R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2007, 12:33 PM   #796
Tech Regular
 
j_griffis90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: honesdale pa
Posts: 402
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Send a message via AIM to j_griffis90
Default

sounds like ur havin fun. hope ur time there is great nd try to bring both cyclones bck in 1 piece. lol ttyl man
__________________
xray t2 '007 US
Team Losi 8T w/ LRP Z.28r
Futaba 3PK w/ FAAST
www.teamfullthrottle.net <--- team driver
j_griffis90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 12:45 PM   #797
Tech Elite
 
RaceAce701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carbondale, Pa
Posts: 2,908
Trader Rating: 84 (99%+)
Default

track is easy and fast

tried dbl pink all around and it was traction roll city inlu have a bref 3 min practice left so no more time 2 play with them

back to dblpink orange i will try some more compound and adjust roll center'

im about 1 sec off in stock but about 2.5 off in 19t

got my work cut out
__________________
The Skid Marks -- 24 Heures Du Jackson 9/22-23/2011
"Go for broke or go home broke"
"If it ant broke your not trying"
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #798
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceAce701 View Post
track is easy and fast

tried dbl pink all around and it was traction roll city inlu have a bref 3 min practice left so no more time 2 play with them

back to dblpink orange i will try some more compound and adjust roll center'

im about 1 sec off in stock but about 2.5 off in 19t

got my work cut out
Go with what's comfortable for the 1st qual.Try the grey in the rear or grey all around.They rotate much better than dblpink.Just soak em about 5min more than the dblpinks.M
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 07:24 AM   #799
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

HEY Eric....You still around????I put my 1/12th back together with a 19turn in it.You wanna play?Gonna bring it with me on sunday.Be there..there...there...Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:42 AM   #800
Tech Elite
 
RaceAce701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carbondale, Pa
Posts: 2,908
Trader Rating: 84 (99%+)
Default

well its over had a bast started last in the stock d main worked up 2 4th and was presuring hard fro 3rd but 5th came up and we tangled and fell back 2 7th and we spred out and couldnt close up there was a big wreck in the last lap in teh frint strech but wasnt quite close enought to make up any spots.


19t started 4th in e main went up 2 2nd after the first lap the 3rd caugt me as my car was way loose we tangled i fell 2 4th was chasing down 3th then he wrecked i pased him the i wrecked the next corner

chased 3rd the rest of the race and just couldnt close up quickh enough as the car was a bit to loose

finished 4th
__________________
The Skid Marks -- 24 Heures Du Jackson 9/22-23/2011
"Go for broke or go home broke"
"If it ant broke your not trying"
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 11:01 AM   #801
Tech Elite
 
RaceAce701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carbondale, Pa
Posts: 2,908
Trader Rating: 84 (99%+)
Default

good luck everyone have fun let me know how the day went see you all next sunday

look out jeremy
__________________
The Skid Marks -- 24 Heures Du Jackson 9/22-23/2011
"Go for broke or go home broke"
"If it ant broke your not trying"
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:56 PM   #802
Tech Fanatic
 
superslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: pennslyvania
Posts: 984
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

hey mario, i am probally hanging up the control for the winter. i hope someone takes over the outside track that could be interesting. also how many are showing up for touring car???
superslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:05 AM   #803
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslow View Post
hey mario, i am probally hanging up the control for the winter. i hope someone takes over the outside track that could be interesting. also how many are showing up for touring car???
WUSS..In capital letters too.We be trying to get classes working on a consistant weekly basis.The only constants seem to be TC,mini cooper(),and the new 1/18th tc class.Only 3 of us F1's...and biweekly since Kate works every other weekend.TC has about 8 constant racers now.10-12 every other week when the middletown biys come.So....you should be here.M
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:30 AM   #804
Tech Regular
 
j_griffis90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: honesdale pa
Posts: 402
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Send a message via AIM to j_griffis90
Default

c'mon eric u kno ya want to!!!!need more racers
__________________
xray t2 '007 US
Team Losi 8T w/ LRP Z.28r
Futaba 3PK w/ FAAST
www.teamfullthrottle.net <--- team driver
j_griffis90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:44 AM   #805
Tech Fanatic
 
superslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: pennslyvania
Posts: 984
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

if i can get back on first shift, i will be racing again. i am on second shift now and with two kids the only time i get to see them is on the weekends so it wouldnt make sense in rc racing instead. i hope you guys are getting faster, because if i get back to first shift for the new year. i am going to be like a friggin ball of fire whoooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

lol
superslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:23 AM   #806
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslow View Post
if i can get back on first shift, i will be racing again. i am on second shift now and with two kids the only time i get to see them is on the weekends so it wouldnt make sense in rc racing instead. i hope you guys are getting faster, because if i get back to first shift for the new year. i am going to be like a friggin ball of fire whoooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

lol
Understand about the work thing...been there/done that.But....about the racing????M
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:39 PM   #807
Tech Adept
 
Roadburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere Near Scranton Pa.
Posts: 213
Default sunday

Hey good run guys, I still can't believe 11 18's. I think Bill should give me commission on 18r sales. Dot was telling me there is about 10 that was sold as X-mas presents so maybe the class will grow after the holidays. I think I may switch to 75 mhz, there will be less confusion. Nice run Jeromie!!!

