R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2008, 01:13 PM   #1051
Tech Regular
 
j_griffis90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: honesdale pa
Posts: 402
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Send a message via AIM to j_griffis90
Default

i had mine up there last tuesday. the are a blast. might wanna play wit rear a lil bit, its a lil loose. otha then that, they are awesome........
__________________
xray t2 '007 US
Team Losi 8T w/ LRP Z.28r
Futaba 3PK w/ FAAST
www.teamfullthrottle.net <--- team driver
j_griffis90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:39 PM   #1052
Tech Adept
 
Roadburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere Near Scranton Pa.
Posts: 213
Default Suinday

Anyone going up this sunday to run if its nice? Almost got the TC5 back together.
Roadburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:53 AM   #1053
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadburn View Post
Anyone going up this sunday to run if its nice? Almost got the TC5 back together.
Should be there.Missed last sunday...family...
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:32 AM   #1054
Tech Regular
 
j_griffis90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: honesdale pa
Posts: 402
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Send a message via AIM to j_griffis90
Default

i may b up there..... i dont know if ill b racing saturday cause im gonna go ride wit a couple friends. 4 wheelers that is
__________________
xray t2 '007 US
Team Losi 8T w/ LRP Z.28r
Futaba 3PK w/ FAAST
www.teamfullthrottle.net <--- team driver
j_griffis90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #1055
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default .....................

Looking good for tomorrow.Got the electrics ready to test.Bit to do to the nitro.Probably be there about 10:30 or so after the F1 race.Jamie/Charlie you guys still about?????Interested????Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #1056
Tech Adept
 
Roadburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere Near Scranton Pa.
Posts: 213
Default sunday

Sorry I didnt make it up guys, late night friday lead into a domino effect of feeling like shit the whole weekend. Plus racing till 1am Saturday didnt help much. I guess I'm gettin old. I see rain for the entire week which I hope that changes. I'll talk to yas.

Craigger
Roadburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:13 AM   #1057
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadburn View Post
Sorry I didnt make it up guys, late night friday lead into a domino effect of feeling like shit the whole weekend. Plus racing till 1am Saturday didnt help much. I guess I'm gettin old. I see rain for the entire week which I hope that changes. I'll talk to yas.

Craigger
You are old.Not getting.Weekend might clear out.Hope so.We shall see.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:14 AM   #1058
Tech Regular
 
shamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 387
Default

Lotis,sent pm
__________________
CHARLIE SCHAUMBURG

XRAY NT1 2013 / FORDHAM HOBBIES / HOT RACE TYRES/ Port Jervis NY Onroad Raceway/ FLOYD BENNET RACEWAY / McPappy Racing /
shamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:05 AM   #1059
Tech Elite
 
raffaelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
Posts: 2,924
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Mario, if you are still interested in running your F103, you should check out TT. We had our season opener yesterday. In the Endurance Class we ran F103 LMP with touring 4wd GT3 on the track at the same time. 5 minutes qualifiers and 1 hour main. We have refined the rules to make the speed differences in the LMP and GT cars match reality. The result is an awesome time racing. If your into the F103, I think you are, this is the place to race it. If you’re interested, drop me a note and I will get you more info on the car set ups. Plus there are Mini Coopers abound!
__________________
24ITA
raffaelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:36 AM   #1060
Tech Regular
 
topdogli22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lackawaxen, PA 18435
Posts: 338
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking 1st Onroad Race of the Season (Asphalt)

Hey, whats up guys? I think this first race went pretty well. I was pleased with where I placed in the A main...(2nd)..lol I want to find out from everyone that runs the 18r exactly what rules we are going to set in place about hop ups. I noticed that some people are using home made stick packs. I remember in the last season there was some debate as to Ed using a stick pack that i had repaired for him because it wasn't stock. I want to know what everyone thinks about the battery and hop up situation. I myself think that we should be allowed to run our own stick packs and any aluminum hop up. this would also be great considering how sloppy these cars are. By adding aluminum hop ups to an 18r is in no way giving anyone such an advantage that it could be considered unfair. Batteries though would be the unfair advantage that nobody wants the other to have, but im not complaining. I ran the whiplash 1400 with no probs for the main. Aluminum parts for the 18r are so cheap that no one should be crying about money. You can get a whole aluminum kit for 40 bucks for this car on E-bay. I plan on puttin some nice shiny aluminum on my ride and I hope that nobody starts with the drama.
topdogli22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #1061
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdogli22 View Post
Hey, whats up guys? I think this first race went pretty well. I was pleased with where I placed in the A main...(2nd)..lol I want to find out from everyone that runs the 18r exactly what rules we are going to set in place about hop ups. I noticed that some people are using home made stick packs. I remember in the last season there was some debate as to Ed using a stick pack that i had repaired for him because it wasn't stock. I want to know what everyone thinks about the battery and hop up situation. I myself think that we should be allowed to run our own stick packs and any aluminum hop up. this would also be great considering how sloppy these cars are. By adding aluminum hop ups to an 18r is in no way giving anyone such an advantage that it could be considered unfair. Batteries though would be the unfair advantage that nobody wants the other to have, but im not complaining. I ran the whiplash 1400 with no probs for the main. Aluminum parts for the 18r are so cheap that no one should be crying about money. You can get a whole aluminum kit for 40 bucks for this car on E-bay. I plan on puttin some nice shiny aluminum on my ride and I hope that nobody starts with the drama.
Theo???????What's up.The decision was made to keep the class pretty much box stock for money reasons.A couple people went and put threaded shocks and alum steering setups on now with turnbuckles.It's meant to be a pure fun class...not a money dump like touring etc.Yes the parts are cheap but...then what? The batteries went from stock to 1500..everyone needs batts so...not really an issue.I myself will be running some 1300's that I have laying around.Don't really think thats an issue either..to be real.Kinda look at mini cooper...the only hopup is for durability.Everyone leaves the stand with smiles and laughs...what more could you want!mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:15 PM   #1062
Tech Regular
 
topdogli22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lackawaxen, PA 18435
Posts: 338
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Yes it's Theo............When you say we have decided, I was wonderin who the we people are? I would like to get the feedback from everyone who is running in the class. The last time i spoke to bill about the 18r class he also told me that any aluminum hop ups were fine and told me what the obvious things were that we could not change. My 18r is bone stock except for turnbuckles, radio (2pl) and whiplash 1400 batt. I ran just fine this weekend with that setup, but i am the type of guy that likes not only to have a fast car, but a nice looking one. (bling! bling!) I will eventually be putting aluminum hop ups on my ride and once again i hope nobody starts any drama. Again i don't think any amount of aluminum upgrades is going to tip the balance of a win in anyones favor. With that said there shouldn't be a problem if some people gottem and some don't. (ohhhh yeah,...the only reason everyone was smilin at the end of the mini cooper race was because there were only 3 mini coopers racing...and a spec that did not count.)
topdogli22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #1063
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdogli22 View Post
Yes it's Theo............When you say we have decided, I was wonderin who the we people are? I would like to get the feedback from everyone who is running in the class. The last time i spoke to bill about the 18r class he also told me that any aluminum hop ups were fine and told me what the obvious things were that we could not change. My 18r is bone stock except for turnbuckles, radio (2pl) and whiplash 1400 batt. I ran just fine this weekend with that setup, but i am the type of guy that likes not only to have a fast car, but a nice looking one. (bling! bling!) I will eventually be putting aluminum hop ups on my ride and once again i hope nobody starts any drama. Again i don't think any amount of aluminum upgrades is going to tip the balance of a win in anyones favor. With that said there shouldn't be a problem if some people gottem and some don't. (ohhhh yeah,...the only reason everyone was smilin at the end of the mini cooper race was because there were only 3 mini coopers racing...and a spec that did not count.)
Now now...Don't get heated.The "we" is the original racers...Craig,Alex,Jeramie,Ed,Me,Kate.We did have a meeting on this.If things are going to change..lets put it to a vote.Oh,and Bill is in that list too.Originally.Don't get me wrong..I like "bling" too..ever see my F1 and LMP? woohoo,blue!!!And it was thye 18r race I was refering to..Who cres about mini cooper!
We all agreed we don't want the class to become like saturday nite with 5-600 dollar 18r's running around,thats all.M
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:17 PM   #1064
Tech Regular
 
topdogli22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lackawaxen, PA 18435
Posts: 338
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1 View Post
Now now...Don't get heated.The "we" is the original racers...Craig,Alex,Jeramie,Ed,Me,Kate.We did have a meeting on this.If things are going to change..lets put it to a vote.Oh,and Bill is in that list too.Originally.Don't get me wrong..I like "bling" too..ever see my F1 and LMP? woohoo,blue!!!And it was thye 18r race I was refering to..Who cres about mini cooper!
We all agreed we don't want the class to become like saturday nite with 5-600 dollar 18r's running around,thats all.M
I'm not getting heated....Not Yet!..lol...What we should do is create an actual rule book or a list for each individual car class that is actually placed at the track for everyone to see. Everybody likes to change there minds when it better suites them. Bill couldn't care less what the 18r's do because he's not running one. Anytime I ask somebody a question I get a different answer. I think taking a vote among all current registered 18r drivers would be a good idea . You know as well as I know, that it's not how much money you got in the car that wins races, but the driver behind the little wheel. I don't care if i'm racing against a totally hopped up 18r or not. If i lose it's because I either drove like SHIT or my car became the bullseye for the race.
__________________
"Nobody said it would be easy"
Theo (TopDog) Balu
Hpi Pro4 , Losi JRXS Type R , CRC GenX 1/12 , Associated 18R
Team Magic G4 ,Tamiya M03Minicooper , Losi XXXNT AD1
topdogli22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:02 PM   #1065
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default .............

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
Mario, if you are still interested in running your F103, you should check out TT. We had our season opener yesterday. In the Endurance Class we ran F103 LMP with touring 4wd GT3 on the track at the same time. 5 minutes qualifiers and 1 hour main. We have refined the rules to make the speed differences in the LMP and GT cars match reality. The result is an awesome time racing. If your into the F103, I think you are, this is the place to race it. If you’re interested, drop me a note and I will get you more info on the car set ups. Plus there are Mini Coopers abound!
Hey...missed this.Is it still bone stock????or can my blingmobile compete???Whats the website?will look into it since Bill is not doing dirt(know anybody looking for a B4 or a T4?)only asphalt the first sunday of each month.What else is running?TC?been really liking rubber TC.M
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B&L Hobbies and Raceway JDriemeier Kansas/Missouri Racing 1411 07-25-2015 10:02 PM
Marshalls Hilltop hobbies "Your NEPA racing alternative" RaceAce701 Racing Forum 16 11-02-2007 07:43 AM
TK Hobbies and Raceway alb Track Locator Forum 0 11-08-2005 12:26 PM
Oak Mtn Hobbies and Raceway jaysimpson Alabama Racing 110 04-27-2005 05:24 AM
4 Fun Hobbies & Raceway Mister_Drifter Track Locator Forum 15 06-29-2004 09:10 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:07 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net