Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa >

G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa

G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa

Old 06-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Robin.....thank you so much for sending me home the goodie bag...loved it. I can not wait to come back out there soon. I am finally feeling better, and now that im healthy now i'm broke from missing work..lol. But i cant wait to come up and have some fun. We had the kids up on that monday and they each made a couple laps with mine and did a half decent job, so we will see how we can work that in, travis already asked to come back up...ha ha ha. Sorry to hear about the low turn out if there is anything i can do to help let me know, i can put up flyers or post stuff on facebook, or anything that you think of just let me know.

Thanks
Mandy
Old 06-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN
TOO MESSY TO SUIT ME! IT LOOKS LIKE YOU WERE MUD BOGGING!!
ROBIN
mudd bogging, and blowing up a motor.......ha ha ha ha ha. But at least we still had fun.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

THANKS. GLAD YOU LIKED THE GOODIE BAG. IT WILL BE GOOD TO SEE YOU AND THE KIDS AGAIN. I'M GLAD YOU ARE NOT SICK. NOW I AM. TAKE CARE ROBIN
Old 06-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Kash if you really want the RX8 I will break up the set to sell u just the esc and I will hold on to that T8 until the esc is back in stock. Also, I got another chassis in for u today to mill out for weight.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Might have to get the mamba from you so i know it will work for more than a 2 week period.. Whatever shipping is let me know i will take care of the tekin cost. As for the chassis gotta check my ducks after the 3rd esc purchase see if i got enough, but the 3/4 battery movement forward was a huge improvement jumping, cornering and forward acceleration so when Pops mills the chassis we gotta line up the new holes on my chassis with the new chassis before he mills it out so the battery will fit properly.. Can't wait to get that chassis stuff done will prolly shed some decent rear weight to... Cool i'll be in touch Garland and thanks for everything.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

hey G i had fun there sun thanks for puttin on a good race . and thanks to u and your mom@dad for helping al and i with our track see u soon B
Old 06-15-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Originally Posted by Kash$
Might have to get the mamba from you so i know it will work for more than a 2 week period.. Whatever shipping is let me know i will take care of the tekin cost. As for the chassis gotta check my ducks after the 3rd esc purchase see if i got enough, but the 3/4 battery movement forward was a huge improvement jumping, cornering and forward acceleration so when Pops mills the chassis we gotta line up the new holes on my chassis with the new chassis before he mills it out so the battery will fit properly.. Can't wait to get that chassis stuff done will prolly shed some decent rear weight to... Cool i'll be in touch Garland and thanks for everything.
Go GREEN Mamba there #1
Old 06-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kash$

swap the speed control and battery in your teckno conversion...get that battery as far forward as possible and your car will jump well, turn on a dime, and come out of the turn hard...take out the clutch set-up and remove the mechanical brakes...use the stock motor mount for the 8E...move the motor forward 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch...put 3, 4, 2 in the diffs, and you're dialed...

saw a losi this past weekend with what I mentioned above and his car was almost as good as mine...

nothing beats a Tekin if mounted correctly

Last edited by lovell; 06-15-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That sucks about the low turn out for the Bash, but I have a few ideas. This is just from my point of view. I knew nothing about the bash, so my first suggestion would be to post it on some of the other tracks forums so that some of the semi-local driver that dont read your forum all the time would know about the race, as i said if I would have known about it I would have come (at least for 1 day) that is my other suggestion, a lot of ppl (again like myself) dont have the extra money to spend on a hotel, for a 2 day event, and a lot of other ppl that have kids in sports and such can't spend 2 days racing. Seems like last years format of having the 1 day bash drew a lot more drivers. That is just my opinion.

If you decide to have a fall bash let me know and I will be there, at least for the "main" day if you decide to make it 2 days again!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Originally Posted by lovell
swap the speed control and battery in your teckno conversion...get that battery as far forward as possible and your car will jump well, turn on a dime, and come out of the turn hard...take out the clutch set-up and remove the mechanical brakes...use the stock motor mount for the 8E...move the motor forward 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch...put 3, 4, 2 in the diffs, and you're dialed...

saw a losi this past weekend with what I mentioned above and his car was almost as good as mine...

nothing beats a Tekin if mounted correctly
Let me write that down, yeah i noticed the more i move the battery forward the better the car is getting, thanks CR.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

We are not hosting anymore 2 day events. We just did that this year due to last years complaints of the races running too late. We try to accomodate people as much as we can but sometimes that backfires as this did. We even planned 3 qualifiers (saturday) and planned 1 qualifier and a main(sunday) but ended up doing 3 qual. on saturday and 3 qual. on sunday and the main. As far as promoting my events on other tracks forums, I will not do that, because being the track owner I think it would be rude for me to promote and take away from their track. There are many great tracks around and we all need our followers to help us promote our events. Word of mouth is a great promotional tool.

I encourage Full Throttles upcoming because I remember what it was like just starting out and nobody helping. Alf and Brandon are some good guys. Trying to make more fun in the R/C community. We will be at Full Throttle (Hagerstown MD) this Saturday. Hope to see U all there on Saturdayand here on Sunday. G

Last edited by RCCARTMAN; 06-16-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN
We are not hosting anymore 2 day events. We just did that this year due to last years complaints of the races running too late. We try to accomodate people as much as we can but sometimes that backfires as this did. We even planned 3 qualifiers (saturday) and planned 1 qualifier and a main(sunday) but ended up doing 3 qual. on saturday and 3 qual. on sunday and the main. As far as promoting my events on other tracks forums, I will not do that, because being the track owner I think it would be rude for me to promote and take away from their track. There are many great tracks around and we all need our followers to help us promote our events. Word of mouth is a great promotional tool.

I encourage Full Throttles upcoming because I remember what it was like just starting out and nobody helping. Alf and Brandon are some good guys. Trying to make more fun in the R/C community. We will be at Full Throttle (Hagerstown MD) this Saturday. Hope to see U all there and here on Sunday. G
THANKS G for every thing we appreciate all you are doing to help us stay OPEN
Old 06-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Sorry to hear about this past weekend; however, we will be down to Full Throttle this Saturday, and we're all gonna try to support your track as much as possible after this. I can get 3 Mod 2wd SCT's, 1 E scale Buggy, and a mod 4x4 SCT. Hope to see you there!
Old 06-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tyler350
Sorry to hear about this past weekend; however, we will be down to Full Throttle this Saturday, and we're all gonna try to support your track as much as possible after this. I can get 3 Mod 2wd SCT's, 1 E scale Buggy, and a mod 4x4 SCT. Hope to see you there!
+1 support ALL your local tracks Not sure if you have been up to G's this race season but you will like the track it ROCKS &
Old 06-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I have not been up yet, but from the pictures...it looks extremely nice, and very professional built. I can't wait to check it out! The weather looks good for Full Throttle this weekend; 97 degrees!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.