:50 AM   #1415
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Well said and presented post Tim.Nice.I agree we need to agree.That's why I proposed a vote.I am really not sure at the moment about this issue...Your track...is it bigger than Marshalls? That,maybe I'm wrong...nah,might be a factor in your findings.I'm for the moment going with my brushless and am looking to have a good day(not like the crazy last sunday) to see how it all stacks up.Splitting/together...as long as we are ALL having fun.HEY,RUBBER anyone????It is cool! The only problem with splitting is,...is it fun to run with only 2-3 cars.?Could be...we have a lot of fun in rubber that way.So....the story goes.Luv and Kissys,Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:14 AM   #1416
Tech Fanatic
 
TimNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1 View Post
Well said and presented post Tim.Nice.I agree we need to agree.That's why I proposed a vote.I am really not sure at the moment about this issue...Your track...is it bigger than Marshalls? That,maybe I'm wrong...nah,might be a factor in your findings.I'm for the moment going with my brushless and am looking to have a good day(not like the crazy last sunday) to see how it all stacks up.Splitting/together...as long as we are ALL having fun.HEY,RUBBER anyone????It is cool! The only problem with splitting is,...is it fun to run with only 2-3 cars.?Could be...we have a lot of fun in rubber that way.So....the story goes.Luv and Kissys,Mario.
Thanks, Mario, and you're right, our track isn't quite as big as Marshall's, but there's still plenty of room to be able to notice if one car is out-powering another car.

I agree that we shouldn't get too wrapped up in the politics, etc etc. First and foremost we're there to have fun and get faster each week. And splitting the classes would make things even, but most likely less fun at the same time because, like you said, there would only be a couple cars on the track at any given time.

I propose that we all try to get there early on Sunday, sit down with Bill, talk it over for a few minutes and then take a vote. Even if it's voted that 19T and 17.5 run together, I won't have any hard feelings and I'll keep coming up to race. I'll look at it as an extra challenge in that I will have to drive my absolute best to hang with the 19T cars.

This is just a random thought, but perhaps the guys who were running 27T brushed motors didn't play with their gearing enough? I mean look at me as an example... I ran 3 Q's and the main at the open house... Still didn't get my gearing right, but I got closer with each run. Then, on Sunday, I ran 2 more Q's and got closer on gearing... It wasn't til the Amain that I hit the sweet spot. So I'm just thinking that maybe the 27T guys just needed more time to play with their gearing.

Either way, it's good that we can communicate on this thread in this manner, rather than everyone getting all out of hand like we've all seen on so many other threads.
__________________
Trinity - Caster Racing USA - Panther Racing

Race Videos: http://www.youtube.com/TrackMasterTim
TimNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:31 AM   #1417
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Notice for sure..I was more referring to the torque/rpm characteristics on a short vs longer track.Would like to give it one more week maybe before we vote to be sure everyone has a chance to get in on it...notification time.Also,would like to play more with this myself to make up my mind.I do have to say...if we are basing this on Open House...me and Alex...the 2 of us were,in my VERy humble Opinion,Just that much above everyone..we had a "personal"battle going.One of my most enjoyable weekends racing.Had NOthing to do with lap times.Stock motors..most know them well.Not too sure that was/is it.Remember,Jeremy won that week with the stock motor.So.....off to the races.Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:48 AM   #1418
Tech Fanatic
 
TimNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

I wasn't saying that I was basing it on the open house race, I was just using that as an example of how someone, me in that instance, could take a while to find the right gearing for any given motor.

Yeah, you and Alex were really fast at the Open House. I'd say that Jamie, Mike, Jeff, Kate, me, etc are all closing the gap though. We're gonna have some great races this season, that's for sure.

I'm really looking forward to racing again on Sunday.
__________________
Trinity - Caster Racing USA - Panther Racing

Race Videos: http://www.youtube.com/TrackMasterTim
TimNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:05 AM   #1419
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNJ View Post
I wasn't saying that I was basing it on the open house race, I was just using that as an example of how someone, me in that instance, could take a while to find the right gearing for any given motor.

