Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Racing in Corona, CA.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey CC, if I can get em off my Zip disk, I got some more tracks I could hook you up with
Old 05-24-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Default Set-Up

CC, do you need any help setting up in the morning? What time do you guys get there?

John
Old 05-25-2003, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Default Race

Today was great!!

2 qualifiers and one main was perfect.

All the PC BUGS were gone, J LAP worked all day and everything ran smooth.

The track was fast and everyone said traction was great. Thanks to who ever spent all that time this morning blowing the track.

Everyone was right on when they said the food is good.

Expert Nitro was awsome to watch! Gus got TQ both times (i think) and won the main. It was cool watching him slow down so everyone could catch up to make it more interesting down the straight.

As for me, well this was my second time racing...lol need I say no more, no it was good. I did alot better this time. I think I even placed in the middle of the group. (Thanks POPS)

I hope everyone can make it Thursday Night at Hobby Town. I know it was rough the first couple times at Corona but Chris has done a great job! Everything works great now.

To Chris and Family, You guys put on a great race, It was alot of fun. I just hope my Boss will give me every other Sunday off now so I can Be there.

Anyway enough typing, I just wanted all to know that CORONA IS THE PLACE TO BE EVERY OTHER SUNDAY!!!!!

JOhn G.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks

Thank you to those of you who showed up for the first race of the point series! Thanks, Jojnny for the kind words! See you Thursday Night
Old 05-28-2003, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Thanks

Originally posted by ChrisCrash
Thank you to those of you who showed up for the first race of the point series! Thanks, Jojnny for the kind words! See you Thursday Night
Hey, you need me to shoot you some more race tracks. I can get the program again and launch you a few more by Friday
Old 05-29-2003, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

I just finished a new onroad track.
Attached Thumbnails Racing in Corona, CA.-track-15.jpg  
Old 06-07-2003, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default very nice

I see you are sticking with the Japan style tracks
Old 06-07-2003, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

really that one came before your email on changing where I put the pits in relation to the back and front stretch. Ive been thinking about it these past few days
Old 06-08-2003, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks

Guy's and Gals, thanks for a great day of racing. It was great to see so many out racing with us, even with the Hobbypeople and Tamiya TCS going on today! My sister appologizes that she could not make it for the chuckwagon today, I hope the Pizza was a fair price? I think I broke even? Some people have asked about cutting the point series short, naming a champion in July, and planning a 2 day race for late august? The attendance is sporatic due to other events, alot of nitro one week, alot of electric the next? I will let the racers decide, there will be a new poll on the website by Tuesday, asking what you want to do, we will run it until the next race sunday, and the most votes in either direction will decide....
Old 06-08-2003, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking CHIS CRASH !!

I know I haven't been there the past few races. and I just want to say Thank You for all your effort in making sure R/C racing lives on .. you've given us all as racers a place to get togather and have a good time. Thank's ! My schedule should be clear soon and I'll be there racing again... Take Care !!!
Old 06-08-2003, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Default Race

Another fun day at Corona. Thanks Again Chris.

I think as far as the turn out you should get together with the other clubs and get a plan laid out so your not running the same days or even the same weekend.

Alot of guys can't justify to the wife and kids running Saturday and Sunday in the same week. I think if you ran opposite then RC Comp you would get alot more people at the track. I am sure that most everyone would go to both clubs if they were opposite each other.

Anyway we are just glad to see a track in the I.E. If you can't change the dates now I would strongly suggest it for next season. That seems to be the biggest gripe when talking to other racers.

I hope you can land a full time deal with Hobby Town. week day racing is great and I am sure when the word is out the turn out will be huge.

Thanks Again Chris.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default Racing in Corona, CA.

RCJohnny;

Good points, hopefully they won't fall on Deaf Ears this time.

Now if we can get a clean surface to race on where we're not sliding around on all the dust. How much time and $$ could a few gallons of sugar water or soda cost to improve the traction?
Old 06-09-2003, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking tracksion????

If your at a track that has dust. and you think tracksion is everything your wrong!! a good racer will try diffrent setups and throttle control to win fast does'nt always win race's... DRIVING DOES>>>>> any questions ??? just ask your selfs what it's going to take to win and do it..,, Don't blame track conditions all track's are diffrent (and a helping hand with the track is nice too)......instead of complaints.....JUST MY 2CENTS>>>>!!!!
Old 06-09-2003, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: tracksion????

Originally posted by mb racer
a helping hand with the track is nice too)......instead of complaints.....JUST MY 2CENTS>>>>!!!!
GREAT see you there early next time to "Lend a Helping Hand"! S.A.!!!
Old 06-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

Default Just a few thoughts

First, any additive other than VHT, does not work if the temp does not reach 72 degrees, it just makes things worse. Since it was cold and overcast we did not put any addidtive down. We have used VHT in the past but it has 2 problems.
1. Cost $36 every race day!
2. clogs up the sprayer and eats up the gasket (so it must be replaced)

As for the dust, it's P-Lot racing, we blow the track down the best we can, but it's still a P-Lot?

As for racing on schedule with other clubs, I did my best to avoid large ROAR and NORRCA events, as well as HobbyPeople races. That was difficult, worring about other clubs is not a real concern, providing racing to the Inland Empire is! We are looking, however, at changing up the racing calendar, to make racing more accessable to racers.

Finally, if you have complaints or advise, my email inbox is always open, drop me a line!
Chris Crash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.