Wiki Posts
Search

possible indoor off road in North San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default possible indoor off road in North San Diego

Alright, looking at setting up a small indoor 1/10 and 1/18 dirt off road track in Escondido (north San Diego). Nothing huge, just a place that people can come for a relaxing time to practice and race. Small hobby shop specializing in RC cars/trucks, and model cars. Will do service and builds, and custom

NOT ENOUGH INTEREST TO PURSUE, BUMMER

we can expect something in the next three to four months. The hobby shop portion is already in the works. I alrady have several volunteers to help out with the track. I want it to be FUN! Back in the mid 90's i used to race 4-5 times a week! And it was fun. Stock class racing was very competitve and really tested your driving skills, especially since we didnt have the tires that are available now. It seems to me there are too many kids getting into RC's just to bash instead of race. I would think that is partly due to the fact there are no tracks in the area to be able to go to on a regular basis. I would like to help change that.

Steve

Last edited by nc-hopsing; 07-17-2006 at 07:10 AM.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Man I would love to help Volunteer my services! Maybe become apart of what your'e trying to build! Looks like we share some interest. I too would love to set something up and help kids aswell!
Old 06-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Tech Adept

sign me up!!!! I am more than willing to help out and get this thing off the ground!! I like onroad but i have a BK2 that needs a little track love right about now!!!!! email me if i can help......
Old 06-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

any updates
Old 06-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

If this materializes ill be there at least 4 days a week
Old 06-16-2006, 01:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey Steve, you know I'm in. I really like the after school idea for kids. I know I remember when we raced together at RC Racing Center back in the day, I knew a lot of kids who wanted to race but their parents wouldn't drop the cash. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I'll do what I can.