Wiki Posts
Search

Racing in Corona, CA.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: all cheer the corona track

Originally posted by howard hudson
who cares when citris runs from what i have read you will be running on sundays and that should not effect sundays?????
You guys are missing the whole point. Oh well, maybe someone will figure it out one day.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: I'm Trying Bro

Originally posted by ChrisCrash
Charlie maybe we can get a circuit going this summer? Like back in the Cal-R/C days! Maybe a point Series? Is there time before LUCAS? Also I have the body for you to paint, nice sealed 200mm Crowd Pleaser Sedan by Pro-Line for the NAT's.
chris you have the support of the locals
Old 02-07-2003, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: I'm Trying Bro

Originally posted by ChrisCrash
Charlie maybe we can get a circuit going this summer? Like back in the Cal-R/C days! Maybe a point Series? Is there time before LUCAS? Also I have the body for you to paint, nice sealed 200mm Crowd Pleaser Sedan by Pro-Line for the NAT's.
with out a doubt local support will make it happen...
Old 02-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default so whats up

its been thirteen days haven't heard anything new whats up with the new track
Old 02-12-2003, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default I like the Enthusiasm

I am waiting for a final approval of the race dates. The current probable location is Santiago High School. It has a brand new asphalt surface, and both electricity and bathrooms would be available. We would like some assistance from the future racers. The transponder system we purchased was POOP! We sent it back, so we need to find another one! We would buy the new system, but we are currently purchasing a trailor, Generator (just to be safe), and Air compressor. So keep your ears to the pavement (asphalt). We need a system. If worse comes to worse, we will purchase the ARC system from Ko Propo which is more affordable than the new digital system from AMB! So help us out! By the way, the track looks GOOD!
Old 02-12-2003, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Talking criscrash,,,!!!

with the minor set back's is opening day still March 9th??......

Looking foward to running and the start of a new track...
Old 02-13-2003, 06:21 AM
Tech Regular

Default That's up to the School

As long as the school approves for that date! I should know next week. I will talk to the man who makes the decisions and get an answer by middle next week. We ar planning on March 9th being the magic day, even if I have to count by hand!
Old 02-13-2003, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Default Racing in Corona, CA.

Chris;

I am wondering what material will be used for the Track construction (FireHose, Boards, PVC, etc.)?

Thanks,
Old 02-13-2003, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default The Track

We will be using 2" PVC for the outside boarders, 1X1 for the inside lanes, 2X4 for the straightaway inside boarders. We have 25 Corner dots from Road Domes, and may look at adding more. We just picked up a 5000 watt generator for the electric guys, and we have a 22 gallon compressor to keep things clean! We have the newest autoscore, and a small PA system. All that's missing is the transponders! We will have transponder, 1 way or another, but if the 1st month I have to count them, I've have done 10 car 30 minute mains, and not missed a single vehicle! We chose these materials for the track because we want to limit damage to cars! The boards are green with the outside stripped red and white, looks pretty cool! I spoke with the AP at the high school today, and he is going to confirm dates tomorrow so we can have a difinitive answer by tuesday if we have to change some dates.
Old 02-13-2003, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default o boy o boy o boy

man you know how to get an old man excited. cant wait to do some racing close to home I will let the whole crew know should be a good turn out ya buddy
Old 02-13-2003, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

Chris- Better hurry.....Howard may not be able to contain himself!!!HAHA!!! This sounds great......
Old 02-13-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Talking hey chris!!

sounds like everything is lining up very well can't wait to runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn,.....,,.,.,.,.,.should be a good turn out and everyone will know before race day........see ya at the track..... And thank's for keeping all of us informed.....real class,.,.,.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default Racing in Corona, CA.

Chris;

Thank for the 411 on the track materials. Sounds first class to me.(Thank God, NO FIREHOSE !) I like the later starting time for the races too. Sure beats getting up at 6am on a Sunday.
We will make sure that we are there.

Better not let mb racer plug in to that Generator. He's been on a meltdown mission lately when it comes to things with electricity. (got ya)

Last edited by popsracer; 02-13-2003 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Racing in Corona, CA.

Originally posted by popsracer
Chris;

Thank for the 411 on the track materials. Sounds first class to me.(Thank God, NO FIREHOSE !) I like the later starting time for the races too. Sure beats getting up at 6am on a Sunday.
We will make sure that we are there.

Better not let mb racer plug in to that Generator. He's been on a meltdown mission lately when it comes to things with electricity. (got ya)
hey pop's!! missed ya at LM,, had another day of motor burnout, so,, I'm going to run my EXPRESS !@!! YEA BABY!!.. should run pretty good.. have to test.. any way see ya at corona track.. who's rascing next week /?????
Old 02-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Default who's rascing next week

mb racer;

Just had to mess with ya.

Citrus next weekend (22nd), Hobby People Riverside on the 2nd and hopefully Corona on the 9th.????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.