Yeah, you and Alex were really fast at the Open House. I'd say that Jamie, Mike, Jeff, Kate, me, etc are all closing the gap though. We're gonna have some great races this season, that's for sure.

I'm really looking forward to racing again on Sunday.
Not saying you were,just using that as an example.General reference.Yes,that's why I'm taking time with this.Lets see.M
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:27 AM   #1420
Tech Elite
 
RaceAce701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carbondale, Pa
Posts: 2,914
Trader Rating: 84 (99%+)
Default

i got it all solved guys just run open mod on pvc drift tires the top driver will rise to the top fast



ull get it figured out i have faith, sorda

hey mario did u here that they are bringing electric offroad back to motorama
__________________
The Skid Marks -- 24 Heures Du Jackson 9/22-23/2011
"Go for broke or go home broke"
"If it ant broke your not trying"
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:34 AM   #1421
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceAce701 View Post
i got it all solved guys just run open mod on pvc drift tires the top driver will rise to the top fast



ull get it figured out i have faith, sorda

hey mario did u here that they are bringing electric offroad back to motorama
No...Uh Oh.....Damn...no more offroad stuff.Where did you hear that?BTW,you coming in for the sunday of thanksgiving weekend?If we vote soon,that might be a good weekend.Bit more test/comparison and I'll have MY Opinion.M
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:56 AM   #1422
Tech Elite
 
RaceAce701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carbondale, Pa
Posts: 2,914
Trader Rating: 84 (99%+)
Default

big discussion on rc tech they put up a new building at motorama

and were looking at bringing electric back as well as nitro on 2 dirrefent tracks


ill b there the sunday or turky day

i have my own opinions but ill respect urs
__________________
The Skid Marks -- 24 Heures Du Jackson 9/22-23/2011
"Go for broke or go home broke"
"If it ant broke your not trying"
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #1423
Tech Fanatic
 
TimNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1 View Post
Not saying you were,just using that as an example.General reference.Yes,that's why I'm taking time with this.Lets see.M

Ok, cool. I'm fine with holding off on voting. As "the new guy", don't wanna step on any toes or make waves. I just wanna race!
__________________
Trinity - Caster Racing USA - Panther Racing

Race Videos: http://www.youtube.com/TrackMasterTim
TimNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:01 PM   #1424
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNJ View Post
Ok, cool. I'm fine with holding off on voting. As "the new guy", don't wanna step on any toes or make waves. I just wanna race!
Oh no..You race..you vote.It's all of us.Alex is only there a few times because of school...he votes.AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED.To those that need the volume turned up a bit.Would like to have as many of "US" as possible discussing/voting to be as fair as possible.M out roger this and all that.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #1425
Tech Fanatic
 
TimNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1 View Post
Oh no..You race..you vote.It's all of us.Alex is only there a few times because of school...he votes.AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED.To those that need the volume turned up a bit.Would like to have as many of "US" as possible discussing/voting to be as fair as possible.M out roger this and all that.

Oh, I know. I meant all of us as a group holding off on taking a vote til Alex gets back so he can have his say too. I didn't mean I'd be abstaining from voting. (Did I just say "abstaining" in an RC forum?) lol Is it Sunday yet? Let's race!
__________________
Trinity - Caster Racing USA - Panther Racing

Race Videos: http://www.youtube.com/TrackMasterTim
TimNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B&L Hobbies and Raceway JDriemeier Kansas/Missouri Racing 1411 07-25-2015 10:02 PM
Marshalls Hilltop hobbies "Your NEPA racing alternative" RaceAce701 Racing Forum 16 11-02-2007 07:43 AM
TK Hobbies and Raceway alb Track Locator Forum 0 11-08-2005 12:26 PM
Oak Mtn Hobbies and Raceway jaysimpson Alabama Racing 110 04-27-2005 05:24 AM
4 Fun Hobbies & Raceway Mister_Drifter Track Locator Forum 15 06-29-2004 09:10 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:46 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net