R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 06-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #931
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

pics from the bash
Attached Thumbnails
G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-alex-win.jpg   G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-barry-rc-sim.jpg   G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-bowie.jpg   G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-brandon-bottle.jpg   G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-caption.jpg  

Old 06-13-2010, 04:22 PM   #932
Tech Elite

more
Attached Thumbnails
G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-caption-2.jpg   G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-casey-revo-body.jpg   G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-don-winning-truth-body.jpg   G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-ed-again.jpg   G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-ed-again-2.jpg  

Old 06-13-2010, 04:24 PM   #933
Tech Elite

more pics
Attached Thumbnails
G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-ed-winner-rtf-planes.jpg   G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-gordon.jpg   G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-jamie-truggyrims.jpg   G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-jeremiah-dremel.jpg   G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-kash-win.jpg  

Old 06-13-2010, 04:32 PM   #934
Tech Elite

more
Attached Thumbnails
G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-matt-robbins.jpg   G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-mitch-winning-losi-body.jpg   G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-travis-blitz.jpg   G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-air.jpg   G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-kash.jpg  

Old 06-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #935
Tech Elite

VIDEO COMING SOON... I NEED TO PRACTICE WITH MY VIDEO EDITOR. I SUCK AT VIDEOGRAPHY.
Attached Thumbnails
G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-learn.jpg   G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-cry.jpg   G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-group.jpg  
Old 06-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #936
Tech Elite

I CALCULATED IT UP FOLKS... I PUT OUT $1,090 PLUS TAX AND COLLECTED JUST OVER $300 IN ENTRY FEES. DO YOU ALL HAVE ANY IDEAS ON HOW I CAN MAKE THINGS BETTER... WHY AREN'T PEOPLE COMING TO OUR EVENTS? EVEN MOST OF OUR LOCALS GO SUPPORT OTHER TRAKCS. I HAD A GREAT TIME BUT I LOST MY JOB AND I NEED TO GET SOME MORE RACERS. GUYS THIS IS A MAKE OR BREAK YEAR. WHEN I WAS EMPLOYED I COULD RELY ON THAT INCOME TO STAY AFLOAT DURING SLOW TIMES. HELP US KEEP THE DOORS OPEN. THANKS G
Old 06-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #937
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Thanks I had a great time. It was a lot of fun. Still laughing at pics. Laughed even harder when I got home, open a box to find out it was empty. Good thing I win four.Thanks again
Ed Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #938
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN View Post
I CALCULATED IT UP FOLKS... I PUT OUT $1,090 PLUS TAX AND COLLECTED JUST OVER $300 IN ENTRY FEES. DO YOU ALL HAVE ANY IDEAS ON HOW I CAN MAKE THINGS BETTER... WHY AREN'T PEOPLE COMING TO OUR EVENTS? EVEN MOST OF OUR LOCALS GO SUPPORT OTHER TRAKCS. I HAD A GREAT TIME BUT I LOST MY JOB AND I NEED TO GET SOME MORE RACERS. GUYS THIS IS A MAKE OR BREAK YEAR. WHEN I WAS EMPLOYED I COULD RELY ON THAT INCOME TO STAY AFLOAT DURING SLOW TIMES. HELP US KEEP THE DOORS OPEN. THANKS G
Dang, sorry to hear that G. Wished I could have made it up, looks and sounds like everyone had a blast. Money has been super tight lately for me as well. That and a broken buggy have kept me down for awhile. Buggy is all back together ready to go, just waiting on screws for the truggy now.

As far as bringing in more people that is a tough one. Been on Nuclears chat and they are having the same issues right now. You have a nice track so thats not an issue. Only idea I would have is to ask some of the other track owners what they are doing to get their numbers up.
cloud9graffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:48 AM   #939
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
I will give you my 2 cents since you asked.

1. Give up 2 day or any Saturday racing idea. There are too many tracks running Saturdays in the area now.
2. For a bigger event like this weekend, Sunday race can be done with 3 heats and a main and giving out prizes at the end in a decent amount of time. Keeping 4 minutes between heats and running straight through rounds with 4 minutes in between rounds will still give people plenty of time to charge batteries. If they are not at the line, then sound the buzzer and go without them. They will learn to be there the next time. More people attending should result in more vehicles per class and more classes in general. Mom can still cook and people can get food in between without stopping. Watering should be done each round lightly so we do not have to wait for some of the surface to soak up so much. You may have to do 10 minutes between rounds to get the watering done.
3. You, G, need to start racing more with the group. You can't tell what changes may need done to the track if you are not trying it out for yourself. I can only think of one other track that I have been to in the last month where I saw the owner/manager running.
4. When available and possible, do not hesitate to go out to some of the other tracks to see how they are doing it too. I have noticed recently the owner of Altoona has been traveling to get the word out and to learn from some of the other tracks. We have a core set of racers on Sundays and I am fortunate enough to be able to visit some of the other tracks also. My offer still stands to anyone that would like to tag along. Showing up with a group of guys from the local track at other tracks usually results in a return visit from those folks also. I believe the Altoona guys were out a couple of weeks ago. In fact, this weekend, their track manager decided to put out a message that racing is off for the fathers day weekend, and they would like to get a group of guys to head out to Mccullough's in Pittsburgh on Saturday.
5. You are not the only track with this problem. I am going to Hobby Headquarters this Saturday to race for the same reason, to help out another track with low attendance. Coordinating with other local track owners on big events can help out.
6. Track suggestion: Let's just get rid of that big jump in the center on the fourth lane in. We have changed that jump at least four times that I can think of and it either launches the 1/8 scales to high or it throws the short course trucks to short. It messes up rhythm for both on approaching the next set of triples. All others seems fine.
7. Holiday weekends we can probably expect low turnouts either way with people traveling etc.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:16 AM   #940
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
I will give you my 2 cents since you asked.

