Community
Wiki Posts
Search

G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I will try and help when I can. But I would keep it the way it is for now and hopefully everyone can just help marshaling. To be honest Drag race tracks don't go out of there way for racer's. People race for money or there love for the sport. Just like hunting, golfing, pigeon shooting, atv riding, cheer leading, baseball, football, and the list goes on.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN
I can only speak for myself. I know that I do the best I can to help Garland keep the track going. I agree that we all need a meeting of the minds, but not everyone can have their way.
EX: Some of the racers want a table for the vehicles to be put on right after a race, and go out immediately and turn marshal.
Other ones say they do not want to put their vehicles on the table.
People saying "You should put this jump in, etc" but then these same people do not want to help in the labor or cost!
* Everyone that races know that they should turn marshal. We have some people that are handicapable and just are unable to (Everyone should thank GOD it isn't them) My husband and I have turn marshalled and we are not in good shape health wise. Several other guys have turnmarshalled and they did not race at all.
Racers are saying "we wants doubles" other say "We don't"
Some say start earlier, some travel far to get here & it is hard to start earlier.
So, you see, it is becoming overwhelming for me & I am not enjoying the bickering all of the time. We can only do our best, that's all. These are my thoughts. Not fun for me anymore. Robin
Robin, I for Thank you for greeting me with a smile every time I have been to you all's track! I hope all the petty bullcrap ends and things prosper the way they should. You ,Jack, and G do a fine job. Looking forward to the next points race and I hope you are still smiling.

Brian Daugherty
Old 07-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guys heres the way it is.

Races will start promptly at the designated times. 3-4 minutes between races... have your vehicle ready. We have house transponders available at no extra cost so if you only have 1 transponder and are racing 2 or more classes use a house transponder for your additional class so you dont have to change it from car to car and possibly have it unhooked or not registering. We have to keep the ball rolling. Registration is done through me... registration is a CASH expense so bring CASH. Register as soon as possible... dont wait around for others to see what they are running to sign up. Registration will end 30 minutes prior to race time. If you are running late call in and register over the phone and pay as soon as you arrive. You will be marshalling the race after your race... you need to be there unless you have a physical inability to do so... failure to marshal will result in a lap less off of your qualifier. Guys if you need to make a repair try to trade a marshall spot or get yours covered. There will be instances where we will have more marshalls than we need for a particular race... this will result in some individuals marshalling a different race other than the race proceeding their own. Heats are timed individually they most likely will be rolling starts depending on the feedback I receive about this issue. Mains All nitro will be started from the pit lane. We are not going to spend a bunch of time getting you guys lined up. The grid listings will be printed in advance (so you will know what position you are in)and you will need to be in you position in a timely manner. The main will be started by a race official then you will proceed on your laps in position with no passing until after the turn approaching the "ANT HILL". It is possible that this will be the same protocol for electric mains. When your race is done you need to bring your equipment to the table that we am going to build and head to the track to marshal. Guys we are not children and I have been more than patient, but our inability to do what is necessary on our own has elapsed since this is now effecting my program in a negative way and this reflects on my management. I will not let simple things happen to deter folks from coming to my track to have fun... remember it is supposed to be fun... if we lose that ... its over and just not worth it. I am having the drivers meeting this sunday... dont just brush it off bring you butts over and lets interact. Thanks for hearing me out. Oh yeah we are working on the track in the a.m and having practice probably around noon til 6.or later.. Some guys are coming from out of state and sleeping in vans and hotel rooms for sundays race so get out here I have to see how the adjustments need to be tweeked.

Last edited by RCCARTMAN; 07-03-2011 at 04:17 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Well Said
Old 07-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Right on Garland!!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TonyWest
Well Said
Exactly. Let's have fun and race
Old 07-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

G, Robin, Jack - I think you guys always do a great job, and I always/always enjoy my time at the track/shop. Keep up the good work!

I think the recent posts on the thread resemble the spirit of the RC racer. Lots of tinkering. There's so much to tinker with on the cars and electrics, and on the non-race days/nights, everyone tinkers on the message boards. LOL. Take everything with a grain of salt!
Old 07-02-2011, 03:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 154 (100%+)

well said Garland!!
Old 07-02-2011, 03:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hell yeah G thats the way to do it you are the man.Last thing i want is one of those big ass feet of yours up my assSo let it be writen so let it be done!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Won't be able to make it today G. I got labor classes to go to with the wife. God I hope it isn't boring. Anyway if all possible I will be out first thing tomorrow. I'm giving up my day to let Nathan try his truck out. Anyway I will probably come out after classes and pick it up this afternoon. Remember he wants the rockstar one. That way he can have it sunday morning as a surprise. I will and can help with anything sunday. Just let me know.

Well said above!!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

well said G
Old 07-02-2011, 01:27 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default UPGRADE COMPLETE!

NEW TOWERS,B-PLATE,CHASSIS,REAR SWAY-BAR KIT,MODIFIED FRONT AND REAR ARMS.
G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-pict0010.jpg

G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-pict0005.jpg

G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-pict0008.jpg
WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN COMPLETE WITHOUT THE HOME-MADE G'S STICKER
Old 07-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

looks good mike. Thanks for the plus I really appreciate it. I need to find someone to make some decals for me. Thanks again for your help and Travis' help. Also thanks today to DAD Brad Nate Skip, and TR
Old 07-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN
looks good mike. Thanks for the plus I really appreciate it. I need to find someone to make some decals for me. Thanks again for your help and Travis' help. Also thanks today to DAD Brad Nate Skip, and TR
Your welcome. See you in the am!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Cool Skip. Should be a nice turnout tomorrow.. Tracks looking pretty nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.