Wiki Posts
Search

Marshalls Hilltop Hobbies raceway Pa.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

i had the BMI out last night and got it dialed in

im off to horshem for the ORL@ race this sat and the expres north and south shootout next weekend
Old 11-30-2006, 02:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaceAce701
i had the BMI out last night and got it dialed in

im off to horshem for the ORL@ race this sat and the expres north and south shootout next weekend
Wish ya luck!!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Hey,

Have fun...do good.Mario.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

wish i could be there
Old 12-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default racing

I stopped into the track today, looking at racing there. As i just moved to the area from the Chicago area, I was wondering about the racing there? It seemed a little rough today. Alot of banging and, well, not much driver respect. Can anyone tell me if this is the norm, or is it usually better? I like the track, but just a little turned off abotu todays racing, not a good thing to see for the first time.

Kurt
Old 12-04-2006, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Default Hmmm

Originally Posted by lockhead2
I stopped into the track today, looking at racing there. As i just moved to the area from the Chicago area, I was wondering about the racing there? It seemed a little rough today. Alot of banging and, well, not much driver respect. Can anyone tell me if this is the norm, or is it usually better? I like the track, but just a little turned off abotu todays racing, not a good thing to see for the first time.

Kurt
Well...I'll try to answer this.If your refering to 1/12th scale...the class is mixed with beginners and experienced racers.It does get a little rough looking due to that.TC...we do race hard.We all know each other well,having raced together for a few years.It might have gotten a bit rough(was in the A so I couldn't tell)BUT we all do try to race as clean as we can.It's a GREAT bunch of people,all very friendly and helpfull(except Jamie ).Maybe come back and introduce yourself to some of us for a more personal perspective.Sorry it seemed that way,I understand your point,but there is alot of respect and trying going on.(except Jamie ).Mario.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:04 AM
Suspended

well we usually race cleaner but the track was kinda tight and everyone was pushing hard like mario sed we are all great friend and we dont mind a little rubbin between friends

introduce yourself everyone will talke and share the little tips and tricks

wat class are you interested in racing Kurt???

i wont b there this weekend as om going the express north south shootout but ill b there the week after some come over and talk with me ill help u get started here its lots of fun.

Alex. K the one with the spiky hat
Old 12-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lotus1
Well...I'll try to answer this.If your refering to 1/12th scale...the class is mixed with beginners and experienced racers.It does get a little rough looking due to that.TC...we do race hard.We all know each other well,having raced together for a few years.It might have gotten a bit rough(was in the A so I couldn't tell)BUT we all do try to race as clean as we can.It's a GREAT bunch of people,all very friendly and helpfull(except Jamie ).Maybe come back and introduce yourself to some of us for a more personal perspective.Sorry it seemed that way,I understand your point,but there is alot of respect and trying going on.(except Jamie ).Mario.
He's not telling the truth But Alex is!
Welcome Kurt!
Old 12-05-2006, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
He's not telling the truth But Alex is!
Welcome Kurt!
Hey,stop being a clown. OH....by the way.... woof woof.Got the 1/12th going...watch out John it's working real good. Touring car is next. Should have that sorted out by this weekend.Time to stop experimenting and race. BTW,Jamie,whats those 1/8th cars again?See all sunday,Mario.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool New to the area, and looking to get back into the groove...

Well first off, I'm 26 years old and like long walks on short piers, taking hikes, and also getting lost.

On a serious note, I live about 20 minutes or so from MHH, and am looking into the possibility of racing again.

I used to race my RC10 (Graphite Chassis w/ Stealth Trans) at Trains and Lanes in Easton, Pa when they had the outdoor clay oval (not sure if they still do or not), and raced my RC10L on the carpet track upstairs in the winter, and moved up and bought a brand new RC10T (Black Tub Chassis/Stealth Trans) and raced that at A&D's R/C works in Stroudsburg, Pa. This was what feels like eons ago. I still have my truck, and it's 100% original. Complete with a novak T-4, and a Green Machine stock 27 turn motor. Anyone who has ever driven something like this at least 10 years ago has to feel the same way about it that I do. I am looking for a 1/10 scale electric class (Don't have the $ or the motivation to move onto gas or go any smaller than 1/10 scale unless I can do it cheaply.)

Is it possible to still drive a completely original 1st Gen RC10/T and still be competitive? (I'm not really worried about all the upgrades and having the fastest car out there. I am just curious as to how well my truck can keep up with the newer stuff out there (electric 1/10 scale cars and trucks). It's all about the driving anyway.

Well just figured I'd throw that out there. I'm looking to get back into it either way.

The RL name is Jeremy btw and my nick makes sense if you read it backwards and inverted.

Throw me some ideas or some info PLEASE!
Old 12-05-2006, 07:43 AM
Suspended

yes than can be compedative but not sure wat class you could run it is stock truck is the only clas it would b good in

my terminator is basicly a rc10 it and it is the hot ticket for dirt oval
Old 12-05-2006, 07:46 AM
Tech Rookie

What classes do they run at Marshalls? Do they have a stock class? I always used my RC10 for Dirt Oval, and the 10T for Offroad.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:16 AM
Suspended

oval is made up of mostly pan cars stocl and 19

they do have a touring car class and a stock oval truck class and a street spec class

as well as a novice car class

they have a greabox clas that ur rc10 wouldd fit right in but no one runs it
Old 12-05-2006, 08:23 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm in carbondale too btw a couple blocks from the hospital. What are the requirements for the stock truck oval class? Motor Reqs, Battery Reqs, etc?
Old 12-05-2006, 08:45 AM
Suspended

i live on brooklyn street a few houses past ezmans car lot on ur way out of town

stock truck

track stock motor ist a silvercan purple endbell handout motor

1600 spec pack

truck body

and foam tires

thats it

havent race ovil in a wile so not sure how big the class is

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.