R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-18-2008, 06:43 AM   #1396
Tech Fanatic
 
TimNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdogli22 View Post
Thanks Tim,
I appreciate the info. I got alot of tweaking to do.....and never enough time or practice.
No problem, Theo. Take this for what it's worth coming from a carpet racing n00b like me, but your car looked close. It might just be a tire issue. Maybe dropping down to the next softer compound is all you need to do to get back the grip that you were missing.
__________________
Trinity - Caster Racing USA - Panther Racing

Race Videos: http://www.youtube.com/TrackMasterTim
TimNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:15 AM   #1397
Tech Regular
 
Dreamcatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 409
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceAce701 View Post
so i here u guys ar still playin with 19turns

a 19t is way 2 fast for marshalls ull never be able u use all of it


ill b back in 2 weeks for a rematch mario

maybe ill let u start infront this time
It's not about if you can use all of the power. You don't have to use all the power it's about having the power there to use when you need it. so now when the race is not about who has more power, you'll see who has the skill alot easier. and remember i'm an old man and no matter what i do you should still be able to out drive me. but do i sence alittle nervousness because your going to have to show more of your skill then power, being that the other guys now are going to be just as powerful as you? Remember Alex you've had the power on us for the past two years now it's time to start driving (not that you don't) Cause it will be harder to win bhaving everyone more equal in power. Let me tell you, we had so much fun this past weekend being that the 19t were used. and it was all about how close the racing was not about who won because they had more power. Oh! and Mario Again I must Say awesome Driving this past Sunday And be for you think on saying anything about what i just wrote ZIP IT.
See Ya At The Track,
J.C.
Dreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:20 AM   #1398
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Damie...you funny guy.It was fun,I agree.Driving was OK...too many cars to deal with...won't do that again.The 19 guys are pretty equal...in my opinion.Gunner did what he usually does Tim...not the motor..trust me.We will catch him.Goota go to work now.M
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:21 AM   #1399
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 224
Default motors

if you guys are gonna run a 19t..can someone run a 13.5 brushless???? b4 I hear that 17.5 is equal is not check roar website...I would like to see 19t 0r 13.5 for motors..or 17.5 and 27t..???????
motorhead68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:42 AM   #1400
Tech Regular
 
Dreamcatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 409
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceAce701 View Post
so i here u guys ar still playin with 19turns

a 19t is way 2 fast for marshalls ull never be able u use all of it


ill b back in 2 weeks for a rematch mario

maybe ill let u start infront this time
It's not about if you can use all of the power. You don't have to use all the power it's about having the power there to use when you need it. so now when the race is not about who has more power, you'll see who has the skill alot easier. and remember i'm an old man and no matter what i do you should still be able to out drive me. but do i sence alittle nervousness because your going to have to show more of your skill then power, being that the other guys now are going to be just as powerful as you? Remember Alex you've had the power on us for the past two years now it's time to start driving (not that you don't) Cause it will be harder to win bhaving everyone more equal in power. Let me tell you, we had so much fun this past weekend being that the 19t were used. and it was all about how close the racing was not about who won because they had more power. Oh! and Mario Again I must Say awesome Driving this past Sunday And be for you think on saying anything about what i just wrote ZIP IT.
See Ya At The Track,
J.C.
P.S.
Hey Tim Also awesome Driving! Great Job holding me off in the Main. looking forward to racing with you again.
Dreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:57 AM   #1401
Tech Fanatic
 
TimNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
P.S.
Hey Tim Also awesome Driving! Great Job holding me off in the Main. looking forward to racing with you again.
Thanks, Jaime. You did a great job too. There were a couple times where you could have easily done a bump-n-run on me, but you didn't and I appreciate that. It seems like everyone stepped up their game about 3 notches since 2 weeks ago. I can only imagine how good we'll all be by the end of the season.
__________________
Trinity - Caster Racing USA - Panther Racing

Race Videos: http://www.youtube.com/TrackMasterTim
TimNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #1402
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead68 View Post
if you guys are gonna run a 19t..can someone run a 13.5 brushless???? b4 I hear that 17.5 is equal is not check roar website...I would like to see 19t 0r 13.5 for motors..or 17.5 and 27t..???????
Hey whats up?We're really not running to ROAR rules"by the letter".We got together and found 19t brushed/17.5 brushless worked for us.Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #1403
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 224
Default

mario respectfully disagree on 19t and 17.5..I had to go up 4 teeth frm normal gearing and coundnt keep up with 19t on straight..would appreaciate being able to run 13.5?????
motorhead68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #1404
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Motorhead,A) it's really not my decision alone...bring it up sunday.The decision was mostly Jamie and Bill.No,I'm not putting it on them.Is this Dylan? Which brushless are you using? I was pulling Mickey on the straight with mine(LRP/trinity combo).It is a bit iffy...it does make it ALOT about setup and driving.The brushed do seem to have ..just a bit of an edge..MAYBE.My vote is to keep playing until we find what works for all.Last week,Jeremy won using a stock motor..it was toast,a bit,but he did win.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:02 AM   #1405
Tech Regular
 
Dreamcatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 409
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

OH My God! All The CryingAll cause i wanted us to have a good time racing each other instead of working all season long on just going faster than the other guy. in that case lets do what should have been done from the beginning, the brushless run with the brushless and the 19t turn run with the brushed 19t and lets stop wasting time on all this BS,lets just go race and have fun out driving each other rather then out powering each other, easy as that! 19t Is cheaper too. Oh and by the way, i don't know why my other post came up twice
See Ya Sunday,
JC
Dreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:41 AM   #1406
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
OH My God! All The CryingAll cause i wanted us to have a good time racing each other instead of working all season long on just going faster than the other guy. in that case lets do what should have been done from the beginning, the brushless run with the brushless and the 19t turn run with the brushed 19t and lets stop wasting time on all this BS,lets just go race and have fun out driving each other rather then out powering each other, easy as that! 19t Is cheaper too. Oh and by the way, i don't know why my other post came up twice
See Ya Sunday,
JC
attitude...attitude..This can be interpeted as crying too Ya know!Let's just do sa I say On top of you(the post Damie)and play and work it all out.Cheeeez! Part of the fun is working at being faster not whining like the oval Bitch.....s.:nod.Thats for BOTH sides!M
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:15 AM   #1407
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 224
Default

NOBODYS WHINING... I WAS TOLD IT WAS 17.5 AND IS IT???? AND ENOUGH
WITH THE ATTITUDE OF OVAL B***H...SIMPLE QUESTION AS TO WHAT THE RULE IS AND AS USUAL YOUR CALLED A WHINER...TOO MUCH DRAMA WITH
EVERYBODY
motorhead68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:29 AM   #1408
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead68 View Post
NOBODYS WHINING... I WAS TOLD IT WAS 17.5 AND IS IT???? AND ENOUGH
WITH THE ATTITUDE OF OVAL B***H...SIMPLE QUESTION AS TO WHAT THE RULE IS AND AS USUAL YOUR CALLED A WHINER...TOO MUCH DRAMA WITH
EVERYBODY
Whining quote was directed at him,not you...READ.Did not consider your posts whining.The oval guys do whine...they start a class and when someone WORKS harder than someone else,the whining begins and the class goes away.So do the roadcourse guys...obviously.Yes...WAY too much drama.AT THE MOMENT...IT IS 17.5 BRUSHLESS/19T BRUSHED.Ya all know...we can vote on this.THAT would solve alot.Wouldn't it.Peace and love to all.Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:36 AM   #1409
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 224
Default

OK MARIO..YES WOULD LIKE A VOTE OR WE JUST ALL AGREE ON WHATS GONNA BE RUN AND STICK TO IT.. JUST WANNA RACE WITHOUT PROMBLEMS
motorhead68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:50 AM   #1410
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead68 View Post
OK MARIO..YES WOULD LIKE A VOTE OR WE JUST ALL AGREE ON WHATS GONNA BE RUN AND STICK TO IT.. JUST WANNA RACE WITHOUT PROMBLEMS
Me too.Which,unfortunatly,is why I get involved in ths "stuff".The vote idea ,I think,is best because like Bill did with the oval guys,it can be done anonimously.This will,hopefully,kill any hard feelings over the vote direction.I'm still on the fence about 19t/17.5 to be honest but,am going with it to see whats up.2 weeks for the vote????...would like Kate to be there and also it will give us the time to get the word to Everyone.OR?????Let things go this way for awhile,then vote???Once again...peace and love to all,Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B&L Hobbies and Raceway JDriemeier Kansas/Missouri Racing 1411 07-25-2015 10:02 PM
Marshalls Hilltop hobbies "Your NEPA racing alternative" RaceAce701 Racing Forum 16 11-02-2007 07:43 AM
TK Hobbies and Raceway alb Track Locator Forum 0 11-08-2005 12:26 PM
Oak Mtn Hobbies and Raceway jaysimpson Alabama Racing 110 04-27-2005 05:24 AM
4 Fun Hobbies & Raceway Mister_Drifter Track Locator Forum 15 06-29-2004 09:10 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:38 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net