R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 06-15-2003, 06:55 PM   #256
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Not Sure yet

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCrash
Well if racing at the high school ends, it will be rescheduled for Friday nights. Dust is always a problem unless someone wants to push a broom over 9000 square feet? As for traction, its going to always be hot now, so additives will be laid from here forth... Parking at HobbyTown is not a problem as most shops close at 6pm, and they have the right to close off about 25,000 square feet for racing! If we go to Friday nights, it will be every other week, not once a month. My position is that if people are not going to come because of other racing, why should I setup on Sunday Morning in that heat? People are beggining the owners of HobbyTown to have us out there EVERY Friday, so why would I setup a track for 10 people, when 60 are asking for it on a diffrent night? Some of you have made it clear that racing at R/C Comp and La Habra is very important, so I want to make sure your fun isn't taken away from! So this Sunday will probably be the last Sunday Race.... I don't think somepeople realize the work that goes into running an race? Those of you who bust your butt out there helping Know what I'm talking about! So, if you wanna race Friday nights, you now have a place, if you want to race with the other clubs and have a good attendance, now you've got it! We will become a Friday night club from here forward, atleast until we get the permanent track open
even though I wont be there this sunday> I hate to see the program go. but friday is cool sunday is better. to bad cuz your track was the only for sure sunday racing there was. come on la mirada once a month and 12 bucks to race.... not! r/c comp is a saturday thing as is so cal.... camarillo is a drive so I guess everyone who cryed about the high school track can stay at home almost every sunday now ..... thanks a lot

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 11:03 PM   #257
Tech Regular

Thumbs up No Change, Just a Tweak

Well, some will possibly be happy to know that after a Team Titus meeting and discussion, we have decided to keep Sunday racing and ADD Friday Nights. However, we will be tweaking things a bit to make the racing work better for us.

1. We discussed how HobbyPeople has not been getting the job done, and therefore we will not blackout their race dates on our calendar as a courtesy!

2. Yes this means we are changing to the opposite weeks (before you say it, your welcome R/C Comp)

3. We will be pushing back the start time a bit, not much, but enough to help with logistical problems we have with the early races. Remember we originally planned on 1pm starts, So we need to get back closer to that time, probably everything back 1 hour to a noon start.

4. The point series is officially cancelled due the the date chages that are coming, however, we will be approaching manufactures about a huge end of season 2-day race! Location will be somewhere close by that will allow over night stay's at the track

5. The price of racing maybe raised to $10, with the extra $2 going to hobby bucks or cash for the winners of each main? This is still up for debate, people seem to want prizes...

6. Once we make these changes, there will be no more adjustments, so your going to have to live with it!
ChrisCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 07:10 AM   #258
Tech Master

Great Job Team Titus!
R/C HEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 07:37 AM   #259
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by RCJohnny
Great Job Team Titus!
3 Cheers for Chris!!!!!
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 11:38 AM   #260
Tech Regular

Default New Schedule

The new schedule has been posted on the webpage, check it out. Sunday times have been moved back 1 hour...
Old 06-16-2003, 07:10 PM   #261
Tech Master

Looks goooood!!!! Lots of racing......!!!
Old 06-22-2003, 08:00 PM   #262
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default sunday

Chris thanks for a good day of racing the upper lot was great are we going to run up there all the time good traction

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 09:03 PM   #263
Tech Master

Default Sunday

Great day! The new location was the kind! Thanks for everything. Great turn out too..60 or so entries? It was cool to see a couple pros visit Corona.

See everyone Friday Night at Hobby Town Corona!
Old 06-22-2003, 09:21 PM   #264
Tech Addict

Hey guys Ditto.... It was great and I hope we do continue to run on top!!! Also Hopefully I will be able to make it out on the Friday night ventures!!
Old 06-23-2003, 06:36 PM   #265
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up sundays race

Hey Chris, had a great day racing sunday .,, the upper lot is perfect!! and smooth with very good tracksion!! hope to run there in that lot in the future races. Hope to see everyone on FRIDAY NIGHT << HOBBYTOWN U.S A IN CORONA !! (conor of magnolia and ontario.... ) thanks for the food and the turn out was very nice.....see ya"ll FRIDAY NIGHT !!
Old 06-26-2003, 12:52 PM   #266
Tech Regular

Default News

Well I have good news and bad, the good news is that J.L. the owner of JLap race management software called me. As to the Malicious/combative files issue it turns out that is only an installation issue. The real problem is a change they made from the 2002 to the 2003 version, multi-tasking. They added a function that allows you to continue on through races, while the printer prints the last race results. It also enables you to move through the program making changes to all sorts of things while the race is running. This is what has been creating the problem. The past 2 weeks they have been flooded with calls about problems like I have been having. Since I have been running 2003 from the beginning, they havn't seen too many problems from elsewhere, now that everyone has upgraded to 2003, they are seeing it worldwide! So they have removed the function (multi-Tasking) until they can resolve the issue. The upgrade is supposed to be available today or tomorrow at the latest! We'll see Friday night!
The bad news, we CANNOT use the basketball courts for racing! They are starting the pool project on the west side, and re-grading and sodding the field on the eastside, so, with the amount of machinary and dirt flying around in that area, we probably won't even have access to get in! I am currently looking for another site that will offer better amenities....

See you all Friday, what's up with July 13th??? on or off???
Old 06-26-2003, 02:51 PM   #267
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi, Chris. So for now, there is no racing on Sunday?
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 03:20 PM   #268
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Hey Chris, have you found use for my tracks? I can have some new ones ready for ya tonight. Just gimme an hour or two
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 03:32 PM   #269
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

In fact here is one right here. I made sure not to put the pits along the front OR back stretch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg onroad track 17.jpg (29.9 KB, 38 views)
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 04:21 PM   #270
Tech Master

Default Sunday

I hope we race sunday at Corona!