Craigger
Roadburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:18 PM   #808
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadburn View Post
Hey good run guys, I still can't believe 11 18's. I think Bill should give me commission on 18r sales. Dot was telling me there is about 10 that was sold as X-mas presents so maybe the class will grow after the holidays. I think I may switch to 75 mhz, there will be less confusion. Nice run Jeromie!!!

Craigger
So much for Bill keeping the class box stock.So..now we can switch???FM would be nice with all the features.Fun day..even with all the problems.See all next week.Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:25 PM   #809
Tech Adept
 
Roadburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere Near Scranton Pa.
Posts: 213
Default 18's

Well, I know what Bill was trying not to see in the class. He was pretty stern at first when we suggested the class to keep it box stock. But then, I was constantly suggesting things and he had to rethink it. After we set on a few rules Open House came allong and just blew everything out of the water. What Bill didnt want to see happen and actually I had to agree with him was this: The oval guys had a class with the 18t's, I guess at first it was a pretty good class. There was no battey or motor rule basicly an open class. Well, people were spending hundreds of dollars hopping up the cars to the point where no one wanted to run it anymore. An oval guy told me he put $500 into his 18t...thats just nuts.
So basicly what I know of for the oval and mini touring class is this. You must run the 370 motors and you could run 1400 stick packs. ESC under $100, any radio ( at first he did insist on the box stock ) now with all the intre's it would be cool to have 8 in the mains. The recoils are running a different motor, I went through this with Bill. However everything I've seen so far they are junk. I believe he is letting us run any servo and any hop-ups. However watch the your weight. Check out the Hot-Racings Graphite chassis. I may be running these Sat. oval, if so I'm building another car and getting that chassis.

Any ya guys running CVD's?

Craigger
Roadburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:48 AM   #810
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadburn View Post
Well, I know what Bill was trying not to see in the class. He was pretty stern at first when we suggested the class to keep it box stock. But then, I was constantly suggesting things and he had to rethink it. After we set on a few rules Open House came allong and just blew everything out of the water. What Bill didnt want to see happen and actually I had to agree with him was this: The oval guys had a class with the 18t's, I guess at first it was a pretty good class. There was no battey or motor rule basicly an open class. Well, people were spending hundreds of dollars hopping up the cars to the point where no one wanted to run it anymore. An oval guy told me he put $500 into his 18t...thats just nuts.
So basicly what I know of for the oval and mini touring class is this. You must run the 370 motors and you could run 1400 stick packs. ESC under $100, any radio ( at first he did insist on the box stock ) now with all the intre's it would be cool to have 8 in the mains. The recoils are running a different motor, I went through this with Bill. However everything I've seen so far they are junk. I believe he is letting us run any servo and any hop-ups. However watch the your weight. Check out the Hot-Racings Graphite chassis. I may be running these Sat. oval, if so I'm building another car and getting that chassis.

Any ya guys running CVD's?

Craigger
I hear what your saying..Don't really care about the oval guys..they can be real idiots when it comes to this.500.00 in something like this.AND what about these new cars being sold as christmas presents...so now they have to spend more to run with us.?.Don't make sense for a fun class.The mini coopers have done fine for years box stock..the only hop up being the front hubs.Seems here we go again with the"if I spend more money..I'll be fastest"stuff.Lets save that for the real TC's...keep this fun.M
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B&L Hobbies and Raceway JDriemeier Kansas/Missouri Racing 1411 07-25-2015 10:02 PM
Marshalls Hilltop hobbies "Your NEPA racing alternative" RaceAce701 Racing Forum 16 11-02-2007 07:43 AM
TK Hobbies and Raceway alb Track Locator Forum 0 11-08-2005 12:26 PM
Oak Mtn Hobbies and Raceway jaysimpson Alabama Racing 110 04-27-2005 05:24 AM
4 Fun Hobbies & Raceway Mister_Drifter Track Locator Forum 15 06-29-2004 09:10 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:50 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net