R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 10-15-2003, 07:16 AM   #571
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by TireShredder
Not the $2.00 increase thing again!
ya the 2 dollar increase again. besides the 19t hand out motor will be the new reedy quad its well worth the extra little two bucks

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 09:08 AM   #572
Tech Master

Location: Bending Corners R/C Raceway(s) 2190 North Canal Street Orange, CA 92865

HH, swinging from CCrash nuts again, again and again.

I would have thought that your mouth would be full by now but you always seem to find some extra room for the salties nutz.

CC: MORE FOR YOUR MONEY? What if people were having a hard time coming up with the original $35.00 in the first place to run that class? The MORE FOR YOUR MONEY DOESn't help them.

I'm sure that if you are interested in having your favorite buddies at the track for this race you would have ask them if the $2.00/bucks might be a factor for other drivers who might come from 20-50miles away, have to purchase lunch, and then drive another 20-50miles back home.

Just keep doing your thang, I'm learning a lot, teacher.
TireShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 09:59 AM   #573
Tech Apprentice

Default Take a deep breath, slowly exhale, relax!

Man oh man,

Some people need to take a happy pill or something.

First off, it is the race coordinators priviledge and responsibility to make the races interesting, and with a mind to cost effectiveness as well. It also means that he has the final decision on what will take place. That means trade offs, and hopefully as few changes as possible in a reasonable time before the race, and setting a cutoff date where you bite the bullet and make no changes even when it would be something great to have, but not enough time for the racers to responded too.

Racers have a right to know the dates and schedule of the event
Racers have a right to know what classes are available
Racers have the right to have a fixed set of rules/guidelines/requirements for the event classes
Racers have a right to sign up and run in any class they meet the requirements for (motor/car/body/fee/whatever)
Racers have a right to know what facilities will be available (power/potty/food)

Racers do not have the right to be in every class THEY WANT to be in if they don't meet or have the requirements to do so.Thats right, if you don't have the the liquid assests to get the proper items, then you need to select another class. To say that the coordinator needs to down-level (in this case) a spec class so that every possible racer can be in it if they want is pretty silly if you stop to think about it. Yeah, its disappointing to not get to race perhaps in that one event you where looking forward too, but if cost is an issue then that is what the stock class is for, to level the playing field for those of us that don't have/can't afford the equipment/motors/cars for the other classes.

CCrash is spending a huge amount of time trying to put all the pieces together for this event that I believe will turn out to be a great one, not just because of his effort, but by all the other behind the scenes folks as well. I'd like to thank him for even wanting to put up with the problems/issues/complaining that comes with such a huge and complicated task.

The final piece will be the racers coming to have fun, helping each other, seeing old friends and making new ones as well.

If this last one doesn't describe your experiance in little toy car racing, then perhaps its time to change hobbies.

This is my opinion, you are welcome to have your own as well.

Scott
Shayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 10:58 AM   #574
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Post SHAYD !

very nice ..ILL agree with that, now LETS GET BACK TO RACING!! can't wait for this race to begin !!!
Old 10-15-2003, 12:23 PM   #575
Tech Master

Location: Bending Corners R/C Raceway(s) 2190 North Canal Street Orange, CA 92865

Well Scott I guess you are right per MBRacer but does that also mean that if we were in church that Minister Chris Crash could just keep passing the donation plate until he sees fit or until all of the bills are paid?

How many racers at a $37.00 entry fee would it take to make up the cost of 1 racer who decides not to race because he/she feels that the race fee is to high?

This might be a FAT GUY like me, who might eat 2-3 hamburgers and a few cokes as well. (additional $12.00 + $1.00 tip). $50.00 day of racing and that is even before I put my car on the track and the way I drive I would break another $10.00 in parts.

CAN I USE MY SO CAL RACE BUCKS, I HAVE A LOT OF THEM!
Old 10-15-2003, 12:58 PM   #576
Tech Apprentice

TS,

No, but you are free to take yourself elsewhere if you are not interested/happy in what is planned/occuring/costs/rules/plate passed around for money or whatever. It is your decision to stay and play, or leave.

A point that should be made is that many many times the written word can be taken totally out of context as far as how something is being presented. Whereas your voice can carry inflection that convey your feelings in either a sincere or even a sneering fashion, it is hard to tell with the written word. Without voice inflection, forum responses like this one can be taken in a very negative fashion and that is not my intent. My intent is to express an alternative veiwpoint about 2$ more for a very specific class that is being put together.

I want you to know that I in no way mean to say you don't have a right to your feelings and expressing them. On the other hand, its easy to point out all the negative issues, and never hear one positive response or suggestion. Perhaps instead of just the negative feedback, how about presenting the issue and then expressing alternatives?

I'm hoping to attend and run in a stock class. Hope to see you there.

Scott
Shayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 01:52 PM   #577
Tech Master

Scott,
It's a parking lot race!
$37.00 for a parking lot race is HIGH AS HELL!

Think about this, if I was to set up a FREE RACE on the same dates, or if So Cal had a race the same dates, who would have the most fun?

The racers who pay $37.00 and get t-shirts, motor and trophy or the others.

Either side can be taken, but a suggestion inquiry from the race director might clear the air real quick.

I could care less, but I'm not alone, only one of the few who is not scared to express my thoughts.

Good luck, and I look forward to meeting you one of these dayz, this is my last post on this topic.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:31 PM   #578
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My .02. Pegasus Hobbies is selling the new Reedy Quad motor for $36 not including tax. $37 to race the 19T class is a bargain if you like racing 19T. The motor at any hobby store would cost you at least that much including tax which in effect means you get to race free and get a free shirt with the purchase of a motor which most people would have bought anyway.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 03:34 PM   #579
Tech Master

DOTMAN your .02$ was well spent
Old 10-15-2003, 04:21 PM   #580
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TireShredder

This might be a FAT GUY like me, who might eat 2-3 hamburgers and a few cokes as well. (additional $12.00 + $1.00 tip).
So What, Joe ate 5 one weekend !!!!

Really if an Extra $2 is going to break the Bank, skip the 1/2 dozen Crispy Creams in the morning.

Last edited by popsracer; 10-15-2003 at 04:28 PM.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 04:26 PM   #581
Tech Master

YUMMMMMMMMMMM HOT LINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought one of the new motors...they are so nice and look sweet in my WARPSPEED, now if I could just drive the damn thing.

PEACE!!
R/C HEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 04:44 PM   #582
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by RCJohnny
YUMMMMMMMMMMM HOT LINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PEACE!!
you got that right...those HOT LINKS are the 'ish.

can get enough..
Old 10-15-2003, 04:51 PM   #583
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey Orlando,
You can't run the truck. Leave it at home. Kill it, squish it! but hey, the spec motor has an ORANGE end bell That should be enough to get you to run that class.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 05:02 PM   #584
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
.....the spec motor has an ORANGE end bell That should be enough to get you to run that class.
hehe...actually the orange is 90% of me wanting to try the motor...

REEDY motors in the past (IMO) have been all about high RPM. and always had problem finding the sweet spot for gearing without torching it...not my style...

but i will give this 19t REEDY a try..

gonna try my best to make it out there...
Old 10-15-2003, 05:03 PM   #585
Tech Elite

Lightbulb

oh yeah....note to self.....

don't forget the truck...