R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 03-17-2003, 11:11 AM   #106
Tech Regular

Default Updates

For continual racing updates and results emailed to you go to
Titus Email registration

Last edited by ChrisCrash; 03-17-2003 at 09:06 PM.
ChrisCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 08:32 PM   #107
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Help!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCrash
I will discount the first 10 guys who show up to help $2 on their first entry. By the way additional classes are $4.
Thanks to the guys who showed up to give me some input!
If I get 10 guys out, the track will be ready to go by 11am, that means 2 hours of practice!
If anyone has suggestions, while I am a stuborn fool and alway want things my way, I do actually listen, and appreciate input. See ya at the races!

p.s. Pic of track in racing section of web page
http://www.titushobbies.com
hey chris I'll be there to help set-up so you can count on me being there early..
Old 03-18-2003, 09:55 PM   #108
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Chris,
Will your generator be for all to use? If so are you going to have enough power for everyone's charges, soldering irons, fans etc...? I just need to know if I should bring the 12v car batts I usually use just in case.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:18 PM   #109
Tech Elite

Default Racing in Corona, CA. 3/23/03

Chris Crash;

What time do you need us there to help set-up??

Thanks,
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 06:12 AM   #110
Tech Regular

Default Answers

I will be starting setup at 10:30am, anyone who is willing to help can be there around that time...
As for power, here is how it works:
the generator is 5000watts, as we let people hook in we will do the calculations on their draw rate, when we hit 4000watts, no new devices will be allowed... Home Depot told me that 5000watts is like running a small home? So if you have other power sources, that are portable, you might want to bring them so people don't get left out? Maybe those of you who have generators as well can bring them, and people can give you a few dollars for gas to hook in if our generator is full. we look like we can atleast power 10-15 chargers or irons without overloading. I will take some numbers to Home Depot tonight and get a better answer! I also know there is a power outlet close by to were we are going to put the track (Tennis Courts) I will be looking for it today, so I can divert the PC, Transponder, and PA system!
Old 03-19-2003, 07:35 PM   #111
Tech Elite

Default Power calculations

ChrisCrash;

My numbers say if you limit the load to around 4,000W, that's about 30-35 Amps, 5-6 amps per Charger, 1/2 amp per Iron, 6 people Max and enough to spare for the Race equipment.

Problem is if you let Mark Blackout racer plug in, He can SMOKE the whole works all on his own! Don't you know the old saying? Where there's SMOKE, there's MB.

Me and the BOYS will be there by 10:30 am then. See you on Sunday.

Last edited by popsracer; 03-19-2003 at 07:42 PM.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 08:49 PM   #112
Tech Elite

Talking smoking? who me?!!!

thats alright poop's I'll tell you how to really throw your car at a pit table when you get mad!! ( last time I raced at R/C comp I felt sorry for your gas car) I think it wanted to cry ...
Old 03-19-2003, 08:54 PM   #113
Tech Elite

Talking power!! jkerr0043

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
Chris,
Will your generator be for all to use? If so are you going to have enough power for everyone's charges, soldering irons, fans etc...? I just need to know if I should bring the 12v car batts I usually use just in case.
You might bring them any way you never know, just a thought...
Old 03-19-2003, 09:00 PM   #114
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

CC, you calculate (total wattage of generator) divide by volts (should be 120v) = total amps used

So a 5000w gen. divide by 120v = total of 41.66 amps.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:28 PM   #115
Tech Regular

Default Find the power

Well looks like I need to find those power outlets! Also we made some changes to the track today. 1X1's have been replaced with 2X3's, changed track inside color to yellow as requested. Next race we should have the outside boards ready 6" plywood, color to be determined. Driver stand has gone back to design phase as we need something that sets up in around 15minutes! Anyone know of a company with 20 feet of pallot racks they'd like to get rid of, or some scafalting (spelling?)!
Old 03-19-2003, 09:48 PM   #116
Tech Elite

Default Re: Find the power

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCrash
Well looks like I need to find those power outlets! Also we made some changes to the track today. 1X1's have been replaced with 2X3's, changed track inside color to yellow as requested. Next race we should have the outside boards ready 6" plywood, color to be determined. Driver stand has gone back to design phase as we need something that sets up in around 15minutes! Anyone know of a company with 20 feet of pallot racks they'd like to get rid of, or some scafalting (spelling?)!
CC not sur about about pallot racks but most of the racers now bring there own step stools to stand on so we should be ok sunday...color's sound cool see ya sunday.....just pick a color for outside boards thats up to you......l8tr..
Old 03-21-2003, 10:26 AM   #117
Tech Regular

Default Good News

Someone who read thread at R/C Car Action, is checking on Pallot Rack for track! So may have excellent driver stand for April 6th Race!
Also, will have extra power from school for Sunday, there are outlets on Tennis Courts next to track.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:39 PM   #118
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Chris,
It's a little tough to tell from the pics if the layout is as wide open as it looks. Is the 150 ft the length of the longest straight as well? I was just wondering if I should start out with a locked front diff in my TC3 or not. I'm looking forward to running the sportsman modified class. I got a new D5 9x1 for that class
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 07:26 PM   #119
Tech Regular

Default Track Spec's

Back straight is actually 130', that allows for minimum 10' lanes. If you've been to revelation raceway, their straightaway is 160'. If you race at hobby people, this track will seem huge! I run a solid front, even at revelation, but people say I'm Crazy? I just don't like no brakes, I love to pass by late breaking before turns. The track I'm laying out is the same as the practice day, which was both fast in some areas, and technical in others... I think you'll be okay with the solid front axel...

p.s. someone has voluntered to take both high quality pic's, and video, so it'll be up on the web for people to get a better look at the track. See YA
Old 03-21-2003, 08:20 PM   #120
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Why don't you use a front 1-way and a solid rear for mucho power! FAST!