1. Give up 2 day or any Saturday racing idea. There are too many tracks running Saturdays in the area now.
2. For a bigger event like this weekend, Sunday race can be done with 3 heats and a main and giving out prizes at the end in a decent amount of time. Keeping 4 minutes between heats and running straight through rounds with 4 minutes in between rounds will still give people plenty of time to charge batteries. If they are not at the line, then sound the buzzer and go without them. They will learn to be there the next time. More people attending should result in more vehicles per class and more classes in general. Mom can still cook and people can get food in between without stopping. Watering should be done each round lightly so we do not have to wait for some of the surface to soak up so much. You may have to do 10 minutes between rounds to get the watering done.
3. You, G, need to start racing more with the group. You can't tell what changes may need done to the track if you are not trying it out for yourself. I can only think of one other track that I have been to in the last month where I saw the owner/manager running.
4. When available and possible, do not hesitate to go out to some of the other tracks to see how they are doing it too. I have noticed recently the owner of Altoona has been traveling to get the word out and to learn from some of the other tracks. We have a core set of racers on Sundays and I am fortunate enough to be able to visit some of the other tracks also. My offer still stands to anyone that would like to tag along. Showing up with a group of guys from the local track at other tracks usually results in a return visit from those folks also. I believe the Altoona guys were out a couple of weeks ago. In fact, this weekend, their track manager decided to put out a message that racing is off for the fathers day weekend, and they would like to get a group of guys to head out to Mccullough's in Pittsburgh on Saturday.
5. You are not the only track with this problem. I am going to Hobby Headquarters this Saturday to race for the same reason, to help out another track with low attendance. Coordinating with other local track owners on big events can help out.
6. Track suggestion: Let's just get rid of that big jump in the center on the fourth lane in. We have changed that jump at least four times that I can think of and it either launches the 1/8 scales to high or it throws the short course trucks to short. It messes up rhythm for both on approaching the next set of triples. All others seems fine.
7. Holiday weekends we can probably expect low turnouts either way with people traveling etc.
POINTS TAKEN. ENJOY YOUR TRAVEL. ROBIN
Old 06-14-2010, 07:26 AM   #941
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-zer View Post
Thanks I had a great time. It was a lot of fun. Still laughing at pics. Laughed even harder when I got home, open a box to find out it was empty. Good thing I win four.Thanks again
GLAD YOU HAD FUN. WE DID, TOO.
HEY, WELL YOU GOT THREE!
THE OTHER PLANE IS HERE. SO, WHEN WE SEE YOU AGAIN, WE WILL BE GLAD TO GIVE IT TO YOU. (THIS WAY, WE MADE SURE YOU WOULD BE BACK!) ROBIN

AS JASON WAS SAYING, THE OTHER TRACKS WILL BE CLOSED ON THE WEEKEND OF THE 4TH, I THINK I WILL TALK G INTO CLOSING ALSO. WE ARE GOING TO GO TO HAGERSTOWN, TO FULL THROTTLE ON SATURDAY, SO COME DOWN AND SEE US THERE.
WE ARE ALSO TAKING HIS SUGGESTION ABOUT NO RACING HERE ON SATURDAY.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:34 AM   #942
Tech Elite

Quote:
POINTS TAKEN. ENJOY YOUR TRAVEL. ROBIN
ALSO, JASON, YOU WERE NOT HERE SUNDAY AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE DID. RAN THREE HEATS AND A MAIN. ONE RIGHT AFTER THE OTHER (WET THE TRACK LIGHTLY IN BETWEEN WHEN NEEDED).
Old 06-14-2010, 08:14 AM   #943
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
ALSO, JASON, YOU WERE NOT HERE SUNDAY AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE DID. RAN THREE HEATS AND A MAIN. ONE RIGHT AFTER THE OTHER (WET THE TRACK LIGHTLY IN BETWEEN WHEN NEEDED).
What time did you finish Sunday? Looked like another lite turnout. I think when you see 50 entries a week it's going to help out more. So it sounds like you guys are already making changes to help.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #944
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default thank you

me and mom had an great time,and we luv u your family and your great track. and still the best track on the east coast....
1983.TC3,XXXS,MI3,JRXS,DB12R,TC5R,JRXSR,PRO4,CYCLONE,SC8,SC10,009,HPI BLITZ,LOSI 8,b4.1,b44,serpent impluse,serpent impact 2wd,serpent impact m2 4wd.HotBodiesD8.RC 8.2 .SC 10#2.sc10 4x4.b4 2wd buggy.scte4x4 losi.techno dno8 conversion.Techno Rc8.2. Amsoil.Vp.TeamManager Fuel throttle motor sports.G's . JUICE RACING LLC.COM AND ON FACEBOOK. THE JUICE RACING.
baf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #945
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-caption.jpg
Mugen Seiki / J Concepts / Airtronics/Sanwa USA / LC Racing , Baton Inc. / VIPER / REDS Racing USA / VP Racing Fuels / Tekno RC / Boca Bearings / G's Raceway & Hobbies / Waldorf RC / Upgrade RC / Kal Gaurd Lubricants /
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote